Virtue values

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathon.Doran, Sep 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

For some reason my Love values have taken quite a beating. I have no idea what I've done / am doing that is causing this. All I seem to be doing is grinding / farming. Then one day I look at see that I'm at -140 or so.

I wish the Oracle would offer me some constructive advice, rather than "you seem to suck".

Frankly I'm clueless who I am supposed to be loving. I kill bandits, I kill undead, I kill crocs, I harvest nodes. I sell stuff and stuff some things in the bank. I might not be going out of my to help, but I'm not aware of anyone around me who needs me.

Now I understand that this sort of stuff generally needs to be kept from us, but there is a point where we need some help. I wanted to air this frustration, so that the devs can consider if this experience is intended.

PS: I taught ethics, and I don't think I am ethically challenged.

Acred, Time Lord and Tahru like this.
  2. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

if you see a beggar, give him some coin... that will help increase it... I think... ^_^

Acred, smack and Time Lord like this.
  3. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

I think the game is missing a lot of mechanics. That could be a good thing...e.g. maybe there's a place you can murder and steal like crazy and no one cares.

Acred, Time Lord and Kabalyero like this.
  4. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Still don't know if the Oracle is anything more than an insane cat lady with control issues. Having a negative virtue score might not be the indicator people make it out to be.

Acred, Audacity and Time Lord like this.
  5. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

I give coins to the beggers. The Oracle notes that I give away small meaningless amounts of coin.

Acred, smack and Time Lord like this.
  6. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

Go to Soltown and Ardoris and do all the quests there. When given the opportunity, be Loving instead of Truthful. That should help catapult it to positive values.
    Curious how you managed to reduce Love though. Did it have something to do with quests?

Acred and Time Lord like this.
  7. AceBenSuited

AceBenSuited Avatar

Your grinding might be the issue. If you attach an animal first or the fauns... you don't show love. Bears and wolves need to attack you before you hit them. If they run, you should leave them be.

8. Jonathon.Doran

Jonathon.Doran Avatar

Hmm. You make a good point. I'm not a loving person when I'm hunting. Well I have enough deer meat for a while. I wonder if that applies to bandits or undead. ???

Now if they run away in a fight, I should let them be. I assume that is what you meant. Would a DOT violate that? I have seen a number of wolves run and then die to the DOT.

And thanks for the suggestions Glantor. I think that I've done all of the Soltown quests, but none of the Ardoris quests.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.