Royal Elderberries

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Weins201, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acred

Acred Avatar

That would be an acceptable solution IMHO, @Kara Brae . When I heard that a Guild mate had been banned (this was un-done later) because of Royal Elderberry usage, I wrote a bug report. That was on September 10th and it has had no official reply.

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-elderberry-gives-2-fruits.62134/#post-649601

I hope this post from @Weins201 gets us all a clear answer and a prospect of a solution.

Mazirian, Womby, mbomber and 6 others like this.
  2. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

We should never stomp on the wonders of our game o_O...
    [​IMG]

Banning anyone is a terrible thing to have happen within our game. There was/is no official written way this could happen, yet we also have an experimental wonder element in our game which should be preserved. What's an exploit in such an environment of discovery? A sense of wonder and not fear of experimentation should always be preserved in our game, because it's one of our keystones which our game was built on. I was once banned because they thought I was a robot, and I still may be a robot, they don't really know, but that never stopped anyone from having a good time through discovery.
    ~Time Lord~:)

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

No you actually watered it also please make sure oyu present thow whole facts, if oyu just plany and harverst you are supposed to get only 1 of each.

But also TY so very much for validating the problem you are doubling your seeds and plants I cannot even get my seed back

Acred and Time Lord like this.
  4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

5. Selene

Selene Avatar

I just think it's weird that this has been brought to the devs' attention multiple tines without a clear "stop using elderberries and delete all duplicates" order.

I thought that they were working as intended because they are account bound.. so you could have more than one. (Who wants to grow berries for two weeks to dye one outfit..it's silly!)

I then read that it had been fixed, so I harvested mine yesterday to test: it still gave two berries/dyes/seeds.

I read people have been selling them somehow.. so it's a problem. It would just be really nice to get a clear answer one way or the other.

Gaelis, mbomber, Acred and 3 others like this.
  6. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

They are not actually account bound there are players selling the plants . . . . .

Yet I could not even move them to a chest as not tradable . . . . 0

Acred, Fister Magee and Time Lord like this.
  7. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

Here is the weird thing. If I dye an object that is in my inventory, I consume 1 dye and get my seeds. If I dye an object that I'm currently wearing, the item gets dyed and I keep my dye. So as long as I wear everything that I dye, it doesn't consume the dye.

Time Lord and Fister Magee like this.
  8. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

Sounds like a convenient time-saver. Also, like a bug.

mbomber and Time Lord like this.
  9. David J Thompson

David J Thompson Avatar

I got a second seed and was shocked a few hours ago. Now that I'm out of the game I did a search due to my curiosity about it and found this thread. This thread of course has given me a few answers but many more questions. The type of question only devs can answer...

10. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

I think they need more bug testers :p They should dangle more prizes to get this happening for them! Or at least, they can test out their own code before pushing it live... perhaps they could come to the official forum and let everyone know what's wrong with these seeds! But... we wait....

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

It will upset innocent people who bought them in game, but the only right thing to do is wipe them from the game and resend them to the players that paid for them.

My advice to all that got these plants from a vendor is to use the die asap. They likely cannot wipe every item they were applied to.

12. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

I want to say that Chris said the biggest thing people were doing was selling them to NPCs for 1k each. So that means there are less of the rogue seeds out in the wild. That's why he zeroed out the price; so people couldn't sell them to NPCs anymore.

cartodude, Tahru and Time Lord like this.
  13. Animosh

Animosh Avatar

are you going to reimburse me for what i paid on the bushes??

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Womby

Womby Avatar

Perhaps you should talk to the person who sold them to you.

Melissa, Time Lord and Kara Brae like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.