Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Perpetual interrupt of Magic Glyphs

Discussion in 'Release 33 Bug Forum' started by Vaclav, Sep 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

Player Bug Report Template
    1. Title: Perpetual interrupt of Magic Glyphs
    2. Reproduction Rate: seems to happen when managing fights of 2 or more NPC when magic casting is periodically being interrupted, does not happen every-time but often
    3. Blocker? yes, can be deadly and causes me to rest instance to fix it
    4. Details: when I am in a situation that causes interruption of magic casting by being hit sometimes the glyphs for magic become instant interrupted when cast, even when not being hit, even after the fight, even after leaving combat and reentering combat the magic glyphs are not castable and are instant interrupted, only fix I am able to do for this is to leave the zone and reset

Oba Evesor likes this.
  2. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

@Attenwood, getting this too. Deep Ravens. Everything but insta-cast spells are interrupted immediately. Whether enemies are present or not.
    As of Patch 479 still exists.

3. Attenwood

Attenwood Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Does this happen in every scene? Which spells specifically is this observed occurring with? Against which mobs?

Thank you.

Albus and Oba Evesor like this.
  4. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

@Attenwood
    Only noticed it in Deep, when in a party.
    I can circle the place going clockwise, as soon as i get to my party member killing bears it starts, and persists until I reload scene.
    But its happened a few times like that, not just once.
    All spells that have a cast time are interrupted. Heals, Air, Fire, Death, doesn't seem to matter. I can cast touch spells and any insta-cast stuff like Discharge.

5. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

has happened in north and deep ravens and in greymark forests, also in north majestic and brisach maple, the magic it affects is all magic that is not instant cast, at the time I was using magic arrows from fire, earth and water schools

Last edited: Sep 7, 2016
  6. Albus

Albus Avatar

I've had this happen as well, once it triggers then any non-instant cast glyph (spell or mundane) is interrupted, in or out of combat, until I leave the zone. I think it was in North Grunwald Barrens that I noticed this. I did not post a bug as although it has happened a few times now, but not commonly enough for me to have found a way to replicate it or guess at what triggers it. I'm not sure whether it was always in party but at least sometimes it was. I'll keep an eye out for patterns if/when I see it again, but it's been pretty rare so far.

7. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Are the noncombat glyphs also uncasteable once this happens? This has happened to me, while fighting. Also, I think I found I could trigger the effect while weapons drawn and running into water... I'll see what I can reproduce this evening.. but I think it's the same bug, and this needs to be fixed asap. Once triggered, even noncombat glyphs cannot be activated, same as combat. I was able to get things back to normal by repeatedly sheathing my weapons, and choosing different decks form the deck menu. But a scene reset fixes it as well.

Anyway, this is my experience so far.. I'll try to find a reproducible case this eve.. it has been happening since a few patches ago, and I haven't been able to put my finger on it.. yet.

8. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

This bug I posted here is not because of grayed out glyphs, from entering water, that is something different...
    it the bug above, the skills are toggleble, they are not grayed, but they instantly are interrupted, eg the cast bar actually says interrupted instantly upon casing the skill

Fister Magee likes this.
  9. Attenwood

Since this was reported, is it still occurring? We have yet to discover a reproducible case for this when testing internally.

10. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

yes it still happens
    most recent case was in Nightshade Pass 2 days ago, while fighting the Troll
    for further clarification:
    seems to happen when a normal interrupt occurs
    the interrupt becomes perma and can not clear it without leaving zone

11. Attenwood

Out of curiosity. What is your current state for your game setting "Prevent Movement while casting"? Is it checked? Unchecked?

12. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

I have this issue as well. The only fix for me was to relog. I made sure that I wasn't moving when I cast the spell.

I'm still trying to figure out what caused it, though.

13. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

unchecked
    but understand this is not happening all the time :) so do not think it would be related to "Prevent Movement while casting"
    working on uploading a video of it

14. Attenwood

We're still trying to hunt for a solid reproduction of what causes this. If it's a specific type of interruption for a specific spell being cast.

15. Attenwood

Narrowing down the conditions would help, if we can't get closer. I'm working to find a way to show this to our tech team. Another opportunity would be if at the moment the issue occurs, you take note of the exact moment in time it started to happen, in which scene, and report it to us and we could try to look into our logs to understand what's happening on your side. :)

16. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

loading a video to youtube of the time this happened in Nightsahde

17. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

18. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

This happened tonight at the owl tourney as well, but not to me. Its happened to me a few times before, still cant figure out the cause.

Alley Oop likes this.
  19. Vaclav

Vaclav Avatar

Any progress on this? seriously slowing things down

it is triggered when one is interrupted normally, and when that happens, sometimes the interrupted becomes persistent even after fight and out of combat, seems to happen mostly when fighting more than one enemy

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    Fister Magee likes this.
  20. Julyn

Julyn Developer Emeritus

Just followed up with submitting this. Thank you for letting us know you're still experiencing this.

Cheers,
    Julyn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.