It's a sad day for me

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vooch, Sep 13, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selene

Selene Avatar

That's why I bake pies and wait for brewing. ;)

Time Lord, Krohon, agra and 1 other person like this.
  2. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

Let me translate:

The comment did not gush over SotA so it is off topic. However, any off topic comments supporting SotA are A-OK.

3. Magnus Zarwaddim

Magnus Zarwaddim Avatar

Sounds like you are on the right track.

Focus (and any passive) will be harder to level as you pass lvl 40 or 60. And yes, when you figure out how to use the deck system, the game opens up a bit more. Nice to get 4 of the same skill in a row and just burn mobs down. :)

Time Lord and Krohon like this.
  4. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

He has some nice crafted stuff to work with. Folks get understandably frustrated with some of the unbalanced or unfinished aspects of the game.

Just gotta remmeber that its a known issue thats being worked on, and that the game is not complete yet. Some folks take these threads as an opportunity to compare SotA to long-completed products, and will continue to claim this game is no longer in testing, when the fact is that it is indeed still in testing, and unfinished. The development team says it is incomplete, so any opinion otherwise is untrue.

Vooch is frustrated like many people are with the taxes. And he is venting his frustrations like many others have. But the devs are aware of it and are working on it.

5. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Your carry weight will make a huge difference in how much you get per run. Your leveling of skills will too of course. Currently I can carry just over 300 pounds of gear without any encumbrance. So definitely get to that carry capacity skill under tactics as soon as possible if you don't already have it. Leveling it is certainly worth it. I believe I'm somewhere around level 60 with it. I generally carry about 100 pounds of gear, reagents, and a few other consumables when I'm "empty" of loot. I build up to about -45% movement speed and then make my way to the blacksmith to sell.

If you're running light armor, make sure to get Sprint. You also should try to get Dash from the Air tree if you don't have it yet. Both will stack with each other plus your base sprint from double tapping W. You can put both of these on your non-combat bars to get around the scene much more quickly and therefore increase your farming speed.

6. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

Theres alot more node sin miens and dungeons.

and i think masterworking/enchanting is intended to be the endgame craftables

Time Lord and Krohon like this.
  7. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Agree with everything you have to say, just partially agree with the @The Vooch part. Yes, he's frustrated, but it seems he's more frustrated with his inability to earn gold than he is with paying taxes.

All he's doing is complaining and not even asking others for opinions or anything that he should maybe do in order to make more gold to pay for taxes. Also, went back to page 3 to re-read what he posted. How is he fighting a couple of things and having to repair 6 items? As far as I know, the worst thing that is going on is the degradation of weapons/off-hand, not your armor. Yes, it does take durability damage, but no where close to what weapons do. So, I don't think he's being factually accurate. Also, it sounds like he's wasting his time: "Mining sucks sometimes (standing around with nothing to do sometimes)." Just me personally, but the only time I'm standing around with nothing to do, is if I'm taking a smoke break or helping wife with something around the house, that's about it. Or, if I stop to watch whatever is on TV at the moment. But while actively playing, I don't generally just stand around staring at a rock waiting for ore to respawn. "I’ve had access to 3 vendors. I’m lucky if I sell one thing a day" - Stop using vendors if they aren't working for you @The Vooch.

Sorry, I understand why people get upset, but I get upset when those same people don't try to fix or work around whatever upsets them (if there is a way around whatever it is, i.e. making gold or something else similar). It's like if you are walking down a road, there's a wall in front of you, but only there (meaning you can walk around it), but you're too damn lazy to take a few steps to the left or right and keep on walking. Also, as @EMPstrike has said: This game is still in testing and has not officially launched.

Elwyn, Aldo, Acred and 7 others like this.
  8. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

@The Vooch - I feel ya, if I didn't have a tax free deed I wouldn't be bothered with this game either.

Time Lord, Vagabond_Sam and DepGames like this.
  9. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Why? If paying taxes on a lot would turn you off of the game, why not just stop using a house period? o_O I played for months before I even was able to place my house (guild PoT, had to wait for a space). So I was just using the bank, and you know what that did to me? Made me more conscious of the crap that I kept so I wasn't hoarding every single thing. If I didn't need it, or wasn't going to use it any time soon or ever, I sold it. But why should that make or break the game for you? Did you back/support this game on the premise of tax free deeds, or for what the game is/is going to be?

10. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

(If you wanna skip the big block of text below. The point of it is that the average player, playign the build he enjoys, probably takes two hours to grind 10k gold and hates grinding.)

That reminds me of another thing, while some folks dont find it difficult to make 10k in an hour and enjoy grinding money, there are alot of affectign things to consider.

For instance, i've gone the path of light armor and dual wielding, which is what i use to kill things. 1 handed weapons, quick attacks etc. In one of the best places ive found that i can farm gold the way i am set up i generally can pull in anywhere between 900-1200 gold every 15 minuites if i try really hard. In this case, soem would advise me that my "build is wrong" and "get more AoE" etc. Some may say that farming control points is the way to go, and those are very good ideas for getting more money (i use ring of fire with my build when im farmign that 3600-4800 per hour) but the thing about control points is, you have to play "Math Numbers Fun Time Online" to be able to solo those and use specific builds to do it, so its not practical without a group unless you view progression as a competition, which I and alot of others do not.

As far as the average player who gets bored of grinding quickly goes, having to target JUST gold to grind for 2 hours a day to keep 2 of the smallest available lots in the game is understandably frustrating and likely does need to be toned down a bit. (specifically the village lot taxes)

Lucky for me, im not all that interested in owning a house

11. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

I am sorry you are having a tough time as other are also with taxes. The dev's have already stated they know the large majority of players are having a tough time with money. They announced plans in the works to try to fix this situation.
    I would encourage you to hang on until it gets brought into the game. Best of luck and hope to still see you playing.

Acred, Time Lord, Wayfarer and 2 others like this.
  12. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

I'm one of those casual players that doesn't enjoy grinding. Now, I do the grind, and yea...sometimes I like it (mass killing = great stress reliever), and sometimes I don't. When I don't, I either switch to a different play style, or go try something stupid and see if my character lives. I always find something to do. Anyways, I would like to know your build for starters, lol. I did the dual wielding myself, but switched it up atm (pm me your build so we don't derail too much). Now, even on a non-grinding level, I could lazily make about 1500g in an hour, which includes skinning animals, chopping trees (which always attracts more animals), pick plants off the ground, etc. Also, we do guild runs and different things like that, so it takes some of the stress away from having to solo all the time. My main issue with his 2 posts, was that he did not offer anything other than "I don't like paying rent", "I can't make good money", etc. Oh, and he never said how many plots he has to be paying 10,500 in rent. I personally think he needs to re-evaluate his SotA life.

Acred, Time Lord and 4EverLost like this.
  13. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I jsut realised it said 10,500 a week. thats a couple of horus a week, thats nto TOO bad.

I was thinking per day. My bad. Carry on

14. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Maybe a silly question, but how do you use the scepter to reduce the tax....do you have to hold it or does it just have to be in your back pack? I tried doing something with it but Im not so sure if it did something. Also when do you know your month is up

Time Lord likes this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

You can't use it until your rent is due. Click the 'u' key to see when it's due, but it seems you can add credit it and you have to be at the lot. I'm sure it is a system in the works. I just put down my taxed lot, but some observations so far and anyone correct me if I'm wrong about any part of it ;)

Time Lord and Cassandra Corax like this.
  16. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

100% agree with Vooch - there's nothing at this game but bare bones grinding really. Some people aren't into that. I only knew vooch for a week, yet i know he sees where a huge chunk of game time is at right now : a ton of repetitive and strangely similar foraging to feed masterworking that no one can afford at what it should TRULY sell for. and all the quests i see and Vooch probably sees, is a bunch of a to b then maybe oooooohhh! C ! So, yes : don't get burned out - take a break and come back when they have some new things in place. Thanks for all the support this week :) and I trust I will be seeing you again soon enough.

THE HENDOMAN

17. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

at this point, there should be no taxes. that should be implemented when the game launches. or even after THAT. right now, because the options are limited to make tax money, the hours you put in are boring as can be - i mean, worse than having to run around everywhere in Neverwinter nights. you burn out by the time you are able to make 4k an hour.

Time Lord, Josh Randall and docdoom77 like this.
  18. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

I just love how diverse the Sota Community is... in the other thread they are discussing about not having a lot and owning one... here it's the reverse, having a lot but not having gold to pay tax... keeps the forum interesting to read... ^_^

19. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Thank you for your reply Majoria. I myself find it kind of scary to leave ones rent payment to the last minute. That is just me it's a bit like leaving the car running to the last bit of fuel till looking for the next petrol station. So for me I will keep it toped up well before its due

Acred, Time Lord, x_Selene_x and 3 others like this.
  20. Krohon

Krohon Avatar

Then raise it to 300! j/k

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.