SoTA Public Vendor Trading Assistant

Discussion in 'Player Created Resources' started by Emeraldsoul, Sep 20, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emeraldsoul

Emeraldsoul Avatar

I created this spreadsheet to track the prices on public vendors and get a general idea of the going prices for resources and basic crafted items. It started out as something just for myself but then I had the crazy idea to post a link here on the forums so others could have a look.

I'm currently only tracking Central Brittany and Owl's Head. I might add more cities later if there is enough interest in it. Let me know what you think. I'm open to ideas to make it more useful.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HrWVOcQIC62uDhYTThavJB8fwIEXDhnUtCr4JWfXoQ0
    Change Log:
    • 10/08/16
    • Added Week 5 prices
    • Added Lich Skull
    • 10/02/16:
    • Added Week 4 prices
    • Added Animal Collar, Haste Potion, Pine Board, Skeleton Bone, Spider Leg, Troll Head, Troll Hip Bone, Troll Rib Cage
    • 09/27/16:
    • Added Week 3 prices
    • Added Focus Potion, Fabric Scrap, Maple Timber, Pine Timber, Venom Sack
    • 09/22/16:
    • Fixed the #DIV/0! error showing up everywhere, Thanks @Bom @LoneStranger
    • 09/18/16:
    • Added week 2 prices, Fixed cell spacing
    • 09/11/16:
    • Basic layout and data collection

Emeraldsoul

Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
  2. Dwalin Bombardin

Dwalin Bombardin Avatar

Emeraldsoul likes this.
  3. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I wouldn't touch the BMC price guide. The spreadsheet is probably, like mine, an attempt at taking the pulse of the market at a particular time.

BMC, on the other hand, is an attempt to control the market. The BMC numbers are not real prices, even if they are used by people to set their prices. And by set prices, I mean not everyone uses the exact numbers. Some people take those numbers and set their prices to a certain percentage above or below. Therefore, the BMC guide itself is not what you want to base the spreadsheet on, otherwise, you're counting the data's influence twice.

4. Bom

Bom Avatar

Is there a way to enter the equations or disregard empty cells so that you don't have the #DIV/0! error showing up everywhere?

Emeraldsoul likes this.
  5. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Code:
    =IF(F20<>"",E20/F20,"")
    You read it as "If F20 is anything other than blank, then this cell is E20 divided by F20, otherwise, make this one blank."

Spoon, Emeraldsoul and Bom like this.
  6. Emeraldsoul

Emeraldsoul Avatar

My spreadsheet kung-fu is not very strong. I looked into it and with @LoneStranger's example have started to fix the #DIV/O! errors.

Thank you for the feedback.

Bom likes this.
  7. Rowell

Rowell Avatar

You could sign up on http://www.SOTAtraders.com, create "stores" in each city that you're tracking, and post the prices there as well. That way, your prices will be aggregated with the other private vendors in the different towns, and help produce a better picture of how the economy is fairing across the land.

Bom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.