Um where do groups go now ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fel, Sep 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fel

Fel Avatar

Today we got a group together 8 people lowest level 65 highest around 78 . we tried vabun control point no success , tried sanctus no success . that waisted 1 hour 30 minutes . where does a group go anymore . before you nerfed it there were 3 groups playing togethet and playing way too many hours . Now no where for groups to go and you can only solo play for so long . All these hard core changes and slowly hurting things . cry cry cry .

Time Lord, Arthur Ironfist and brentw like this.
  2. Demoyn

Demoyn Avatar

They don't go anywhere. Portallarium said they want people to feel like they're crawling, so we're all going to crawl straight to games where we feel that we're making progress. I was putting 15 hours a day into this game... until the day they nerfed control points. Now I actively look for things around the house to clean because it's more fun than playing solo grind MMO all day.

3. aseltine

aseltine Avatar

Great question and I can't figure it out. At CP's you have 1K HP mobs in mass at the control points now and I have yet to see a ~70 group that can handle it. If we had another way of leveling or question as groups that would be one thing... sure the game isn't done yet but there could be better level balancing across this massive map to make group activity more enticing - like a week ago when control points worked.

4. Retro

Retro Avatar

This is a BIG problem, massive portions of the map become useless to most of the players after a REALLY short time...from day 4 I couldn't step in anything less then a 5 skull to gain EXP and I'm not even a "Hardcore" player...

We need to have some type of dynamic power level instancing or boss level encounters (best would be both) when groups enter "any" area...weaker people entering these instances would be given the option to enter the upgraded power leveled instance (with bosses ;)) or the standard "skull" level instance.

Since we have instances...lets use them to our advantage and reclaim the map.... just one possible solution (just do a better job with it then Elder Scrolls: Oblivion:eek::D:p)

5. Fel

Fel Avatar

lol just tried east reach gap with 18 people and all 18 got wiped . so sad .

6. Modu

Modu Avatar

Is it even possible at this point to do things like tank/heal and such in groups like that?

Can you have multiple people in a big heal rotation so that the tank can actually keep aggro? Ala old school EQ tactics?

Just curious as that seems like the only way currently.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Kasula Saer

Kasula Saer Avatar

We ended up with 22 people trying to keep Eastreach and we still couldn't get past the 3rd wave. Why play an MMO if we can't play multiplayer? Solo deep Ravenswood is getting tiresome....

8. Fel

Fel Avatar

if i understand right now . for some reason healing another person makes the mobs mad . so healers get all aggro . i am done playing solo player . Guess its time to take another break from the game . hmm what to do now .

9. Modu

Modu Avatar

So, is heal tanking an option? We did that a lot in The Secret World.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Jaanelle DeJure

Jaanelle DeJure Avatar

I'm wondering if people have played around with their decks much since the last release. Just before the update, I was taking down swarms of 6+ in a 1 skull, and then all of a sudden got trounced and had to run out screaming for my life...

Anyways at first I thought I may have been nerfed, but once I started paying attention to what was going on rather than just running into an area fists flying, I was able to make some adjustments to my deck that more than made up for it.

Now with basically same skill level for my main attack skills, I am close to taking down the same size swarms in 2 skull solo.

11. Fel

Fel Avatar

im not sure what that has to do with group play but good job ?

Time Lord likes this.
  12. Demoyn

Demoyn Avatar

We already have the best decks humanly possible. If our group can't do the control points I doubt anyone can (at least not any group that would have a reason to go there).

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Jaden344

Jaden344 Avatar

You must be trolling right, i can solo 2 control point up to 5 waves
    It gives about 100k exp every 13 min

Headquake and Time Lord like this.
  14. Forseti

Forseti Avatar

This is all over the place. Can't tell what the general consensus is, is it too hard or too easy? Is rolling with a group of more than 5 or 6 people a thing that they have stated that there will be game play for? Any more people than that seems excessive. But maybe that's the norm now? I never played much more than UO just a tidbit of WoW.

Anyway, like Retro said above, a good chance that programming instances appropriately will solve any problem here.

Time Lord likes this.
  15. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

The risk vs. reward thing is an admiral goal but it needs a lot of work still.
    Reward wise its still better to kill trivial mobs in mass for money, or to solo for xp, as the xp split in groups quickly dilutes any group benefit.
    Control points were the exception to this but it seems those aren't really worth doing now.
    Basically logging on now its figure out which zone is a good place to solo this week because of all the nerfs/changes. I know my favorite places have all gotten the nerfbat.

Time Lord, ibad2 and Forseti like this.
  16. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I never got used to farming experience points in control points... I do remember once I joined a party on the fly and amassed 40k points, or was it 60k? - I don't recall exactly, but it all happened really fast in only a few rounds of skeletons. I can see how folks miss that...

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Time Lord and ibad2 like this.
  17. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

No trolling. Maybe you haven't done a control point since the latest patch (477/478?).

18. Hermann von Salza

Hermann von Salza Avatar

I rather deal with the grievers, than to know the game is only showing 10 people in current instance.[ /sarc off ] this whole Instance thing is a trojan horse in my opinion. towns and places appear to be too small for the size of avatars in numbers, not to mention the lag... but sure enough have 100 people in one place, you better have top notch machine and net speed and that is not a given to spare one from the lag that will ensue. They have a super long ways to go yet. IMHO

19. Jaden344

Jaden344 Avatar

Today solo

Sanctus spine 4/5
    eastreach gap 5/5 + 2-4 min
    supersition cayon 5/5 + 8 min
    vardas pass 4/5
    vauban pass 4/5
    brightborn pass didnt test

Fister Magee and Time Lord like this.
  20. Fauxpas

Fauxpas Avatar

*gasp*... who would have thought playing games would be a time sink.

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.