It's a sad day for me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vooch, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vooch

Vooch Avatar

I've grown tired of having to pay 10,500 gold per week to pay my rent.

I made 344 gold today.

I wish I can hang out with you all, but I don't even see a reason to bring anyone else here.

Good Luck.

2. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Vooch, you can buy Coto for 1.something k gold each from vendors and pay in that currency instead.

Saves you coins in the long run.

3. Elnoth

Elnoth Avatar

1 row and 1 village taxed?

Tried buying COTO's and using them to pay for rent instead? You could buy 3 COTO's at roughly 4500 gold and pay for that rent at less than half the cost

4. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

I am adventure level 62. I just did 2 runs to a 4-skull scene and came away with about 6,000+ gold between actual gold dropped and weapons that I then sold to a Blacksmith. I play slow. I don't speed grind. Probably took me about ~3-4 hours. I also spent a lot of time skinning, chopping trees and gathering cotton/plants.

If you are lower level than that, you cannot expect to make as much. But at 334 gold in a day, I'd have to ask a) did you log in for 15 minutes only, or b) are you just sitting around socializing? :)

5. Gaelis

Gaelis Avatar

If you have one of these lots in a PoT just ask for saving your Spot and use only one for now, later in game it will be easier to affort two lots maybe. :)

Kaisa, Acred, Themo Lock and 3 others like this.
  6. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I generally make about 500g per hour at level 25 when grinding 2 skull zones. I can make 1000g per hour grinding the mail quest. I will say, in the weeks since R33 dropped, I can navigate between soltown and desolis with my eyes closed. If I didn't have rent free deeds, I'd be doing the same as the OP.

I can't wait for the new quests to make it into the game. In fact, it can't happen soon enough. From the sounds of it, I'll be able to double my weekly haul.

Cally, Tahru, Acred and 1 other person like this.
  7. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

The easy way is to buy a few COTOS and use them instead of gold pieces.

The hard way is to go hunting gold. I cannot believe you are making so few gold coins! Contact me (I am in your friend list already) and I will help you.

8. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

344 gold, that's about how much I make a week. I loot from the bags and sell the junk inside lol. And yeah, I don't play much. The motivation is gone. When quests that punch quests from Ultima VII in the face arrive in SotA, it will be the day I regain motivation for SotA. (Will also probably be the day the grateful dead do a re-union concert in the underworld that is somehow visible in this dimension). But I'm happy to be proven wrong.

9. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

The devs are aware of this; fixes are on the way, as soon as R34. You will be able to get 500 gold per day by consulting the oracle, and if you go on atown crawl and say hi to all the criers, they will give you 100 gp each.
    And quests in the starter areas will be more rewarding.
    I suggest - Either - grab a few COTO's from the addon store, and pay your rent with them for the time being, OR - take a (hopefully) short break and return when the economy is tweaked and stabilized.
    And everything that @Koldar and @Magnus Zarwaddim said is correct. At higher levels (just endure the slow painful stuff at the start) you can grind and earn much more easily. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!

10. High Baron O`Sullivan

High Baron O`Sullivan Avatar

Using you scepter also gives you 15k in credit each month.

Tahru, Krohon, Acred and 1 other person like this.
  11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

[​IMG]

12. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

Hi Vooch,

maybe you should ask your guildmates, too... I bet they can arrange something and either help you earn more money or lower your costs.

Tahru, Krohon, Acred and 1 other person like this.
  13. Gemini

Gemini Avatar

Hi Vooch,

I feel your pain too. I spent a couple of hours today wandering around Brittany Alleys and enjoying looking at the items for sale and general creativity of the community even if it means today I made '0' gold, for me any play at the moment has to come with a simple caveat, this was a very early release and is not the finished game at any level. The devs last week made clear their concerns about player poverty and are addressing it in the next release which will be here in no time as well as focusing now on adding story depth which will make everything more meaningful.

The problem of player pverty is real but f you genuinely just made 344g I would be very happy to run you through a couple of stances and show you how to up that to 1k-2k+ in under an hour so it is less frustrating, just PM me in-game.

Keep the faith.

14. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

For pure decorating freedom, I'd recommend Rift. Dimensions are the pinnacle of building a home...and an entire space to live in, AFAIK.

Serously, where else can you build not just your house from individual pieces any way you want, but craft them as well.

Blows EQ2 out of the water, IMO.

The guild I belong to is playing BDO and some of us have picked up Rift again for the new expansion.

I'm so tired of games like SotA with their empty sandbox promises. I'd rather play a themepark that's fun and promotes social elements than a game that is a chore and promotes elitism.

I hate to think I spent all this money for nothing so hopefully Port will pull their heads out of...well, you know where...otherwise I've wasted a ton of cash.

15. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

Hey, you move away from the OP in a most striking way. Not fair, that. Please start your own threat about this subject, on the appropriate forum.

We are talking about rent and other SotA related stuff, a comparative review with BDO and financial lamentation surely deserve their own threats.

16. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

Well that sucks. I get it though. If I didn't have a tax free property I would be gone too. I can handle paying for all sorts of things in this game, but the threat of loosing your virtual home unless you grind for gold or pay real money is not something I would find fun in any way, consequently I would be gone too. This is coming from a Duke level account as well. Honestly, if I had to pick the absolute worst thing about this game this would be it: the threat of eviction if you don't pay up.

17. Nox Haven

Nox Haven Avatar

Huh?

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

You have to read the posts I quoted from. I am complaining about they going too far away from the original's post subject.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

Hehe, last night I was able to triple my income rate by equipping a pine longbow instead of the stoopid starter bow--I was wondering 'Why the heck is it taking so many arrows to kill these skellies?'. I attribute it to age... Anyway, the OP might need to take a look at his current equipment, perhaps an upgrade would enhance his productivity.

Cheers,
    Cornfellow

20. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Wow. That is alot of money for rent. That seems a bit high. But i dont know what lot size that is or whatever.....but dont give up. Try getting others to share your lot with you and the costs. There are always people out there needing/wanting a place to live. Offer your spot to someone who is willing to share space with you and help. Also like some have said...hit up some friends and have them help you in scenes if that is a problem. I mean this is supposed to be a social game for the most part....so if they are friends then they should come a runnin to help you out. And yes....do those quests....town quests and mail delivery...they pay pretty good. Some are simple some arent but its a way to make more money than you are. Its an investment i quess one could say.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.