It's a sad day for me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vooch, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

The wow poke was in as bad taste as the op

Don't quite understand what you mean by the challenge bit.

Kaisa and Time Lord like this.
  2. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

FWIW, I find Skull 1 areas the best for making cash, and these are all around starting areas. I smell trolls.

OT: Can the troll head be crafted with? :D

Krohon and Time Lord like this.
  3. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Any game like this that you play requires that you level up your character, which takes time. I think some people (not you in particular) have this need for immediate gratification. I get that, I do. However, in a game like this you have to plan out your "life" in the game. I am not ready to take on dragons. I will one day, a long way off. That is a goal I set for myself. Right now I am training to get to a higher level, where I can take on more challenging content. The lower level you are, the more you should be attacking things your level. But, I get it, the rewards are not there yet for lower level players.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Gix

Gix Avatar

Bad taste? The guy's tired of collecting gold just to pay his rent. You suggested that he plays WoW because you believe that he felt like farming gold in SotA was too challenging.

Why do I have to spell out what YOU wrote?

Doesn't make it more fun nor does it mean that it's anything worth doing.

Time Lord likes this.
  5. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Yes, I should have mentioned. I have like a 300+ carry weight (60+ on strength and heavy lifter). I also drop a carry obsidian pot, bringing me up to about 393. Certainly, I learned early on to level up strength and heavy lifter specifically so that later on I could carry more loot. Try doing that for a bit, it will be grindy, but after you attain a higher level there you will definitely see the benefits.

And if you use reagents, since you will be travelling more to town, just carry less (what you think you need), this way you shave off 10 lbs. or so (if you carry a lot). Also, dump all your mats that you are not using in the bank. You have to be resourceful when thinking about bag space.

Acred, Krohon and Time Lord like this.
  6. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Because YOU got lost on the way.

He hasn't been farming gold if he could come up with 344 gold after a day he's been drooling on his keyboard for all I know

Sandbox, if it's not worth doing it don't do it.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Vooch

Vooch Avatar

I will be logging in this week to return items that people lent me:
    - greenhouse
    - wooden chest
    - commission-free vendor

After those items are returned, I will return sometime in the future. Some observations to help the dev:
    - I lost 50,000 gold on public vendors because my 5,000 gold items were worth 1 gold after 7 days. This is ridiculously broken.
    - In order to make better gear, i couldn’t go into the silver and gold ore mines alone any longer. I do recommend that the dev add gold to the random encounters.
    - Mining sucks sometimes (standing around with nothing to do sometimes).
    - I’m looking forward to not having to spend 100 hours doing questing. The questing looks so boring.
    - I kill a couple things and then I’ve gotta repair 6 items. Oh wait, I need ore again to make those repair kits.
    - One day I’m hitting a control point, doing great. The next day it’s 10x harder and everyone dies constantly. I’ll come back later when things settle down.
    - I’ve had access to 3 vendors. I’m lucky if I sell one thing a day.
    - I know I am not the only one with this frustration and unhappiness.
    - I refuse to continue paying rent with a game in this broken state.

8. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

[​IMG]

Hazard, Budner, Krohon and 1 other person like this.
  9. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

180 changes is not a broken game it's a game in development
    You're clearly looking for a complete game so I suggest you check back at release :)

Womby, Lord Baldrith, Kaisa and 5 others like this.
  10. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

That's great you're returning things back to people. Now, did you read any of the comments at all? How many plots/houses do you have? Why are you relying on the public vendor to make the money? Everyone here talking about making gold has not mentioned or referred to making it via public/private vendors. Just go grind like everyone else, sell halberds, spend a little gold for a repair kit instead of crafting them (for now), level up/train skills. Additionally, where are these 3 vendors you've had access to located and are you selling your stuff at a reasonable price and not Owl's Head prices? And why not use the CotO method for paying rent? Either save up, buy some CotO's with gold, or just use $$ to buy them, since they are effectively 1 for 1.

11. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Even at a low level I could make far more gold then people here are saying. By lvl 40 I could easily make 5K an hour farming 4 skull humanoids.

But many of us may forget that this game can be hard for new people who have not played an MMO.

To make gold, you need to kill humanoid critters. Things like elves, undead and cultists. They drop gold (10-20 per in 4 skulls) as well as items to sell at npc vendors like bows, swords, wands and even halbards (big bucks).

What you cant go around killing is animals. Animals are more for crafting items (unless you sell them but the market isnt good since everyone can do that). Animals dont drop gold.

I make different kinds of framing runs:

Im always out farming exp so any area works for this.

a) Some times I go out and farm woods areas to get good mats from wood and cotten (ok exp and ok crafting but terrible gold)
    b) Some times I go into primary humanoid areas (great exp, great gold, terrible crafting)
    c) Some times I go into a mine and farm ore (bad exp, great crafting, terrible gold).

If all I did was a and c all the time, I would be poor.

12. Gix

Gix Avatar

No one said anything about farming.

Sandbox; if the guy wants to play doll house, let him.

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

He is very much allowed to do that
    I am not stopping him nor are taxes it's his resolve that's lacking
    Or something completely different.
    Many players are just playing doll house and I'm not trying to stop any of them.

Time Lord likes this.
  14. mass

mass Avatar

I thought you could make lots of gold by nearly fighting the Dragon of Angnor, nearly standing up to the Vicious Chicken of Bristol, and personally wetting yourself at the Battle of Badon Hill ;)

Budner, EtherBunny and Time Lord like this.
  15. Gix

Gix Avatar

You're not trying to stop them but you will call them a troll. Hence my original comment.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

Yeah... I had clear reasoning for that though didn't I?

Housing was announced as a privilege that would be costly if u didn't have a tax free deed and for some reason a guy making 400 gold in a day should somehow be entitled to 2 lots? Give me a castle irl please oh and tax free ofc I can't be asked to pay that much....

There has been tons of info on the subject not my fault he didn't care to read up before putting down his cash

Elwyn, Time Lord, EtherBunny and 2 others like this.
  17. Ponral

Ponral Avatar

My going hunting weight is 22-25, with about 10 of each reagent for what I need, oh yeah and leather. As for STR and Heavy lifter, already on board for that, but after I stalled out and called to my GM for a consult I have shifted some skills building to get out of the stall.

A detail that many of the more advanced players of this, especially the ones more invested in the game, is that some of the mechanics are cryptic. I figured out combat decks and combos fairly recently(big step up in the game) and only just got some of the mechanics of how experience/skillups works(still working on this). Someone mentioned focus, hard to do when you are not sure where to start.

Time Lord and Krohon like this.
  18. Selene

Selene Avatar

I've found gold nodes in several 1-3 skull areas, and found silver and gold in one of the random encounters (I don't seem to get them that often). So they've gone back and added these in small amounts to outdoor zones.

19. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

You want it easier! Just that. Ask your friends for help, or accept the offers you receive, to lighten the burden.

Time Lord likes this.
  20. agra

agra Avatar

Keyword: small.
    Enchanting: One attempt requires 20 gold ore (5 gold bars). No scraps recipe for ingots.
    Masterworking: One attempt requires 20 silver ore (5 silver bars). No scraps recipe for ingots.

Hundreds of attempts are required, per player, with a producer/crafting XP pool size in the hundreds of thousands, just to get a single one of those skills to 75.

Yeah. :eek::confused: One or two scattered random nodes per zone isn't going to cut it. And the best part? Even at 200 skill, your chances still suck and you're still guaranteed to lose items. Wooo. Hold me back.

Aldo, Time Lord and Krohon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.