Sad

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jordizzle, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

Sorry, I did not mean to imply bludgeon was doing the same target problems.... That one is about the % of misses and extremely low damage on free attacks. Glyphs are working great, but the main attack (I use free attack) has problems in the math I believe.

Again, different bug/balance, but was hoping a big fix was coming to cover everything.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  2. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Whatever went into the Patch today seems to have fixed it!!!!! OMG THANK YOU! @DarkStarr

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Next time I want them to fix something urgently, I would totally title my thread as, "sad" :p

I'm glad the polearm bug is fixed, though.. duel-wielded spears look very cool!

4. Kona

Kona Avatar

Do you find the spear a viable weapon? I had to switch to 2HS for improved dps.

I felt shame as I wanted to be a dual spear wielder as well.

5. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Dual....spear....

6. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

I've just always liked pole arms here. I wanted to stay with polearms specifically for PVP reasons after final wipe. .but I wanted to duel wield though and I wasn't fond of blades. . and then I noticed the spear was a one handed weapon so I decided to try it and it works out decent enough for me. Right now I'm just using a couple of crap +1 spears that I crafted myself. Off hand attack has no cool down, uses zero focus, and does decent damage once you train up your offhand power. When you have 4 off hand attacks in your hotbar, you can string those attacks together as fast as you can possibly hit the keys since there is no delay like there is when you activate other skills. Makes for a fun time when you can do that into another damaging skill (example offhand>offhand>offhand>offhand>Puncture.. in what feels like under 1 second). My goal is to have 5 offhand attacks in my deck. . It's free damage so why not! Plus when the battle is a tough one and you run completely out of focus, but you are still able to finish and win the fight because you're pulling back to back off hand attacks. . that's really nice. Beats having to sheathe for focus and using Tap Soul imo. . I can kill bear patriarchs in Deep Ravenswood who's names appear orange to me quite easily. I may be able to take on two at a time now that the bug appears to be fixed so I'll have to try that. I also poison my spear as well and that helps since the spear is a little under powered compared to 2h weapons.

Big thanks to @DarkStarr and the rest of the dev team though. Faith restored for sure. I'm an impatient person sometimes. I would say it's my biggest fault.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
    pikegirl, nonaware, Alexander and 2 others like this.
  7. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

that sounds fun i will have to keep this in mind if/when i reroll repec :)

Jordizzle likes this.
  8. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

A dual-wielding duel. Sounds fun. @Earl Atogrim von Draken It is easy to mix up those words... be nice. <-- tongue in cheek, I know you were, just making light of it. :p

There is very little evidence of the tactic ever being used, but in the SCA there are a few of us who like to use off-hand spear (reverse grip) and sword. All the range of the spear, all the in close agility of the sword, plus the spear does a good job as a 'long skinny shield'. Useless against archery, but hey, I would never take it to war. Only on the list fields in single combat or small melee battles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.