It's a sad day for me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vooch, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

I recommend wow because 0 challenge
    Good luck

Seriously tho 344 gold for 1 day... dont know how to react to this troll statement, I made more my first 10 minutes in game including creating character..

2. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

So you are up to find leaving players and "re direct" them to other games? Why? Will be better asking them "can I have your stuff?" perhaps.

I am not buying your logic, @Myrcello Your strong point is likely convey emotions, like in your excellent video, not structured explanations.

It's OK with me if you are mad at SotA, it's just a game and not a perfect one. But I read the forums expecting comments related to the game. This game, SotA, not another; with over a million games released, 10700 of them on Steam, the expectation of exclusivity of this forums is not just a fancy, it's a need.

3. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

Apparently you ARE speed grinding if those numbers are true :)

Krohon and Time Lord like this.
  4. AceBenSuited

AceBenSuited Avatar

I don't understand these numbers other than trollage. I made twice that in the tutorial screen just after making my character (only about 30m). That tax rate is assuming you have two lots. So if you have two houses but don't make enough to pay the mortgage the end result is to quit your job? I call shenanigans or you are just a filthy casual.

5. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

I can sympathize.
    I don't have rent tax to pay but there'd be absolutely no way I could afford it with what I can rake in an hour after reagent costs. And I wouldn't call myself a casual player. Before the economic fix, I actually *lost* money going out to fight things. I'm breaking even now, but anything extra I get just goes into crafting fuels. I have no idea how I'd manage to save up the hundreds of thousands that deeds are going for much less pay tax on it.

Kaisa, Krohon and Time Lord like this.
  6. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Once upon a time it was said housing would be a privilege if you can't afford it don't buy it (I see that you haven't kudos)

Advice works good in real life as well

Womby, Krohon, Pikegirl and 2 others like this.
  7. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Not necessarily directed at you @Koldar, but in general:

This is how it should be for lower level characters. You have to work your way up the ladder. People should not expect to start the game as money-making, mob-stomping beasts. And some people may build wrong and gimp themselves a bit. Everyone will be different.

The thing is, if you are new, and have decided to plop down some land, you are essentially hurting yourself if it is NOT a tax free lot. It is a heavy tax burden for a new player. I actually believe Portalarium missed an opportunity to see this problem for new players that have taxed lots. The amount of money required cannot be made by a new character. And this is partly Portalarium's fault for creating the "land rush", but the player who is new and does this to themselves (gets a taxed lot early) has to take some responsibility. It's like taking out a credit card and not having the funds to support using it, or even worse, taking out a mortgage and not being able to pay it. I know that this runs counter to the "land rush" system - that is, that if you don't get something now there will be nothing later. But haven't they said there is (or will be) enough land to support players?

And then there is the further (exacerbating) problem of location, location, location. Not every lot with a vendor will make money, depending on where it is located. So, picture a new player who gets a taxed lot in a corner of a small, rarely visited town. This is just asking for trouble. There are many possible solutions, but I think it is a real problem that Portalarium should look at. Lotteries are not the solution.

8. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

This is the "problem" with a sandbox classless game. You literally can do anything. The problem is, doing it all right now will only lead to disappointment. It is better to specialize, get good at it, make your money, then spend it. I think most people are just trying to do too much and are falling flat. Without people to support leveling up several crafting trees you are going to fail miserably, as it SHOULD be hard to just max out one of the crafting trees.

9. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Wait, what scepter is this that you speak of? :) Probably a particular tier pledge reward?

10. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Lord pledge gives you the scepter

Time Lord and Mitara like this.
  11. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I can run into the Serpent Spine Foothills and make 344 gold (including junk items' value) in less than a few minutes. That's about 4 kills of the fighters in there since their weapons sell for about 60-80 gold each and they usually drop between 15-25 gold.

Are you low level or something? Can you do 4 skull areas yet? If you can, then hit the Serpent Spine Foothills (just north of central Brittany) and you'll be good. Use the gold you get from the enemies and their items there to buy COTOs from other players for about 1000-1500 gold each. Then use those COTOs to pay for your rent. I can easily pull at least 6k per hour in the Serpent Spine Foothills just running back and forth between the two bandit camps up to maybe 10k per hour depending on if I'm ignoring the harvesting nodes or not.

Make sure you're selling the weapons to a blacksmith that pays at full rate. You can find one of these blacksmiths in Central Brittany, Owl's Head, Etceter, or Ardoris that I know of.

12. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

I fully appreciate taking personal responsibility. However, if you have a bunch of broke low level chars, who aren't having fun, how long will they stay to experience the high levels? My concerns are for the longevity of the game. If I am netting less that 1000g a day, I highly doubt I'll be active. I doubt I'm the only one who will be effected in that way. And having a low server population will not have a positive outcome for those who remain.

What's the point of playing a game if I'm spend more time working than playing? I do that enough irl. When I play a game, I want to have fun. Which is a bug right now, as I understand. I haven't found that bug, yet. I remain hopeful. I'm looking forward to some of the upcoming changes. They won't be much, but it should allow me to enjoy more parts of the game over time.

Duffy, Cally, Acred and 3 others like this.
  13. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Don't bother he ran into an obstacle then quit but not before whining on the forums which seems to be the thing to do now

Much like I am doing now I realise this :p

14. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Why should someone own two lots/deeds/homes and complain about being broke?

I have a similar complaint. My servants failed to clean my Ocean front Beach Condo in the Keys before we arrived from our Estate in the Hamptons. This is obscene.

I'm angry now! Taking my toys and going home, screw you guys!

15. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

On a related note. We have a relatively small guild in Momento Mori. We have two members, relatively low level but they love the game. They didn't want to spend a lot of money on the game. They have been busy grinding away a few hours a day leveling and earning gold by looting and selling drops.

A week ago they mentioned wanting a house. I was fortunate to both own a POT and several POT village deeds. I too love the game and have some extra play money. So I told them give me someo COTO and/or gold. I will give you these lots.

Within a week they both earned enough gold grinding a bit to not only buy the deeds from me, but to easily pay their taxes.

They are very happy having earned their lots. One even gave back the house and wanted to build his own.

This type of activity is what makes Shroud an incredible And unique experience.

Not everyone will enjoy this game. We have plenty of AFK grinding, flashy bright graphics, easy mindless combat, meaningless home ownership, WoW copies, Pay to Win MMOs for the other gamers.

Thwip, Astor Cerberus, Anvar and 9 others like this.
  16. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

What I love about this, is the fact that he has yet to reply once on this forum, which he has started, to explain anything at all. Also, the fact that he apparently decided against asking guild mates or friends "why come I no has gold", and instead just came here, ranted about how he's not 1-shotting things, owning too much non tax free property, and that he's leaving. Just saying.

17. Ponral

Ponral Avatar

Wow, 6k in just two runs through a 4 skull area. I was barely able to rack up 1k in 1.5 hours only one run. Of course I am only level 42 and can only carry 189. Keeping the taxable row house in the bank for now.

18. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

what is the Keys? :)

Solazur and Time Lord like this.
  19. Gix

Gix Avatar

After that WoW comment and suggesting that farming in SotA is anything remotely like a challenge, who's calling who a troll, I wonder?

docdoom77 and Time Lord like this.
  20. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Brave Sir Robin: once you level up, you'll be able to make plenty of gold. Hang in there. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.