Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Slime spawning immediatly after being killed

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by Alexander, Sep 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

This was never an issue in past releases, but with the addition of slime in the Etceter crag mines, and also in the sliver mine area in the Hilt, they are making it extremely difficult, if not impossible to mine anything. Once you kill them, they spawn immediately, therefore, all your time and resources are spent in perpetually killing them, over and over again. If I attempt to mine just one ore after killing a slime, it immediately comes back and interrupts my mining. Part of the reason why they come back so quickly is because they carry no loot in them. Usually, when I kill any other creature that has something in them, I will just leave it alone until I'm finished in that area, whether mining, gathering, or tree chopping. Can't do this with the slime. I propose that either there is a sufficient delay between spawns ( 1 or 2 minutes would be sufficient ) or have them drop something, even if its just one slimy ectoplasm or something. As it is now, this is an incredible annoyance which just has me leaving the area altogether and finding a mining spot that doesn't have this issue.

Zader and Roycestein Kaelstrom like this.
  2. MIdnightvalkyrie

MIdnightvalkyrie Avatar

I just assumed that it was part of the slime mechanic. Kind of like a hydra - chop off one head, and two more will spawn.

3. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Yes, they do split, but that isn't what I'm really talking about. Once you kill the last 'small' slime, after they split several times, the one large one immediately respawns.l

4. MIdnightvalkyrie

MIdnightvalkyrie Avatar

Ah okay, got it - I haven't had that experience yet, sorry I misunderstood.

5. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

Just to point out that in the Etceter crag mine, I now spend most of my time on the third level and prefer to deal with the dozen or so ghost down there. At least, once I kill them stay dead for 5 or so minutes, which gives me enough time to mine the immediate area before dealing with more ghosts. Can't do this with the slimes on the first and second level.

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  6. Net

Net Avatar

Can we kill slimes with magic now? Or is that still broken and they split even when you do not physical damage?

7. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

hmm, I think the high respawn is intended with a focus on group play, but yes, at least 1-2 mins should be applied to the respawn rate. But, they are only at lvl 2 and the respawn of ores is so high that you should never have to leave lvl 1 if alone. I think the "they don't respawn if you don't loot them" is to be handled as a bug. Hope they change this mechanic soon so that also the ghosts and other undead respawn even if not looted (may be they come back the same rate as the archers and thugs).

8. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

The reason it seems to spawn so quickly is the timer on the original slime starts after it dies...even though you are fighting the sub-slimes. By the time the whole battle is finally over...it time for slime round 2.

9. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The one in Hilt Fortress has spawn rate set to be extremely fast as intended as a counter balance to fast respawn rate for silver nodes.

Alexander and Birne Gilmore like this.
  10. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

japp, there could be another more satisfying solution to this ^^. may be the counter is low, but only when the last slime is slain (or at least a while longer after Mr. Big Slime). best would be if it respawns at least after being able to gather at least 4-5 nods and regging ^^ (Still in need for a fight, but not feeling like David vs Goliath without a sling :p )

11. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I was thinking along the same lines. The counter should really start after the last one is killed. As it is now, if you solo, it is nearly impossible to get one node harvested without another slime re-spawning. I've tried using my summoned earth elemental
    to keep it busy, but of course, just as with pets now, they are very weak and it dies quickly.

Birne Gilmore likes this.
  12. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I'm pretty certain that it was like this for some time now, especially for ghosts. Could be that the timer is broken for ghosts with loot still on them. I know that with any other creature, the body (with loot still on them) eventually disappears after a period of time.

Birne Gilmore likes this.
  13. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

japp, seems so. It's the same with some other undead creatures. Hope that get's a fix quickly.

Alexander likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.