Looking to settle in the Hidden Vale? Please consider the PRT...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maeryck, Aug 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tericks1

tericks1 Avatar

I just moved to Littlecreek from Umber Heath. It was getting kinda lonely being the only resident in Umber Heath. I like the trees in Littlecreek. The towns are both laid out identically, just that one has trees and the other does not.

Thanks for all the tips.

Leelu, Josh Randall, Maeryck and 5 others like this.
  2. Blake Blackstone

Blake Blackstone Avatar

Bravo! This is how to play SotA. I hope you and your new neighbors turn Greenfall into a cultural and economic hub!

3. reuge

reuge Avatar

Hi all,

I stay in little creek too. I like to be near the entrance so I kinda try to live without the town centre. I set up crafting supplies on my vendor and a crafting area. So I do not have to run to the NPC for anything. Kind of work for me. Loving it at my little creek town.

Leelu, K1000, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  4. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Littlecreek is awesome I think.

Nice landmark next to it, and with @rednought support shud be a great place to live in!

Leelu, K1000, Time Lord and 1 other person like this.
  5. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

Well look at that....an exact duplicate of Goti.

I know, I know....Soon™

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  6. Baliverne

Baliverne Avatar

If you like Littlecreek, you could visit Shady Copse , It s the same village.... I live hère and its à Nice place too...;)

Leelu, K1000, Time Lord and 1 other person like this.
  7. MIdnightvalkyrie

MIdnightvalkyrie Avatar

Oh my, there are people being happy with the homes they found. Quick, say something sarcastic!

*sends rainbows and unicorns to trample DepGames"

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  8. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

I just did. Try and keep up.

Leelu, majoria70 and Time Lord like this.
  9. Wuulfebear

Wuulfebear Avatar

I'm a little lost on properties.. I've just invested in a row house (I have a bought own house, tax free plot deed and a 5 story basement)

in the property manager it says I've got 119 days for my claim. I've got no idea what that means. On top of that, if i've got a tax free plot and bought row house, why is there a claim timer on it?

Time Lord, Leelu and majoria70 like this.
  10. Nick

Nick Avatar

The 119 days simply means if you did not log in for the next 120 days, your lot will be unclaimed and everything goes back to the bank.
    Every time you log in, the timer resets to 120 days. Tax free simply means that you need not pay taxes. It doesn't prevent your lot to be unclaimed after the stated timing.

Hope that helps.

Nick.

Time Lord, Leelu and majoria70 like this.
  11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

It can be very confusing and expensive getting settled in housing in this game. I have been here since 2013 living in Wizards Rest. This was one of the very first towns purchased in the game. I don't think it's a big risk to live in a player owned town.

There is in game incentive being built into the game so town owners want to keep their towns fuller due to larger blessings, but some don't worry and just enjoy the town and the players who chose to live in their towns.

You can move around and there is no risk of losing your items. They just go back into your bank even if you did get evicted which why in the world would you ;). Mostly this would not happen, but if it ever did, move to a nicer town.

So no one needs to have this sound like it is dangerous where-ever they go.

If it doesn't work out in a town for some reason, like you don't end up liking the location, the theme, or the owner is a jerk, (which I have never seen that at all, mostly everyone I've met in this game and also town owners are really nice and caring of others), or you are moving to your guild town, it is no big deal. People should be free to test out the waters. I never want anyone to feel pressured on guilty to stay in our town.

Most Player Owned towns offer some type of free-rooms to help other players. I know Wizards Rest does.

Also Player Owned Towns can offer amenities which are unique to each town. We have a pvp arena basement and public gardens will be another thing for example of what can be offered once the dev team gets public gardens working that is ;).

Anyway nothing against a PRT and like I said it is totally ok to test the waters and try living in POTs or PRTs or NPC towns. It is all good and each person is free to explore their options and do what works best for them, even if that is trying different options out ;). For me I am Majoria in the game. *cheers*

12. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We should do a spotlight on Wizards Rest @majoria70!

Time Lord, majoria70, K1000 and 5 others like this.
  13. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

ALthough the PRTs are nice....for most if you do not have a place anywhere deed then you are out of luck. Most people are having to go to POTs since those are the only deeds they are able to acquire right now. So unless they put place anywhere deeds back on the market as in Add on store then the PRTs will stay reasonably empty. If not empty all together. I always wanted to live in Kingswood. Love the layout of it....but I am quite happy in Knight's Watch

Hornpipe and Time Lord like this.
  14. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

Darkstarr posted in the Spring Telethon QA that only half of the players who own lots have placed so I still think the PRT's will fill up post "release".

Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Which is not a bad way to make the whole world more useful. At first I was a bit sad about the auctions and stuff because the only way to get an extra deed in early days of the game was to purchase it from the add on store and so for my birthday one year I bought a village deed for 200 or so real cash and at that time is was ok and more valuable to me to help the town, but with such high taxes I don't like it that much now. It is an anywhere deed which keeps a little value of it still there.

Time Lord, Leelu and Belladonna Rose like this.
  16. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Hubby got me a village deed for my birthday as well this year...POT deed though. But like i said i am loving the town I am in and my neighbors. We are a close group and cant wait to have more folks move in and join us. We have fun for sure. I still have the pot row house deed that was given to me a few months back and I will not part with it. I get sentimental about such things.

Time Lord, majoria70 and Leelu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.