Inventory Organization & Ability to Lock Items

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Rinaldi, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rinaldi

Rinaldi Bug Hunter

I have a few wishes:

1) Ability to lock items in the inventory - This option will prevent the accidental sale, trade, and destruction of an item. Locking an item would not prevent it from being stolen by a pickpocket or from being looted after a PVP kill. Locking an item would only prevent the player from moving the item out of their own inventory. See the example picture below: the lock symbol next to the item (blue arrow) indicates whether an item is locked in the inventory. A right click menu would allow you to lock and unlock items (green arrow). Also, the destroy item selection is moved away form the other selections so items are not accidentally destroyed (A "Are you sure you want to destroy this?" confirmation would be nice to.)

To move the item to a crafting table, you would have to unlock the item. To prevention accidental salvaging, I think a "Are you sure you want to salvage this?" confirmation would suffice.

[​IMG]

2) Better organization of inventory - I would like a sub-menu under each tab in the inventory (red arrow in pic above). This will make it much easier to find items when there are a lot of items in the inventory.
    • "All items" sub-menus
      • All items
      • Guides - player guides and player info
      • Keys
      • Maps
      • Quest items - mail for desolis, hammer in solace bridge, etc.
    • "Equipment" sub-menus
      • All - all equipment
      • Weapons
      • Armor (including shields)
      • Fashion/clothes - Cloaks, Hats, Goggles, Masks, Necklaces,Rings, Belts, Pipes, Fan, Cane, Clothes, etc.
      • "Music" - musical instruments (one man band, flute, drums, etc), radios, music sheets
    • "Crafting" sub-menus -
      • Animal - hides, heads, suet, venom sacks, spider eye, bones, hooves, etc.
      • Vegetable - fruits, veggies, nuts, coconuts,
      • Mineral - ore, coal, gems, granite, ice blocks,
      • Regents - some reagents may also be listed in other categories (nightshade in vegetable category, sulfurous ash in mineral category)
    • "Housing/Deco"
      • All
      • Furniture
      • Books
      • Lights - light sources such as candles, torches, etc
      • Wall/Floor - tapestry, pictures, rugs, floor tile
      • Yard - fences, fountains, etc.
      • Plants - shrubs, tress, flowers, cactus, etc.
    • Consumable
      • Potions
      • Reagents
      • Ammo - arrows, etc.
      • Scrolls
      • Repair kits
    3) User defined inventory tabs - their could be a "custom" tab next to the "consumable" tab. All of the sub-menus under the "custom" tab would be defined by the player. The player could name each sub-tab, and determine what type of items are displayed under a given sub-tab.

4) Better ability to organize bag mode - if the devs are able to flag items so they appear in a sub-menu as shown above, it would make organization in bag mode far easier. You could name a bag "Books" and anytime you dragged a book into your inventory or looted a book, it would automatically be placed in the "books" bag. This would help minimize the chaos shown below.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2016
    Sue D Nim, Net and lucasjung like this.
  2. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

You could change your inventory to list mode from options, that might help.

3. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

Great ideas! I would definitely support the sub tab idea. I think they might just suggest we use the search filter, but I think you are on to something.

As for bag mode improvements, I would like to see a grid pattern toggle where we can assign different areas of the bag to receive different types of items. That would at least keep like items together and away from unlike items instead of one big pile of stuff.

Sue D Nim likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.