Fallin' Green, a crafter and adventurer village at the Perennial Coast

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Chirp, Apr 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

The Crossroads Village of
    Fallin' Green

Traveler, have you explored the Perennial Coast? Many a ship sails along, and many of these share one thing: Where they were build, plank by plank.
    At the mouth of a small river at the coast, where it flushes over some sandbanks into the sea, lies the small shipyard village of Fallin' Green. Coming from the sea you probably first would see some green hills, not very high, that block the view into the land. Atop of the highest an impressive keep. Coming nearer you realize the first hill is a small island of itself, home for some larger building.
    Starboard of it – to the right, for the lubbers around – you finally discover buildings on the flat land. Flanked by a small lighthouse that guides visitors like you to the land. Before it, in the open waters, often some tail ship anchors, seemingly guarding the entrance to the river. In reality, it set anchor long ago, and has found a safe place to stay.

The shipyard that fuels this place, and where many a ship first felt the water, is directly behind. Calmed by some sandbanks the waters of the river and the sea mix in an widened area that nearly resembles a small lake. At its sandy, beach-like shore you see the typical signs of ship docks.
    Along it, to the side of the lighthouse, the dock workers live in small but neat row homes. Some larger houses probably mark the homes of foremen, crafters and merchants. And the inevitable tavern, where the days end with an ale or two.

More into the land the village displays its nicer sides. When you walk across the village square, you first find a small public garden. While it is a place for recreation and planting, a merchant displays his wares in the open. If he is not looking after passing girls, that is. But he still seems to make his coins, as the taverner still greets him and pours him an ale. Further on you come to a nice place with a mighty statue of Sequanna, the Titan of Love, and a statue of a bear. Surrounded by smaller and larger homes of the local haute voulée this is the core of old Fallin' Green. Crossing the small bridge you can climb the hill that leads to the keep you already discovered from the sea, the keep of the Duke of the Mended Flute, sitting high above the village and the waves.

Quiet it is, in general. And not that green between the buildings. So what is this village about, where did it get its name? Ask one of its inhabitants, and you will hear stories about proud ships build, tall ships sailing the seas around Novia. Much wood is needed to build such a ship, many a tree fell for its glory. Falling green, that over time became the name of this village. A lasting memory and tribute to the countless trees that wandered into the ever wood-hungry shipyard. So many, that now none is left in the vicinity of the village, and the trunks had to be transported over longer and longer distances.

But this is history, tales of times past. The danger and darkness that creeps over the land also devastated trade and transport on the sea, and ended the flow of orders for new ships. Not even the Lord and the Priestess of Ardoris, whose administrations often relied on the proven ships of Fallin' Green, seem to care for extension of their crumbling fleets anymore.

Nevertheless, the sea is the center of the life here. Fishermen bring in her daily catch, and many a day you can hear the shanties sung, the songs of the people living by, and living on the sea. The people of Fallin' Green.

Now you want to visit Fallin' Green, coming from the land? Then, wanderer, guide your steps to the vibrant city of Ardoris. Just as you pass the outer gate, before even the small bridge, you find the covered wagon that directly brings you to the heart of the village.

Welcome, we look forward to hear your tales!

2. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

Hello fellow Avatars!

I am proud to publicly announce the player-owned crossroads village of Fallin' Green! If you are looking for a permanent home, why not consider a nice spot near the bustling city of Ardoris?

For any enquiry, please post here, in the Beran League forum or contact me via PM. Looking forward to hear from you!

Regards,
    Chirp / Tarin Merrywhistle

How to travel to Fallin' Green: Directly at the entrance gate of Ardoris you find some covered wagons. The first on the right brings you to Fallin' Green.
    Fallin' Green is owned and managed by Tarin Merrywhistle, and part of The Beran League.

The what and where in Fallin' Green - see here also on SotaMap.com:

[​IMG]

Places for homes come in many sizes:
    1x Keep
    2x City
    3x Town (1 as water lot)
    28x Village (3 as water lot)
    24x Row

4 NPC buildings:
    Public garden
    Fishing shop
    Tavern
    Sequanna statue

with the support of the following NPCs
    Hammond - crafting merchant
    Tacie - cooking merchant
    Birte - fishing merchant
    Tucita - magic ingredients
    Ivannoe - everything for your house
    Malimick - grumpy taverner
    Silsa - weapons and arrows
    Moneypenny - traveling banker

Sizing, placing and names open for suggestions!
    Allocated lots are documented in this list.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016
  3. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

Fallin' Green is open for settlement. For now all lots are free to claim directly. If you want to reserve a space for future releases (wipes), please contact me!

There is no village tax at the moment, and it will guaranteed stay like this at least until after final wipe, even until the end of this year (2016). Later lets discuss whether we need some funds to support community lots or something like that., and also not planned for the foreseable future.

Please help making Fallin' Green a community of mutual support. Together we can build a vibrant, beautiful water-front village!

Most looked for currently:
    • a lighthouse guiding the ships from the sea
    • a miller with a windmill to help feed the villagers
    • a nice house boat, docked at the island
    • and many a crafter to help making everything you and your neighbours might need!
    Individual lot placement, or lot size adjustment can be discussed.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    Stundorn, Numa, Berek and 4 others like this.
  4. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

What a lovely City. The Lay out is thoughtfully done. Looking forward to visiting soon. :)

5. Vallas (Beran’s Reach)

Vallas (Beran’s Reach) Avatar

Amazing work! The attention to detail on both the background and the map design is great. Some serious love went into this. If you've been on the fence on where to settle, this one is well-worth considering. @Chirp is a good man, I have no hesitation that he'll lead his POT well. :)

6. Mata

Mata Avatar

Viel Glück, Chirp! :)

Leelu and Chirp like this.
  7. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

I visited your lovely village today and was mesmerized by the moonlight over the ocean.

[​IMG]
    I wish you and the inhabitants of Fallin Green much joy in the months to come.

Leelu and Mata like this.
  8. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

Thank you all for the nice wishes and the feedback!

And a great welcome to Morika Web, first new resident of Fallin' Green! May you feel at home, and find a great time at the sea!

Aimend, Mata and Leelu like this.
  9. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

A big welcome to Atalar Longstaff, newest citizen of Fallin' Green!
    If you need any assistance, please PM me!

For all: If you want to reserve a space past the next wipe, please contact me.

Still wanted:
    A windmill to feed the hungry villagers
    A lighthouse to safely guide ships
    and many others from row house to city palace! Four water lots currently are looking for someone to anchor there.

Leelu and Mata like this.
  10. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

We are open for business! Every lot is there, open for settlers. Come in, whenever the lot selection sequence allows you.
    While not every tree is planted yet, or every lamp lit, the merchants already moved in, and you can also get a fresh ale at the tavern. Let's build Fallin' Green anew!

And we are now also in SotaWiki.net!

Mata and Aimend like this.
  11. Elgarion

Elgarion Dev Emeritus Dev Emeritus

(in-character)

As Elgarion stood quietly upon the deck of the King's Maiden, a vessel carrying him to the docks of Ardoris, the old man studied the shoreline whilst the sturdy wooden craft came into port. Shortly before docking, the aged sorcerer made note of another port just adjacent to that of Ardoris'. Sounds of revelry and merry making could be heard for a shoreside tavern, well above the crashing of waves, the creaking of the ship and the welcoming cries of gulls.

Wondering why the port of Ardoris did not seem as welcoming, Elgarion made a special note to himself. Upon his next journey which took him to the southern shores of Novia, he would not book passage again to Ardoris, but instead would take his business to the harbor master of Fallin' Green, for surely there would be ale soon at hand upon docking there.

The sounds of laughter soon faded as did his view of the now preferred destination, and Elgarion hobbled his way across the gangplank and onto the piers of Ardoris, feeling as though an opportunity had been missed. "Next time..." the contemplative wizard thought to himself.

[​IMG]

12. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

Looking forward to your visit, Marquis De'Kahli!
    In case the harbor master does not welcome you and personally tie your docking lines, I fear you might find him at the bar of his friend Ivannoe. But sailing makes thirsty my own experience tells me, therefore you might want to guide your steps there anyhow.

In other notes:
    Folks, I forgot to announce it here: Fallin' Green was selected as the April location backstory winner over at RPOTA.com! You don't know what this is about? Look for the contest of the month, and submit your personal story.
    Thank you @Elgarion !

To bring this story better to life, we are still looking for land- and sea-based settlers, like
    • a Knight keeping the village lighthouse in order
    • the far traveled Lord, hosting on his house boat a myriad of souvenirs from all over the world
    • crafters and merchants building the core village
    You want to be or do something different in Fallin' Green? Please send me a message, let's talk about it!

Stahlknecht, Elgarion and Mata like this.
  13. aaronvf

aaronvf Avatar

Just got settled into this great town! The location is awesome and everything is laid out well. So excited to get to know the community and experience some adventures together!

Mata, Aimend and Chirp like this.
  14. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

Some time has passed now, the last of the expected big shakeups lies behind us. The village is rebuild, and settlers moved in.

Nine villagers found their way to Fallin' Green so far, from row house owners to a gardening center, a windmill, the welcome center, and the keep of the Merrywhistles above the village. Even a house boat docked here, being the home of the LAMP guild!
    We will continue the communication about and around Fallin' Green in our forum at the Beran League web site. Now is the time to slowly decorate our homes, and get trades and living started.

But this is not the end of the development! Some prospects announced their coming, and we still have places available in many sizes: From row lots to city lots, and even water-side places!
    Mostly looked for currently:
    • Settlers filling the 'historic part' of the village (village lots surrounding the Love & Bell plaza)
    • A lighthouse guiding ships around the shores
    You village water-lot deed holders out there (aka founder village lot deed): Fancy living in a light house, but do not own one? PM me, maybe we can arrange something.

Tripp Swindle likes this.
  15. Tripp Swindle

Tripp Swindle Avatar

It's been just over a month since I settled into Fallin' Green and I can say I absolutely love this little towns setup.

I've established a sawmill "The Knotted Log" along the rivers bank on the outer of the Love & Bell Tower square. Feel free to drop by and say hi if you are passing through.

With the raffle close to being drawn I hope to see many new settlers make Fallin' Green their home. If any new residents find themseves with a lot and no house just send me a message and I'll hit the carpentry bench and knock one together (your materials, wood doesn't just grow on trees!)

Tripp

Chirp and Kara Brae like this.
  16. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

Just a quick reminder: We still have spots from row lot to city lot available! And a few water lots. Please come and have a look - and check at SotAMap for your dream spot!

Fallin' Green now has about a dozen residents, and is home for the LAMP guild headed by Alar Griffonbourgh. We feature a balloon viewing spot, a crafting house generously set up by Tiffani SaintOnge, a mysterious double-story Elven globe house, and even a (temporary) lighthouse! And a new tavern opened - our long term resident Tripp Swindle moved from his sawmill more to the center and opened the Knotted Log Inn. Have a drink at the bar!
    And don't forget to watch the Christmas display while it still lasts.
    (pictures following)

You see, a village always changes. Would you like to be part of it? If you fancy to be part of a small community of crafters, adventurers and travelers with connections throughout Novia, please come and have a look.

Looking forward to meet you
    Tarin Merrywhistle

17. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

The promised pictures:

Love'n'Bell plaza, the center of the old village.
    [​IMG]

Coastal weather, what do you expect?
    [​IMG]

A morning view. Get ready for an exciting day!
    [​IMG]

The Christmas display, and Merrywhistle Keep in the background.
    [​IMG]

18. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Beautiful and quite a setup! We would love to feature this in a New Year POT spotlight!

19. Larawyn Skjaldmaer

Larawyn Skjaldmaer Avatar

Greetings,

Thank you for having your wiki page updated! http://sotawiki.net/sota/Community:Fallin'_Green

I see your town is listed as role-play casual, if so, and you'd like some further exposure, the roleplayer's corner has a list for active rp towns (3 + contacts), as well as the in game New Role-Player's Center. We'd be happy to have you listed with both if you wish.

Lara

20. Chirp

Chirp Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.