Heavy armor balance concerns

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by enderandrew, Aug 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

Your strength is endurance. Thats your key to success. DPS is for casters.

2. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Except I don't think it amounts to real damage mitigation currently.

3. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Maybe they could add a new type of full platemail, which could bring the DR up by a lot, but also have some penalties attached to it like much harsher fizzle chance and way slower attack speed.

I think it would fit with current SOTA mechanics nicely to have a suit like this, because the healing is low with no specialization.

Not sure it would work out well just to alter the epic plate to be more like this, rather than making a new type of full plate, because there may be founder epic plate suits and it would probably make some sad faces to make the epic plate unusable for certain playstyles at this point.

4. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

We already have the high fizzle without the DR. Current plate mail serves no real purpose.

5. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

you mean the non epic plate has no purpose? or epic plate has no purpose

6. Vaughan

Vaughan Avatar

I've been using 2-handed bludgeon with 100 in Bludgeon, and Earth magic (Fist/Arrow) in the 80's. My bludgeon damage is pretty good, and can take down multiple targets very well, and it's even more potent with Earth magic thrown in. I tried moving to leather armour, but I couldn't effectively take on 3 enemies to get the most out of my bludgeon aoe damage, as I was taking too much damage. So that made me decide to move up in the Heavy Armour skill. The benefits are with the strength buffs in Heavy Armour which add to both Earth and Bludgeon damage, I believe the Deflection skill also helps when taking on multiple targets.

I tried a shield with Light Armour and Heavy Armour, but damage is so limited compared with a two handed weapon and the fights take longer, so you end up taking more damage overall. The shield doesn't compensate at all for the two handed weapon. But for tackling multiple targets I believe Heavy Armour is better, as for PVP I wouldn't know...yet!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.