Let Us Commiserate Together, Friends

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Thexedor Markhamm, Sep 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am impressed that master working has such a failure rate on already expensive gear/weapons which destroys the valuable goods. As much as I hate having it happen to me, it really does add a lot of value to get an awesome gear setup. Further, this separates the craters from the players t0o cheap to buy crafted goods. Master crafting with enough skill to keep the risk down and benefits high can only be achieved by a craftsmen.

Leelu likes this.
  2. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Yay, it worked! Not really the properties I wanted but still pretty good.

[​IMG]

3. Gemini

Gemini Avatar

I think you have misunderstood the purpose of this thread which is fails, and this cannot really be counted as such!

My personal crafting experience has only used rage as a criteria and applied no science whatsoever to the results. I was starting to think that the 98% referred to Failure, not Success and that the randomizer had been coded by a Korean.

Thanks to @Lao Tzu I see now that all is as it should be and I am just super unlucky and impatient and now thanks to RNG98, poor, anyway off to see if perhaps the next mob has a shoddy bow...

4. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Sorry. I was just so surprised that I didn't destroy it in the first enchantment attempt (not to mention the second attempt) that I posted here due to over-exuberance.

Gemini likes this.
  5. AndiZ275

AndiZ275 Avatar

my brother is the enchanter in my team, but he stopped doing it after destroying 4 out of 5 plate armors with over 80% chance. Multiple wasting hours of ressource grind drove him away from the game and I stopped masterworking, enchanting, too until the percentage numbers are fixed and crafting gets more fun and rewarding and less painful grind (which just isn't worth the frustration over 95% fails)...

6. mass

mass Avatar

I always get the relevant scrap on failure. Though, it's not much solace after losing the item.

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I've actually posted my real statistics on several large BS and master-crafting ties showing how bad "Portalarium Math" really is. Dont trust any statistic you see on that crafting table.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.