Discussion regarding the new economy balancing

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mercster, Sep 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

2. mercster

mercster Avatar

Probably a familiar sinking feeling 90% of backers have, except they'd never say it out loud and continue to play in isolated groups. It's probably fun if you know people with lots of gold to fund the lack-luster grinding that serves as the story-driven sandbox that was hinted at (promised? who knows, DLMB). I'm basically wait-and-see as well; can't really force myself to play. I put down my lot in Brittany Fields...?

DepGames and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  3. Jon B

Jon B Avatar

This guy calls it as he sees it . I agree!

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  4. Jon B

Jon B Avatar

I have an idea to help the economy, cap the amount of points you can have in creating to limit everyone crafting everything making crafting obsolete.

5. stidesx

stidesx Avatar

I agree, I think a skill cap on the crafting side only, makes a lot of sense. If you want to be able to craft all the things, the. You are going to have to buy resources. That's how it was in UO

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  6. Laurana

Laurana Avatar

They just need to make the recipes level gated and take away the easy mode skill level from salvaging. A skill cap on just crafting isn't going to float for those of us that enjoy it any more then a skill cap on adventuring skills will float for those that enjoy being able to use everything. If someone wants to put that much time and experience into learning crafting then they should be able to use it. Salvage skill gain and higher skill for recipes will fix the biggest issues. I personally think the rest of the issue will sort itself out as we get more people. I've seen a lot of people saying they only craft because they can't find what they want on a vendor, and with more people that problem sorts itself out.

Sent from my SM-S902L using Tapatalk

7. Cambion

Cambion Avatar

Sadly not sure you will solve any issues here , because gold is really not hard to come by the issue is players who do not want to play or conform.
    Rent should be paid as a measure of other elements as everyone wants an abode , through actions / reputation quests / money paid in tax supporting the local economy or a subscription.

Gold should really just be used for character improvement and skill improvements , that way people who just want a glorified chat room can have an abode without too much worry those who actually engage and play the game get rewarded.

So Gold is not the answer standing /reputation is and this should be earned through actions. And used to pay for the basics anyone who still cant be bothered pay a subscription.

Rampage202 likes this.
  8. mass

mass Avatar

Tried this last night with my giant stack of wolf heads :). Only issue is that I can't find any vendors who will give me full price. They only pay me 64 (still not bad though). What kind of vendor pays 80?

9. Jon B

Jon B Avatar

Poachers

mass likes this.
  10. mercster

mercster Avatar

Poached eggs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.