Wolf and bear hats

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Charlesscott1103, Sep 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Charlesscott1103

Charlesscott1103 Avatar

Really. Nerf the purchase price again!? From 100-80g then 80g to 64 gold....
    Not to mention to INCREASE the cost of fuels...
    Let me get this straight...your intentions are for us to just sell to the other players and not vendors I take it.
    So what if you spend hours crafting helmets out of the 400+ wolf heads that have stacked up in your bank, guess what your profit for spending all this time is effectively reduced so much that its not even worth it.
    I was happy we finally were able to make a little gold again, but this is just disheartening..whats next? Gonna nerf another income??

Kelsiejt and rexmie like this.
  2. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

If you want to make a profit, yes, that's the intention.

Tahru, Sentinel2, NRaas and 1 other person like this.
  3. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Ok, that's fine. Then take off all the cheap weapons, armor, repair kits, and reagents off the NPC vendors IMMEDIATELY!!! Why are crafters sources of income nerfed when adventurer's is unnerfed with an apology? I guess it's a REAL economy for crafters but not for adventurers?
    Also, it's time to increase the armor/weapon durability damage by double. That would be more realistic in my opinion.

4. Astor Cerberus

Astor Cerberus Avatar

I
    Totally agree about removing cheap viable weapons and armor from the NPC vendors, or at least upping the price. It's a two-way street.

Black Tortoise, Tahru and NRaas like this.
  5. Modu

Modu Avatar

Like it's some big shock that things are changing. It's an MMO which is likely to change at any minute so nothing you have it set in stone. On top of that, this game is not even finished, so you can pretty much assume everything is going to change. Seriously, count on nothing to be the same 6 months from now, or even tomorrow.

Our golden rule of MMOs:

Exploit early, exploit often.

If you find something that works milk it for all it's worth because tomorrow it will probably be gone.

6. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I would like to be a tailor, so I suppose this nerf hurts me. I don't really have a problem with this as a bonus for people who take the time to refine a rare drop. But generally, I don't really think random crafting should make money. Crafting should be a mechanic for pulling resources through the economy. In essence, some high level demand trickles down to everyone.

1) This can be done by NPCs having certain repeatable quests reflecting a scarcity in the economy. This can be implemented any number of ways.

2) The crafting of superior items could have more "second chance" options for inferior goods. So if there are more ways to trade many cloth pants for magically awesome cloth pants, then people will find themselves trying to get 20 or 100 pairs of otherwise useless pants.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  7. rexmie

rexmie Avatar

All the wolf heads came from fighting mobs.
    now the cheap weapons are the only valuable loot.
    Apparently the developers only allow themselves to be rich by exploit the paying players
    Should had listen to all the negative comments on steam before paying for this junk

8. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

☔️ ☔️ ☔️ ☔️ ☔️ ☔️ ☔️

9. Fel

Fel Avatar

your out of your fing mind , i already have to repair a bow every hour and make a new bow every 2 days . thats with level 54 weapon pres. and you want me to have to make a bow daily ? i know you said armour but they would prob throw weapons in there also .

10. Lace

Lace Avatar

I am no master of bow use at all but this may help you on our bow repair.
    "Good Archers" I have heard say (not saying you are not one just saying coming from a valued source of mine)
    Do not have auto attack on as an archer ..Keep in mind using Rapid Fire will eat your bow down fast as heck because of the damage it does .. this may be your issue . maybe back off rapid fire and not use it so much, maybe feedback along with other archers about how much durability this skill is eating from your weapon along with them to maybe get improvements or changes. Also when getting a bow especially one enchanted ask the maker to add item durability to the masterwork or enahantment .. I do this on almost everything I make and sell to help it last longer for my customers .. its not +6 dex +4 str or whatever its +15 or 10 or 5 damage resist and then some backup stats.

I hope this helps you out a bit.

11. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

I would be fine with this being added to the game to help crafters. It's a great idea. I think Chris mentioned in one of the telethons that this was planned to be added.

I see the vendoring not as the main source of income but as a stop gap so that crafters can do crafting as nearly a full time profession. The player market will always pay more but when there are problems with the economy, vendoring will keep things rolling. If I can keep making some money from wolf hats, for example, then I can buy wolf heads from other players as well as other materials. It keeps everything moving, gatherers employed and strap makers working.

12. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

This would be the unintended consequences to some policy action in an economic system. They are destroying the secondary market for wolf heads. Which I think farming wolf heads is a nice alternative to farming skeletons all the time. Having as many alternative ways to produce income as possible in this game will reduce boredom and motivate a larger playerbase. Being able to sell wolf heads also makes skinning a more valuable gathering skill because the market is awash in animal hides so hides don't sell for much.

13. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

I like to do multiple things at once. I wont farm exp just for the exp..or gold just for the gold.

That's why I liked killing wolves. It accomplished 3 things at once. It got me gold, it got me adventure exp and it got me producer exp.

Killing huminoids to sell trash really only gets you gold.

When they add quests to the game, they will be a fun way to both get gold and exp.

monkeysmack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.