Good morning, what will you do today?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Tahru, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

[in character]
    I have been so busy these past few weeks making chairs and like for outlanders that I have lost track of my own needs. In that time, my skills in polearms have grown significantly just in the process of gathering the wood and iron required. At first I would try to figure out what to put in the storefront and take the chance crafting it. Slowly things started to sell and I would replace items as well as add more selection. The fuel costs continued to drain my wallet dry as the store grew, but there was some satisfaction from knowing my efforts would come to make others happy.

As the business grew, I was able to build a proper storefront with sample goods for everyone to try out before purchasing. And then I could finally afford to make a proper tent to keep it all safe from the weather.

Good fortunes came my way, as large orders were requested. This filled my days and nights gathering all the materials and crafting each item with care.

Tomorrow is a great new day! Will I be busy again restocking or with another advance order, or will it be a day of great exploration across Novia's beautiful landscape or a tall adventure in the many unknown passages deep in the earth?

What will your day be like? Do you need a guillotine by chance?

2. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

another long day of choppin trees slaying thugs an fighters to fill client orders and buy some nice things for myself.

3. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

I would like to make some epic platemail armor today, but I can't seem to find any of the recipes in owls head.

Any idea where I might find said parchments?

4. lollie

lollie Avatar

I can direct you to a nice library that can teach you the recipes you need - library parchments :)

5. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I will partake in the wonders and markets of the Verdantis and Longfall regions of Novia.

After my tour, I may return home and perhaps continue my light armor training against the ruffians in the forests surrounding my estate.

Or perhaps another wayward soul will purchase some of my goods, and I will have need to heat up the smelter and try my hand at a new outfit.

Or perhaps I will rouse a clan-mate and delve into some dangerous region, in search of fame and glory.

What will tomorrow hold... :)

6. MIdnightvalkyrie

MIdnightvalkyrie Avatar

I've actually been up for a while. After a long evening full of hard work yesterday I found myself bunking down in Etceter last night, and thus when I woke up this morning I was greeted by a beautiful sunrise off the Etceter shore. I made my way out of town and headed in the direction of Ardoris, continued on through Eastreach Gap and through Grunwald to Brittany (taking the long way home), where I caught the boat to Hidden Vale.

A brief stop in Owl's Head to buy buckets of water and a very slow walk to Kingsport and I was ready to water my cotton which is coming along nicely. I think this will be a good crop!

While in Owl's Head I browsed the public vendor and noticed some interesting swords for sale with enchantments I didn't know existed. I bought one there and will make an effort today to visit some vendors in less populated towns to spend some of my hardwon gold there, since I've heard crafters are having a rather tough time lately selling their goods - and since I have some extra gold to spend, I thought I'd try to put something back in the economy.

I think I'll also try visiting the Kiln Cistern today. It's been on my list of things to do, and today feels like a good day for a new adventure!

Although sooner or later I expect I'll find myself back in some forest out there, clearing it of bandits and wolves and whatever else I can find.

I wish everyone a splendid day!

7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I will be practicing dodging things and doing mental exercises to hone my intelligence. Apparently I am too clumsy and stupid to survive interesting adventures and that needs to change :)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  8. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

I be writing my next Quest,

and looking for random threads to post in.

Bandits will die, many trees chopped

Wands will be made, yet destroyed due to greed

The fittest shall survive

Or the lucky, whichever comes last.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2016
  9. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

I will try to do my real life work but will get distracted by forum-posts asking how I will spend my day... later I will go shopping and call it a day...

10. Ihuma

Ihuma Avatar

Planning to spend hours mindlessly mining only to be distracted by... SQUIRREL!!

11. fyrhuf

fyrhuf Avatar

i will continue to search the local town bulletin for (RL) jobs so that i may further fund my (rent/food/internet connection) adventures. i have enough coin to purchase ingredients for a fine rice and vegetable curry stew which should provide enough sustenance for more late night adventuring into the South Brightbane Woods. I find this is a great area for gaining experience and skills.

12. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

I have nearly finished setting up my new shop. I have just a few more things to finalise and it will be officially open for business.

13. Albus

Albus Avatar

What forest made stand upon the Grunvald I shall not find as I dessicate beneath a blighting sun, seeking... Yet finding little in this weathered barrens save a dark brethren suffering the same withering as I in this accursed place, their quest alien. A shadow, briefest respite from burning rays hints at a greater and consuming heat as its winged form dances over the sands, a familiar sigil come to life while its caster reigns aloof upon the skies, elusive.

fyrhuf, NRaas, Pikegirl and 5 others like this.
  14. Church

Church Avatar

counting briks on ravensmore's lich room

15. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

I shall deprive the undead of respite,
    to their graves I will venture and fight

Their ilk may plead and make plight,
    to no avail for neither lich nor wight

I will pit my magic against their might,
    destroying any undead either left or right

Thus concludes my adventure of the night,
    till the morrow sun shines ever bright

fyrhuf, Albus, NRaas and 7 others like this.
  16. Razimus

Razimus Avatar

17. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

I am finishing the exhibits for Dara Brae's Nature Reserve Grand opening this Saturday (17) at noon (central time).

18. Audacity

Audacity Avatar

I spent the evening yesterday having fun and jumping off of high places with good friends. Blink is so awesome, I'm super glad I put in the work to learn it.

Today I really need to focus on getting back out there and practicing my spellcraft so I can gain experience and improve. I'm very close to becoming a grand master at one of my healing techniques.

I've decided to admit that I do not have the talent for crafting so I need to track down a good tailor and perhaps pop by and see @Tahru. I hear the new guillotine selections are out. I think that would be a great addition to my basement (which is totally not sinister and perfectly safe).

19. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

20. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I will, as everyday, hunt for my food! :D Muhahahaha

Twang! Thump! Groan and slump!

Moans the pray, so juicy and plump!

For ingredients they say,

Will price high they pay,

For a meaty cut of this Rump!

Ravicus Domdred Cir. 2014

Thread Status: