1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 33 Post Mortem Q&A (those that got missed)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Yup thanks for this post !!

2. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

I agree and I like this format for getting more questions answered than what can be done during a hangout/telethon. You may also want to include a lightning round during hangouts/telethons with a 15 second time limit.

Gix, smack, Koldar and 1 other person like this.
  3. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

The strange thing about MMO production, it really costs a lot of money. Just imagine, right now, there is a team of about 30 people working. They need a salary, since most of them dont want to work for free. 30xhuge-salary = a lot of money.

Right now, someone calculated that there is a customer base of 1200 people. Thats not enough to pay for 30 people's salary, so the SotA team needs to have other ways of getting that money in. Kickstarter is one way, selling overpriced luxury houses in-game is another.

An alternative could be for players to pay a monthly subscription fee, but that is probably, at this point, not going to be totally popular...

4. Ravenclaw [BEAR]

Ravenclaw [BEAR] Avatar

This could use a bit of love before Ep 01 is officially released. Not only are the nodes not seen but you cannot really see the health bars of the creatures you fight and when in snowy areas it is absolutely horrendous.

This is at night in the Snowy POT Template using Night Vision. I just need to follow the trail in front of me to reach my house.
    [​IMG]

5. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

I completed Kiln Cistern yesterday with a guild mate, we had a blast!!! I was very surprised and can't wait to see more dungeons like this one. Good job Port.

Thanks @DarkStarr for the Q&A!

Last edited: Sep 11, 2016
    Pikegirl, NRaas, StevieD and 2 others like this.
  6. keldonlighthand[BEAR]

keldonlighthand[BEAR] Avatar

@DarkStarr one simple question on loading screen can we move the text/loading box moved so we can see the complete art work behind?

Many thanks

Roycestein Kaelstrom likes this.
  7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Ember
    You can do this already. Although it is a bit tricky.
    First you start with the base
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085&open=
    then you add the name of the item with _ instead of spaces and one extra __digital_ at the end. Now if you don't want to parse that you can right click a store page, then select View Source and search for your item.
    Like lets say I want the elaborate tiara, I search the page and find elaborate_tiara__digital_ which I add to the base.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085&open=elaborate_tiara__digital_
    Likewise searching on Double to get the smoke thingie gets me double_smoke_ring_emote__digital_ which I add to the base.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=9085&open=double_smoke_ring_emote__digital_
    Click those and you'll see the result.

8. Ember

Ember Avatar

Ooh thank you very much for the tip @Spoon! Still would be great if they had a more user-friendly way of linking, but this method will have to do in the meantime. :rolleyes: Thanks again!

Spoon likes this.
  9. Raxhelm

Raxhelm Avatar

Please seriously consider Virtual Reality support in the next Kickstarter for Episode 2 and don't make it a stretch goal (let alone the last stretch goal).

Lord Ravnos likes this.
  10. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

Thank you very much! After the long telethons without actual questions & answers I was really supprised by the number of questions you answered during the Hangout and now even topped this by this thread. Thank you!

You will get more questions for R34. ;)

11. Verit

Verit Avatar

Thank you for posting these answers Darkstarr.

KS for ep.2 was not made clear imo and is very disappointing.
    All this business and real world finance stuff is making it difficult to focus on enjoying the game.

Aquariums will make enjoying the game easier though! )

12. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

Could you please be careful in how this is implemented. I do agree that a penalty needs to be implemented when a player initiates the attack thinking they have the advantage then runs away when they know there going to be beat. I do not believe a resource gatherer going to a PVP scene for the additional reward should be penalized when they escape alive from an 8 party gank squad. That is actually a challenge I enjoy and the 8 man Gank squad should be penalized for failing miserably.

On a side note....
    If we could get a PVP ranking system it would be great. Build up your PVP points, take others points if you win, lose points from cowardly fleeing, etc...

13. TeddyMIT

TeddyMIT Avatar

Alchemy potion recipes what time will be new?
    In fact we all know that player use potion is very few.
    Potions purchase price and the sale price is also extremely unreasonable.
    Whether to appropriately adjust prices and the introduction of new high level potion recipe?

Nhili Dragon and Snazz like this.
  14. Vile Desecrator

Vile Desecrator Avatar

I was thinking that having some mini game while crafting that is extremely difficult and yields extra bonus to your crafted items would be cool , you could have a game for example that is randomizing all elements from the magic wheel in a pattern similar to what the wheel looks like now, and by successfully clicking the randomizing icons to make them stop in place with all the same icons would give you increased bonus for magic type you were able to make it stop on, the amount of time you have to click these icons would be very low, as low as the speed it take to make the item your crafting. just an idea....

15. Elfenwahn

Elfenwahn Avatar

Dear @DarkStarr,
    I agree that optional minigames as requested in the posting above will add some fun to repetitive and long crafting tasks.
    While I understand the time constraint for a finished episode one, I request you to reconsider this option for future episodes.
    As this will be an optional feature everyone can decide for himself if the extra 3% gain is worth the additional task by the minigame.
    I proposed a few suggestions beginning of this year with the most representative example being life is feudal.
    While that posting was born in times where mining times where 4 times as long as today, I would say it is still valid.

Thank you

Last edited: Sep 13, 2016
  16. BiggieD

BiggieD Avatar

Wish something was done with enemy npc tents etc. Little bags of gems, or coin purses etc would be better than just a bedroll, lantern and empty wooden crate. Would make looking into each tent /building worthwhile, rather than it just been there to make up the scenery.

Tiki Pirate likes this.
  17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

And another way to lower your truth score.

18. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

How do we raise the truth score?

19. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Act with Truth.

20. Hakadek

Hakadek Avatar

Just to validate the original answer :) please don't do this...

There never has been a crafting related mini-game that didn't become very tedious very quickly.

If the reward to be gained by playing it is high enough to get people to want to do it then it becomes pretty much essential that you do it regardless of if you enjoy it.

If the reward is truly trivial then the dev time is wasted implementing it as only a tiny minority of people will use it more than a couple of times...

There are many other things that are more deserving of the time than this...

Elwyn likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.