Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Auto Attack failing to work

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by Swan, Sep 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Swan

Swan Avatar

1. Title: Auto Attack failing to work
    2. Reproduction Rate: 90%
    3. Blocker? no
    4. Details: character just standing still and playing getting hit animation, doesnt auto attack. i believe problem may lay in animations [same problem also on manual attack, cannot attack while getting hitted]
    5. Steps to Reproduce: auto attack enabled. getting hit by multiple enemies from multiple directions simultaneously, wearing 2-handed great axe. (didnt test other weapons) also wearing on hit 5% self heal (diamond enchantment) on chest piece,

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  2. Tazar

Tazar Avatar

@Swan - After you enter war-mode, try hitting the "T" key to enable auto-attack. "T" toggles it on and off. (It makes no sense to me, but that's how it's currently designed).

3. Swan

Swan Avatar

i know and have war mode on, try going against 4-5 minions sametime and see how auto-attack stops working

edit, i also edited chest piece to reproduce, could also be reason

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  4. Inevitability

Inevitability Avatar

Had same issue my guy kept spinning around and not really auto attacking one monster

5. Swan

Swan Avatar

Also noticed trying to do charged or normal attack (clicking mouse) on similiar condition
    has exact same problem, cannot attack.

6. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We are not seeing this issue internally. We appear to be able to attack fine in both free attack and auto-attack while being surrounded by mobs attacking us. Have you checked your weapon's durability? Could it be broken? This shouldn't affect your ability to attack, but it does make me curious.

7. Swan

Swan Avatar

I tryed new weapon too that was not cause.
    seems i can reproduce this everytime with big slime that divide to smaller ones.
    also checked combat log not a single auto-attack was made after i was surrounded 3 or more slimes

8. agra

agra Avatar

I always have to move to get auto attack to work properly. If I stand still, it never works properly.
    Very noticeable with a dagger, less so with a 2h weapon. Might be related to weapon reach? Not sure. But I have to re-position constantly to get auto attack to work even close to reliably, as of build 480.

Hermetic likes this.
  9. Swan

Swan Avatar

after more testing.. i found reason!! :)
    its the chest piece i was wearing with "on hit 5%:Heal Self"
    i tryed my founder chest piece and could auto-attack normally.

10. Hermetic

Hermetic Avatar

I have found this to be the case with some creatures that seem by default(when the fighting gets started) just out of reach of the avatar's attacks but can still attack the avatar themselves. I find I have to always keep nudging myself forward. I use a longsword as primary weapon with dagger in off-hand.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.