We have lost our dear friend, Lacey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Onyx, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jade

Jade Avatar

I would imagine some are wondering why I have not written. To be honest, I have been out of commission for the last two days. I never knew you could make such a profound connection with another human being "electronically'. I had been speaking with Lacey often in the final weeks of her life. Last I spoke to her was two days before her death. She fought to the end. I do not believe she was in great pain and was using Tylenol to releive what pain she had. She and I knew she was terminal, but the end came so fast. Neither she nor I expected this. For anyone who did no know her, these are not just kind words spoken of the dead ... she truely was a loving, giving and caring soul. I am honored to have known her, will always miss her, but never forget her.

Onyx, unicornslady, Tahru and 12 others like this.
  2. King Robert

King Robert Avatar

A man cannot lose what he loved. Love is forever and our Lacey is therefore forever. I am not sad for our loss, I am thankful to have been given the honor of knowing her and calling her my friend. Notice calling; she is my friend forever, and her spirit will forever shape how we live and play SOTA. Thank God for Lacey: a lady for the ages. Called her my friend would be past; calling is the present and future. Which Lacey is and always will be for me.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    Onyx, Deemize, Tahru and 11 others like this.
  3. Smert

Smert Avatar

I had only spoken to Lacey on a few occasions, but she was always helpful and had nothing but kind words for other players, never once letting on that she was dealing with so much personally. Let her life be a lesson to us all - we don't know what burdens others are carrying, so take a page from Lacey's book and always be kind and respectful to one another. Rest in peace Lacey, you will be missed.

4. Luca Xante

Luca Xante Avatar

My condolences to her friends and family.

5. Traveller13

Traveller13 Bug Hunter

6. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

Terrible news indeed :( My thoughts are with her family.
    Rest in peace Lacey.

7. Rubus Bramble

Rubus Bramble Avatar

Such sad news RIP Lacey, you gave so much and took so little.
    condolences to her guildmates, friends and family.

8. Escanaba

Escanaba Avatar

I just saw the news about Lacey and wanted to jump on the forums here to post my condolences.

I met Lacey about a year ago in the EVL guild and there is so much to say about what an amazing person she was and how she touched everyone’s lives.

Lacey you will be missed! The game will miss her! She was part of this world of ours and she will be deeply missed.
    Rest in Peace Lacey, you will be missed!

9. finsbury

finsbury Avatar

Rest in peace, Lacey. My thoughts and best wishes to her family and friends.

10. Duncan O. McDermott

Duncan O. McDermott Avatar

I will miss Lacey. She was always there to help when asked a question and to give advice. She was too young to be taken from us. I am glad she went peacefully she deserved that much. God Rest Lacey.

11. Senjut

Senjut Avatar

Really beautiful ceremony. Thank you Amber.

EDIT: And thank you Avatar's radio for broadcasting! I kept getting instance bounced in Cottage Grove. :)

12. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Im so very sorry that you have left us far too soon Lacey. Sadly I have never got to meet you, but reading all the kind heartfelt comments about you brought a tear to my eye. Fly high Lacey in the after world and bring much joy to all the souls that you will meet on your new journey. Farewell

13. carlaisle

carlaisle Avatar

Somewhere between here and Timbuk3 Chaotic Bliss
    RIP Lacey, Service "Cottage Grove" .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 24, 2016
  14. Amber Raine

Amber Raine Community Ambassador (FR)

15. Duncan O. McDermott

Duncan O. McDermott Avatar

I thought this was a very well prepared service for someone so loved. I know attending made me feel better and I left with a lighter heart. I only slightly knew Lacey so I can only imagine how much pain her long time friends are going through. The attendance by Portlarium was a very nice touch as well.
    Thank you all for allowing me to attend the service.

16. Kambrius

Kambrius Avatar

I wasn't sure whether I should attend the memorial service since I have never had the honor of meeting Ms. Lacey, but from what I read about her and the way she touched the lives of those she met, I felt compelled to make the trek from my home in Desolis over to Cottage Grove. It was a perilous journey and it was the first time I actually fought my way through Nightshade Pass. It was amazing to see so many people out there, and the sermon by Amber Raine was lovely and heartfelt. I am glad I attended because it was my first social gathering in SotA albeit a sombre one. My deepest condolences to her friends and family.

Acred, majoria70, Beli and 7 others like this.
  17. Deemize

Deemize Avatar

Very sad indeed. She was always willing to help and give advice to us newbies. Her time here was done...much too soon.:(

18. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Sad to hear about her passing . wishing her family both in real life and here, my heart felt condolence. She is in a better place now, where there is no more pain and no more suffering. I never got to meat her, wish I did, she sounds very much like someone I would have loved to have known. May God bless and console her Family and friends in these times of need... God speed Lacey ....

19. Solstys

Solstys Avatar

Godspeed m'lady. My thoughts and prayers are with her family, friends, and guildmates. :(

20. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

I nod in acknowledgement as well. While we may not have been acquainted with each other, her passing still affects me, and I have a deeper respect for her contributions to this community now that I know the struggle she had.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.