Suggestion for PvP Lots/Outlaw Lots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myrcello, Sep 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

My suggestion to create a meaningful unforced incentive to activate Full Loot PvP

Combine our greed for Lots with it.

PvP or Oulaw lots.

If you turn on PvP full Loot you become Tax Free during that time.

If you turn on Fucll Loot PvP always you will get access to Outlaw lots! These are lots you can only purchase with ingame Gold. Not Add on Store.
    Not raffle.

But high risk to get them.

You need a high PvP Status either as a Good Player or Evil Player to unlock bigger Outlaw Lots.

You can't turn off full loot PvP if you decide to get such a Lot.

Talking about creating incentives to play PvP.

High Risk/High Reward.

Done

No carrot -No limitation to Zones. this would be tru Risk/Reward.

Risk: Full Loot
    Reward: Lots, only accessable with Full Loot avtivated, Tax Free Status

"Outlaws do not pay tax"
    "Players hunting them are doing service for the major - so get tax free reward"

That i call : Incentive.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  2. lollie

lollie Avatar

Can't you just move into a Player Owned Town that has pvp turned on?

Seems a lot simpler.

3. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

You really just want to stick to a contested town. Where say every two weeks there's a PvP event and the winning guild gets the town.

4. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

full loot is not needed as long as we have the 2-item+bodypart mechanic ... sure, the prices to pay to get the items back could be get some love/balancing, but the idea is great. Of cause a mechanic for getting the RIGHT to have a special lot place would be cool, but to get this right there could and should be other mechanics like game-system driven tournaments, Shardfall-Charts with daily counter and ladders, king of the hill mechanics, Hunter-and-Hunted games with points over time .... and yes, like @PrimeRib just mentioned even guildwide activities can be used for such mechanics.

Of cause all this can also be connected to other rewards (timed ones or permanent in nature)

5. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

And boring in "my opinion"

6. lollie

lollie Avatar

Grinding is boring too, add it to the list of boring things we do in games.

7. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Grinding can be Fun. Why make it boring?

8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

back on topic. I love the idea. Those that do not wish it do not have to partake in it. This does not effect pve at all and I wonder why people just trash ideas like this without merit. Nice topic friend. [removed disparaging comment (by Berek)]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2016
  9. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

I say no. Tax free has expired. It does not need to be something used as a carrot to get people to pvp. I honestly think that the pvp crowd just need to come to grips that most people just do not want to pvp. No offense Op.

10. lollie

lollie Avatar

Setting aside loads of "special" lots in NPC towns just for the very tiny numbers of full loot pvpers would be a total waste of the very limited NPC town lot space.

Again - just grab a lot in a Player Owned Town that has pvp on, and at least in there you also get a chance for pvp encounters.

11. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

How do you know that it would be tiny numbers?

Please clarify.You seem to have access to Data i would love to dig in.

Tiny compared to what?
    To the thousands and thousands of players currently "not" online playing the Game?

The daily average players?

12. lollie

lollie Avatar

Just looking at the Steam stats -

Players who killed 10 people (pvp) = 0.4% of all people

Players who killed 10 creatures (pve) = 28.7% of all people

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Then divide that tiny group of 0.4% of pvpers even smaller by those who are willing to go full loot pvp, and we'd end up with a lot of unused "special" lots sitting empty and wasting space in NPC towns.

Just grab a lot in a Player Owned Town with pvp on, and enjoy your chance to pvp with the community there. You could take neighbour wars to its ultimate outcome.

13. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

You are using the current PvP System to claim your argument.

Well there i agree.

For me it tells me a different message:

Current PvP is boring.
    That's why you have those numbers.

Not because there is no interest in it.

14. Forseti

Forseti Avatar

The PvP crowd came to grips with the direction of the game and packed up their wallets and left. By and large, a mechanic like this would bring a HUGE crowd back to the game, the type of crowd it needs in a baaad way right now. THIS IS A GENIUS IDEA.

15. lollie

lollie Avatar

The real problem is the combat...have to say I find it a little clunky and not open to easy mobility, which makes it even less attractive to use for pvp. It's terrible enough in pve.

I think that's the beast to be slaying, not requesting "special" housing lots.

16. Forseti

Forseti Avatar

I really can't believe how good this idea is. It kills two birds with one stone, and could single handedly make amends with the large crowd that the game has alienated, the large crowd that is SO vocal in their negative opinions of the game.

Maeryck and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  17. Sea Hunter

Sea Hunter Avatar

So what you are saying is, let's reward those who pvp, with tax free lot's? Not gonna happen. I am all for coming up with good ideas for pvp. This just does not happen to be one of them. The tax free lot's are something that Port has used in the rewards for backers. Giving that to everyone totally defeats the purpose. Come up with an idea that does not use other people's items to make carrot for a small crowd of people. And yes it does hurt the pve folks, heck it hurts everyone for that matter, by doing this you have devalued the tax free lot's.

Elwyn, Dariog, Pikegirl and 4 others like this.
  18. Forseti

Forseti Avatar

The real, real problem is the current player base and the sota rejects. Port can fix the game mechanics. What they can't fix is a large amount of people that don't want to come play as serfs in an oppressive world. People would have never imagined in their wildest dreams how feudal this game turned out.

Now let's hear how unfair it is, that everyone should not have access to a great feature of the game, because it is not to be shared with people who can't part with that much money. You earned that tax free lot, no way some peons should have access without paying money. We want to have access to it by actually playing the game? That sounds nuts! Playing the game in essentially hard mode, at that. I say that is a good way to earn property.

19. lollie

lollie Avatar

It has been done this way to fund the game that non-payers also get to enjoy freely. People who bought big pledges helped make this game a reality - without the pledge buyers this game would not be here.

You're welcome :)

Elwyn, Maeryck, Dariog and 6 others like this.
  20. Forseti

Forseti Avatar

You are 100% correct. That's why this is so ironic. I don't think the system as it is will sustain itself though, not for a serious length anyway. So in order for the game to stay here some kind of change like this has to be made. The player base to backer ratio is atrocious. A change like this would bring them back, and then some. Probably anyone who would ever pledge that much has already done so, that target audience is spent. They need to please the gamers that left now, and change the APPEAL. Port needs to think long and hard about that word right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.