PvP Zones

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by airroncam, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inevitability

Inevitability Avatar

EXACTLY!! There are plenty of other 4-5 skull NON PVP areas that are GREAT for harvesting hell even better then shardfalls...

airroncam and Duke Avery like this.
  2. airroncam

airroncam Avatar

And now the forum admins moved this into the PvP section that is buried and will be discovered by no one else.

3. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I think IMO they want to bury the pvp and not look back. We are degenerates in the eyes of the community dont you know lol

4. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Yeah - I don't understand why PVP doesn't get a prime time spot in the forums... I guess maybe it needs to be asked during a hangout or maybe the R34 Postmortum if PVP can get a spot on the front page. It's a major draw to the game and now that LB is talking about factions and things are happening with PVP, it's probably a perfect time to start marketing/advertising PVP with a good show of support.

5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

all I can say is good luck! I have been stonewalled at every turn, thank (your deity) that I am stubborn as hell lol. There are cracks forming in the damn finally :)

6. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

It's gotta be a timing thing... look how fast this thread got to eight pages deep and it's largely been a very constructive thread. Lots of misconceptions tackled, awareness about the new forced multiplayer scenes, etc... maybe before the game just wasn't ready for it. Things are starting to take form... there's talk about a story quest that takes players through a PVP scene, LB and his awesome tweets about factions, Chris and Starr and their comments on things... I get the feeling that wheels are turning behind the scenes for PVP more now than anytime before.

I mean come on... there's been talk about a some PVP towns and Darkstarr even confirmed that the PRTs would be getting uncloned, including the PVP PRTs! That's pretty huge as I see it. If they're going to commit resources to PVP towns, there's something definitely going on with PVP.... and I've got high ground in Coral Cove! Ha!

7. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

oh I agree and all is good that things are finally moving along! I might have chewed my fingernails down to a stump on both hands waiting for this because like it or not I have advocated this stuff for over 2 years lol. I think I have gone slightly (more) insane because of the cone of silence the devs cast. I see them talking about housing and crafting for years, and I post a lot, but they never, ever, ever, reply to my ideas. Ever! Now that its coming around I am like a kid in a candy shop, but wait, I am an old man in a nursing home realizing his dreams are coming true, just a decade later....

Duke Avery likes this.
  8. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Well I was one of the 1st 2000 backers on kickstarter, and when I backed it one of the statements about PvP zones was that "There would be Higher level zones that had the higher end resources that would be PvP hence risk vs reward as Duke is talking about."

Why you need PvE in a PvP zone, simple, its not a PVP only zone, nomore than Uo felucca was a PvP only zone. Atm basicly thats what weve got but if more were added with more high end PvE then youd have more risk vs reward gameplay
    where those who wish to take part can, think the later Uo champ spawns to try and get people back into felucca. Its all good, as it means your catering to a larger group of players and not just making the whole game too ********.

You should be prepared for PvP, your going into a PvP zone, you might not be any good at it but then most of us wernt/arnt until we do it repeatedly and learn how to combat others playstyles.

I really never understand this whole Pve Pvp divide, as it seems always in mmo`s thatt 90% of players are Pve only fans, whereas you take the most popular other game genres and most popular are the PvP games
    ie Cod, BF, Fighting games, Sports sims, Racing games, its all PvP when you play multiplayer in those . Hell even chess is PvP ;)

But your right, there arnt enough PvPers in there as theres not much incentive to go in there and just hangout killing the same generic mobs for crap loot, hence why people are asking for more in them, also your right as
    one of the main PvP activities that people are looking for is the PK murdering & looting, and without something for people to go to these zones for then there wont be targets for PKs to kill.

Wouldnt it be more fun if they had something akin to control points in some (dont make em all the same) that large groups of players could get together to go and do, then youd find that just cus your in a PvP zone that not
    everyone would be there to kill you, thered also be other players there to do the control points, kinda like Uo did after the problems that trammel brought, they put in the champ spawns in fel to get some activity back
    there and bring some PvPvE fun back into the game like it once used to have.

9. airroncam

airroncam Avatar

Personally I would be fine with lower penalties for dying in PvP zones if it meant there would be more action.

10. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Atm, there is no real penalitie, ransom are only around 150 - 500 gold.

11. airroncam

airroncam Avatar

Ive seen up to 2700

StevieD likes this.
  12. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

They must be balancing the ransom numbers... I've seen 250 all the way up to 9k in the last few weeks. And not a clue on how ransoms are determined.

airroncam likes this.
  13. Inevitability

Inevitability Avatar

Only reason why it exceeds 1k gold is because the stack of reg or resource it took is high thats the only reason if you loose your chest piece alone its like 500-1000 but then if u loose a stack of 100 regs thats going to be like an additional 5k

14. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

To be honest the ransom issue is a big deterrent for me I'm primarily a crafter type and completely put off by PvP simply because I can barely afford regs/fuels as it is. It an economic issue - simply can't afford to risk going to do it. Hopefully once the economic concerns are addressed this will be less of a deterrent, I know others I've spoken to have admitted the same problem. I've got to grind for 3-4 hours to make 9000 gold in profit (mostly cause i'll spend 80% of all my income on reagent restock). I think the ransom is needed, there has to be some reward for killing people, but making dying in PvP punitive is certainly not helping to encourage people to go try it, especially when going up against seasoned PvP types who far outlevel/outgear the average player.

Belgtor likes this.
  15. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

False, numbers don't lie when they are not broken.

I am sorry if the PVP population feels others are against them, but the only thing I read that others are against are restricting zones to PVP only and then adding benefits you can not get elsewhere else. It does not Work. I would hope they take a fresh look at PVP as a whole with the other ideas players have made in this thread.

16. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Right... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

because everybody loves pine wood

[​IMG]

17. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Dang now if you post one with resin from a tier 1 your argument is proven. Glad you spent the time to hit F11 and ease all my concerns.

But this conversation should be more about how to make PVP fun and mesh well with the PVE, story line and the game. Not about making areas were people have to PVP and taking scenes away from the large majority of this games backers. I don't want another felluca, I want something better.

Browncoat Jayson likes this.
  18. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

You should revisit the OP - the whole point of this conversation is that the PVP zones are supposed to have better resources in them... before you continue on this campaign of misinformation, try harvesting in a PVP zone... there is NOTHING there that's exclusive. You're not missing out on anything if all you want to do is grind. The biggest, and perhaps only advantage right now to harvesting in a PVP zone is fun. PVP makes the grind fun.

Note: Serpent's Spine Foothills is a 4skull PVE zone

[​IMG]

19. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

With how many people that PVP but don't wear the PVP tag because they don't want to PVP all the time. They really need to focus on fixing that instead of making areas you can go to when you want to PVP. They should incorperate other ideas.

I would like to see the PRT's able to be claimed by Guilds/Factions. The PRT would be completely safe to all but when an opposing force comes to take the town, the none PVP people have time to lock their houses and leave town. Whoever controls it at the end wins the town and it returns to being safe for all with benefits to the controlling group and negatives to opposing forces. This would allow for PVP in game, give a Purpose to PRT's and allow for guild PVE players to not get involved in the fighting, unless the choose to. The entire population could be a part of factions and no one is excluded. The PVP'ers can PVP and the PVE's can RP there Guild/Faction. PVP players can be a part of factions and wear the tag always.

Ideas outside of restricted areas that bring PVP into a player driven story line would be great. If it is just another area I go to when I am bored and want to PVP, just doesn't do it anymore.

20. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

How in the same sentence can you say they are suppose to have rewards that are greater, then say look they don't have rewards that are greater. Yes anyone can harvest anywhere and get anything. There is a reward for doing that in PVP areas that will restrict people from entering those scenes. Lift the restrictions, make them tier 6 areas for all player advancement and fix the PVP system so people want to PVP.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.