The Truth, the whole Truth and nothing but the TRUTH (Virtue Discussion)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Glantor Edge, Sep 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Are we sure about this? Because I just checked my stats the other day and my Courage was 0 (and I've killed LOTS of fauns - primarily while mining).

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

I was taking all the armor pieces in tenebris harbor, so #2 :).

Time Lord likes this.
  3. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

Killing the Satyr Archer or Fighter increases your Courage. Killing the faun decreases your courage. So I guess you've somehow managed to balance yourself out lol. Either that, or you are experiencing a bug similar to another guild mate of mine, who insists killing fauns doesn't reduce his Courage at all. It only applied to him though, as everyone else experienced a drop. Looks like he isn't alone anymore.

Time Lord and Alexander like this.
  4. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

LOL okay guess I should take note of that as well. Strange, since the armour pieces are within the NPC house so it shouldn't have an impact (unlike lifting stuff off the open market like cheese and meats).

Time Lord likes this.
  5. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Hmmmm I will test this out tonight and see. Interesting.

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Glantor Edge

Glantor Edge Avatar

I just noticed you are also an Archer, similar to him. He did mention that perhaps he killed the Faun too quickly (1 hit), thus before they had a chance to plead for their lives, they were dead so Truth wasn't affected.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

That's good to know and it could be possible. I'll have to report back here with my findings :)

Time Lord likes this.
  8. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I often wonder about environmental impacts that have been hinted at, where the NPCs would be reacting to the reputation which precedes player. It just leads me to wonder if down the line will flowers grow in some player's footsteps while others leave dead grass or smoky trail of footprints behind them o_O...
    ~Time Lord~:D

Spoon likes this.
  9. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

I wouldn't even bother trying to figure it out. The entire system is broken.

I let that whiny little brat stay and burn to death in the starter sequence and I've been stealing everything not tied down. Courage is 20 and love and truth are both 0.

Stopped playing about 2 weeks ago so it may be fixed. I highly doubt it though. The store needs new items.

Time Lord likes this.
  10. KnownInGameAsGeorge

KnownInGameAsGeorge Avatar

Ok, that explains the massive stat drop In my truth then. Thank you. I was not aware until I read it here that your name turned blue when correct. I have gotten my own name wrong to every npc I have ever spoken to.

I am thinking it will be impossible to correct it to all of them, it is every npc I have ever given it to. I wouldnt even know where to start.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. KnownInGameAsGeorge

KnownInGameAsGeorge Avatar

I am thinking....
    As an earthling recently arrived here, do I even care what a giant robot head thinks about me?

I have my own moral and religious views and I dont expect I would lose them simply because I traveled to a magical world.

So the robot spiders think I am giving a false name. Meh, that is on them, not on me.
    Are these robots doing anything about the fauns being held in slavery?
    I think they should get their own world in order before they get all uppity about what I call myself.

Verit and Time Lord like this.
  12. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

I never looked at mine until just now, but apparently I'm very courageous.

VirtueCourage 1285
    VirtueLove 150
    VirtueTruth 150

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Ok thread necro time.

Only giving your proper name when npcs ask raises truth? Anything Else you found works?

I have already completed the truth main quest

14. Aartemis

Aartemis Avatar

I wish I knew something I could do. Like many others I have been dealing with this negative truth for a long long time.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Usual, but not truthful. It is as it is for a reason.

16. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

The funny thing is I just got negative truth after 1 year of avoiding killing fauns, one got in my way while killing a saytr Mage and warrior. My aoe killed them all and the oracle says you have disdain for truth now. Lol. Just my luck.

Thank you for or responding @Aartemis :)

17. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

I get the same thing from the Oracle. Heck I have completed all three quests now and the ORacle quest yet she still tells me that i hold Truth in disdain. I had good standing with all three until slightly after i completed the Truth quest. I thought maybe something i did on this quest triggered something but it was a couple weeks after that it started going wonky. I went on a thieving binge in Tenebris for deco but have done that before....and way before the release where it matters now. I have killed fauns all along throughout my adventures. Matter of survival. Food chain logic. When asked my name by NPCs I always state my name. So honestly have no idea what to do to fix it.
    Last i looked we could not see our Virtue numbers.....they took that out a few releases ago.....havent checked it in a while. Heck i have no idea what my adventure level even is now. LOL.
    I say just go forth and do what you gotta do to survive. Be the Best that you can be in the world and if some clunky mechanincal bot doesnt like it so be it.....answer from your heart and go on

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  18. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I agree, I don't understand the point of having this invisible part of the game. It could add more gameplay depth if people knew what it was and what the triggers were. As it is now, we are supposed to know and nobody knows this about us. It is effectively not there.

19. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

So take this with a grain of salt since we can't see the stats any more.

It used to be when we could see stats that we'd get something from NPC conversation - but I don't think that it necessarily was just the name thing. (...and if we know Lum then he probably changed it after they became hidden just so we wouldn't min max like that...)

BUT for the first couple of months after persistence then Spoon had a negative Truth virtue. Not much though since I think Spoon only took a handful of deco items. So the culprit was most likely those first Soltown quests which give out negative Truth. Fast forward to this spring and suddenly the Oracle said that Spoon had a positive Truth and I hadn't been questing at that time.
    So I thought it through and what I had done was interact with a lot of NPCs (without doing quests) though I had asked them the big five (name, health, job, rumors, help) on top of sometimes introducing myself.
    Which means I know diddly but that I suspect that some combination of the big five and/or introducing yourself is at play.

20. Arkah EMPstrike

Arkah EMPstrike Avatar

I had negative truth for a long time after accidently lying to a guard in resolute (she asked where i came from, i literally JUST came out of highvale, wrong answer >.<). This release, the oracle asked if i was truthful, i said no, she said i was wrong :eek:

Then i got the following message: "I have witnessed the impact of a recent decision you have made. You have taken an interest in the lives of those around you." And later on i also recieved this message "You were honest about who you are."

Aartemis and Duke Gréagóir like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.