Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

DEED ticket

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Lord John Whorfin, Aug 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inkub0

Inkub0 Avatar

If they still want to go on with this farce, this would be the best idea: the price doubles every ticket you buy.

Bluefire and Birne Gilmore like this.
  2. angegardien

angegardien Avatar

not up to me to talk, I'm in a good position with a pledge, but this game is going in the wrong direction, only those who have spent many dollars ,I would say to the Lords of the Portalarium .not what we wanted us players, not an elite game.

Fister Magee, Shade Cido and Bluefire like this.
  3. angegardien

angegardien Avatar

a home for everyone, no homeless.I will have to change jobs, rent homes.

4. Bom

Bom Avatar

So the Lot Deeds from the raffle can be placed on any size lot?
    If you buy multiple raffle tickets can you win multiple lots? Or can each player only win one lot and additional tickets only increase the odds?
    This little guy with a $45 account bought a prime Brittany Fields house from me for gold, animal skins, ore and other things he earned playing in the game. This Avatar is currently taking bids of gold on a Lot Deed. This Avatar is currently selling a Lot Deed for 120k gold. This Avatar is currently selling a Lot Deed for 120 CotOs. This Avatar may be willing to take gold for a Lot Deed. This Avatar had four Lot Deeds for sale on his NPC vendor for gold the last time I checked.
    I'm not sure you understand that the vast majority of raffled deeds, 600, will be POT only deeds that can only be placed in POTs. That means that POTs will get a huge boost in population with the raffle. Maybe you didn't know that?
    This is my main question too. The official Raffle topic is locked, why prevent discussion? I have not seen this answered anywhere, but it's an important question.

@Berek Can a player win multiple deeds per month?

In other words, in theory if someone buys 675 raffle tickets do they have a chance at winning all 675 deeds?

Last edited: Sep 5, 2016
    Spoon and 4EverLost like this.
  5. Selene

Selene Avatar

They will "draw" raffle tickets for lots starting with the biggest (city). So you have the possibility of winning a city lot, but if you don't, then your raffle ticket could still win a town or lower as they go down the tiers.

Yes, multiple raffle tickets means the possibility of winning multiple lots.

Acred and Bom like this.
  6. Bom

Bom Avatar

Do raffle tickets need to be in your character inventory to win? Or can they be stored in the bank?

Acred, x_Selene_x and moko like this.
  7. Malwor

Malwor Avatar

What happened with this raffle? I have 3 tickets in inventory and not sure what to do with them.

Acred likes this.
  8. Stryker Sparhawk

Stryker Sparhawk Avatar

The drawing for those tickets will be at the end of this release and if you have a winning ticket, the lot deed should appear in your bank.

It was also said that they will publish the names of the winners in a list. (I am going to assume forum or in-game character name)

Acred likes this.
  9. manufacturedsoul

manufacturedsoul Avatar

From what I remember hearing the game itself isn't pulling the winners they are putting the names of purchasers into a program like they do in telethon for prizes and have it randomly pull names. Whose to say if someone did buy 100s of tickets that port decides to only put their name in 10 or 20 times instead of 100s. No way to know on our end if that happens. Honestly if it was found someone did buy 100s of tickets that's exactly what I think they should do without saying a word. But that is just my personal opinion.

10. Jon Redbeard

Jon Redbeard Avatar

So, just theorizing here....

Master plan type stuff and all.

Go with the lottery trick.

Let the rich sink all their gold into it for a while....

They will get tons of land.....

Switch raffle rules so that the tickets are free, but winning grants you the right to purchase. Kindof like a royal seal from so and so NPC saying that you are allowed to purchase land, and how much, and what kind, etc....

Economy equalized?

Just theorizing.

Edited, raffle should still be open to all players, but instead of sinking the gold up front, you can sink the gold after winning.

So, bottom line is this.

Raffle goes to everyone, once per cycle, for a selected choice of land.

Winners get a letter with a seal of approval to purchase deed of the type they've won.

It's like applying for rights to purchase a property, appealing with the lord of the land.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2016
  11. Rasp

Rasp Avatar

The odds of the raffle depend on how many tickets are sold. Calculating odds without that number is basically just a wild guess. For each ticket sold, the odds for each individual ticket decrease by a very small amount. The odds of a single player winning at least one deed go up with each ticket purchased despite having incremented the pool size by one. This raffle can, theoretically, be bought. I doubt there is enough gold in single player's/guild's possession at this point to do such a thing, but only Port know for sure. I suspect that the anywhere raffle will be much more susceptible to manipulation due to significantly lower participation but that's just a guess.

This is not a fair system to the unlanded and the offering of free tickets to them in the next raffle is offensive. All it will serve is artificially enlarge the pool and devalue tickets earned through actual gameplay.

12. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

No..the odds don't depend on just the number of tickets sold.

It also depends on the number of lots put up as a prize.

Future raffles may have far less lots put up as prizes.

But fair is an illusion. Life isn't fair. The trick is to make it unfair in your favour.

13. Rasp

Rasp Avatar

It depends on both. But for a given raffle the number of lots is fixed and known - a constant as it were.

I'm all too familiar with this. It's not something I enjoy finding in my leisure activities too - at least not in so blatant a display as this.

*sigh* And yes, I know... "maybe this game isn't for you... blah blah blah" Keep telling this to people and you'll end up wondering where everyone went.

Perhaps I was wrong... https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/how-to-squander-3-million-gold.63684/

14. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Guys... the lottery distributes the deeds in a way that does not benefit the rich.

If it was simply "buy" a deed at x gold from the store, the rich could buy them all up before you got a chance.

If it was buy a deed at only 1 per account, the rich can buy multiple accounts and multiple deeds.

If it was auction a deed, the rich can bid more than you.

With the lottery you at least have a chance to win.

Regardless of the above deed opportunities - if you don't get a deed via any of the above methods, you can always grind gold or resources to buy the deed from another player!

Now in the future there may not be the same values between virtual and real currencies, but right now, ANYONE can get a deed, it takes grinding, but there are people who sell deeds for gold and deeds for resources. But if it took no grinding or time or challenge to come up with the resources to get a deed, the deeds would have no value and the game wouldn't have been funded in it's current form.

I've seen Row Lots sold for 100k gold. 100k gold is a lot, certainly, but it's not impossible to get. And if you can afford 40-50$ to buy a game then you can probably afford the 85$ to get a deed from the store if you don't feel like saving up for it in-game.

15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

What would you propose should have been done that would make it More fair for the little guy?

16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Yes... though the chance would be microscopic.

<timelord>
    [​IMG]
    </timelord>

Lord Andernut, Bom and Kabalyero like this.
  17. Swan

Swan Avatar

Tickets are tradable and stealeable so that is no,
    now what im intrested if i throw one ticket in bank, one in backpack, one inside of public guild house cellar in bag inside of a chest
    can they locate from all those locations ticket in raffle with owner name?

18. Selene

Selene Avatar

Are you sure? On QA I tried vigorously to lose one in a PVP zone.. and it stayed on me with my pledge items. And I couldn't put it in a chest on my lot either.. since it said it can't be traded...

19. Swan

Swan Avatar

that what they stated on telethon or was it next video one, but seems i cannot put in chest maby changed then

20. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.