Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Dev Controlled Deeds - someone help me understand?

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Bluefire, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Ok now.
    It's not like the raffle is a new idea that fell from the sky. It's a Concept that's as least as old as my Account. So if people were taken by surprise by it there is nothing Port or anybody could do about.
    Now, is a raffle a good idea?
    We will have to keep in mind what the raffels Job is. The Job of this System isn't, as a lot of people think, to Hand a deed to everybody. That's a nice side effect. It's Job is it to burn Gold. And it's doing that. Maybe too good...ok not maybe, deffo too good.... But with everything: needs tweaking.
    But it's doing it's Job.

Back to the LOT deed topic @Bluefire
    I of course understand where you are coming from. But you are trying to tear down one of the main pillars in the finanical core Concept of this game.
    Land is limited. And it's limited by deeds at the moment.
    There are only 3 ways to get one. Buy it from the store in a Pack or Solo.
    Buy it ingame for whatever currency.
    Win it.
    In all cases Port keeps Controll how many deeds are ingame.
    I am a PoT owner so i fully understand your pain.
    But just because I don't like the idea it dosen't mean it's not a good idea.

2. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Land is limited, and its limited by land.
    There could be 50,000 deeds available in the shop, or 100,000, but if there's nowhere to place them, there's not really a problem.
    If rich players want to buy all the deeds and hold all the spots and pay all the tax, think of all the money going out of the economy.
    They can't get all the land, because PoT will still reserve land for friend, guild members, who gotta wait to win the lotto (lol) to fill those empty spots.
    It just seems a bit absurd.
    At the very least PoT deeds should be buyable.

3. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I am not going to join a discussion if this is good or bad.
    It just is.
    You may not like it and that's all cool and stuff. But that dosen't change it ;-)
    At the moment Land is what we have almost Infinite.

4EverLost and DancingShade like this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Explain to me how land is infinite when there are only so many towns?
    Now I'm really confused.

I don't particularly dislike it, I just don't understand the reason for it, when every town I go to has a fixed number of slots to put houses.

5. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

The trick is to stop focusing on NPC towns and join a POT community.

They're not bad people and would most likely welcome you if you're personable.
    (and hey, you can still get tax free POT deeds too!)

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Indeed and there may come a point where the Land is the Bottleneck.
    But at the moment we have 100% sold deeds +30% Backup +PoTs.
    And Port always has the posibility to add more Land in Form of prt/npc towns or new PoTs. They are in fact doing so with pretty soon with bucs den.
    But at the moment the amount of deeds is limited to what was sold.

7. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Right but what is the benefit to the game, of having property be unavailable to joining players except via lottery? This has been a frustration/wall for many people who have joined the game recently and don't really want to spend $275 for a house. With no way to obtain them in-game except via this lottery it gives a Pay-to-Win impression. I would think, at the very least, that taxable PoT deeds be purchasable without limit for some fixed amount of gold since PoT owners can control land availability here.

Jocularis likes this.
  8. Earl Atogrim von Draken

But that would make Land unlimited.
    Or it would be on a first comes first serves Basis which would be unfair towards late comers.
    And it would reduce Ports income.
    And it would make all the people angry that bought in for high amounts.

9. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

But land isn't unlimited! There are a fixed number of towns with a fixed number of spots.
    I assume that more areas will open up eventually and people may elect to move to them. But it isn't unlimited.
    The 'best' spots have all been gobbled up by the people who pledged higher, they got first crack at it, which I have no problem with.

I'm still failing to see any benefit to restricting taxable deed purchases since there are only so many places to put them. Particularly PoT deeds which are restrictable by PoT owners.
    The only benefit I can see to restricting them is to force more people to pay cash. And if that's the point, fine, I got no problem with Port making money. But let's at least be honest about that's why this change exists.

Jocularis likes this.
  10. Jocularis

Jocularis Avatar

Exact. The POW are completely empty. I can consider a lottery for the npc towns, but not for the POW. People are buying POW by cash to invite their friends, how I can invite players and friends if I'm restricted to a lottery for this??

11. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Aye, if this is just to coerce more players into spending cash - then so be it. When players walk over seeing open land with no chance for them to acquire a deed either another system will have to be opened or the player base will dwindle. I could not imagine limiting access to one of the best parts of the game as if it was a minor part of the entire game.

Still, I think there is a massive sting in the concept that Lord British would sell his land through a lottery system. Seems like he really is missing and we will have to help undo this injustice in game and help remove homelessness in game by taking down the corrupt powers that have risen in his absence. Once Lord British is found he will no doubt restore order and ensure everyone has a place to build a home - or at least that every piece of land is used.

Jocularis likes this.
  12. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

They want to have some control over the number of used lots in the game and the number of available deeds. Making POT deeds unlimited could reach a situation where there's actually more deeds than land. And then even though these are POTs they are part of the world whether you like it or not. It would also have the impact of any and all land deeds become less and less valuable. Which is important to port as the people who have spent money on these things are a big part of what made the game possible.

I get the frustrations, but that's the way it is. And as I seen it your friends probably have a lot better odds in the POT raffle than you think. The rich resellers aren't interested in those deeds because they already sell for less than they cost in the addon store. And they are raffling off a LOT more POT deeds than regular ones.

Elwyn likes this.
  13. Lord Dreamo

Lord Dreamo Avatar

You watch... A few of these auctions and the in game market will be flooded with POT deeds available for gold.

Elwyn and 4EverLost like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.