1. All post bodies concerning Shroud of the Avatar player to player transactions or services are limited to this section of the forums. Unwanted solicitation in other sections of the forums or via chat or private message is prohibited, and could result in account restriction or ban. Posting more than once per week within your own thread, "bumping" it to keep it on top, bumping within a week of the first post, and daily replacing a post with a new one is also considered spam and is therefore, prohibited. Bumping is allowed once per week, if the new post contains information that is meaningful to the original thread (i.e. price updates).

Activities that involve real money exchanges between players are not allowed. Account transfers are not supported. Items purchased in the SotA Store, such as Pledge and Bundle Rewards, Add-Ons, Stretch-Goal items, and Player Owned Towns, as well as services that can be immediately fulfilled in-game (such as renting existing in-game property or items) are the only permitted exchanges in the Player Marketplace.

Be sure to include the types of payment accepted in your post [In Game Gold, COTOs/Crowns, or in game item trade]

We will not restrict exchange of goods but we will not officially endorse these exchanges due to liability issues and staffing bandwidth. No in-game or chat based real money exchanges are allowed. Exchanges are at the players own risk and governed by the Terms of Service of whatever third party platform. Catnip Games reserves the right to restrict any activities if they cause widespread issues for our community or if these activities involve exploits of any kind.

Wtb high end chainmail sets

Discussion in 'Buy Items (WTB Gear, Decorations, Crafted Items)' started by Evilgamer, Sep 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

I keep seeing posts that no one buys items ingame.

On the other hand I have built up to close to 300,000 gold and rarely if ever see anyone selling quality chain armor and I've been looking since day1. I've bought +50 worth of close combat weapons almost all of them from the same smith, I'm not above rewarding quality when I see it.

So here it is. I am looking for a smith to make not one but two sets of high end chain mail armor. That means +8 or better. Requires skill in both chain masterworks and enchanting. For in game gold.

One bronze, one meteoric iron.

Both sets prioritizing dex and strength. The bronze +crit/weapon damage. The meteoric +damage resistance and avoidance with earth sockets (at the end to the otherwise complete item is fine. Mostly looking for the affinity). (Given the choice between enhancements in general the bronze should be More offensive, the meteoric more tank, some crossover may be inevitable).

So...message me here or you can find me on discord most us east coast evenings.
    Not neccessarily looking for both immediately. ultimately it may take a lot more gold to do both.
    I'm curious to see what crafter think they are worth. I know what I can buy a +12 sword for, and I paid less than What I've seen +2 boots for to get the +10 Constantain pants I'm wearing.

Spoon likes this.
  2. Thalia

Thalia Avatar

I would gladly help you for USD or Bitcoin. I just have no need for in game gold. "Thalia Ultara" ingame and on discord.

3. icekiss

icekiss Avatar

Hi!
    I read some forum threads today and found your post while doing so.
    I am working on becoming a jewelry, sword and heavy armor blacksmith, so this falls into my area of expertise.
    Since you intend this to be a bit of a conversation starter I thought I'd reply here and be more verbose in my answer :)

Short answer:
    I would be willing to work on some high end copper (not bronze!) chain mail pieces with constantan bindings (+focus) and hardened leather straps (+weapon damage).
    I would use only exceptional pieces (+50 dur), and would enchant them thrice and masterwork them twice. Which should result in something in the range of +8 to +10 (depending on how often I choose big and small enchantments).
    As an example I have calculated out the chest piece, since that will always be the most expensive one:
    It would cost you about 65.000 gold (of course this can vary wildly depending on how good the choices are that I get when enchanting and mastercrafting).

Background information (long answer):
    I am not willing to take a commission for different base item materials (like bronze or meteoric iron). Why?
    High end armor implies that I only work with exceptional pieces. But 75% of all items come out as normal ones. What happens to them?
    Answer: They get lightly enchanted (1 enchant, or 1 enchant and 1 mastercraft), and then sold for a reasonable price on my vendor.
    It does not have to get me all the base item ressource cost back, but it should at least offset it. The rest of the ressource cost is part of what the buyer of the exceptional item pays (you).
    So that ressource cost has to be in reasonable proportion to the benefits it conveys, because you will be far from the only one who will use items made that way.
    Even if I could find enough buyers for items of that unreasonably pricy base material, I do have some integrity as a crafter, and will not fleece my customers so.

What do I mean by unreasonably pricy?
    Lets take that chest piece as an example: Making it from bronze instead of copper will get you an additional 0.32 points of damage resistance (The item will have 4.32 damage resistance instead of 4.0).
    For that benifit, the (estimated) price of the item rises from 65.000 to 125.000 gold. So it almost doubles the price!
    The next most expensive part of the item is the 3. enchant: For me (level 88 enchantment) that has a 42% success rate.
    That enchant alone raises the price of the item from 26.000 to 65.000 gold! :eek:
    But at least for that price increase, you are getting about 3 stat points, or 15 focus! That appears more desirable to me than .32 points of damage resistance, by a lot!
    I still wouldn't do that 3. enchant unless it was a commissioned work, but the difference is that I can make that choice at the END of the crafting process, for that 1 specific item. The base material on the other hand, I have to decide on at the very beginning.

So there you have my explanation on why I specialize in only a single base material of my own choice.
    Do tell me if you are interested in buying chain mail armor made from copper instead of bronze. I have only made chain mail for my own use so far. A commission from you would get me started on crafting it for sale (please note that there would be a good bit of lead time until I have exceptional pieces made for you - I would have to mine a lot of ressources, and craft a lot of pieces, to get enough exceptional ones.)

4. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I'll make some soon but it'll be meteoric.

5. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

I appreciate all those who responded. The Bronze set was (more or less, the boots probably should have been made from an exemplary base item) made. And for a fair price, for that I thank the Mangar guild. I have the vast majority of my gold coin intact for the meteoric set.

Everything can always be better and I won't stop looking for exceptional pieces.

Sara I'll keep an eye on your vendor, since I'm still very much looking for the meteoric set, and I'm very familiar with what you're capable of. If I could figure out how to best handle it (and get...something in return) I would give you my stack of ingots.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.