Will you be part of a Kickstarter/Pledge for the next Episode release?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vallo Frostbane, Sep 24, 2016.

?

Will you pledge in the second kickstarter (Episode 2) and at what level?

1. Same as in Episode 1 Kickstarter...

16.0%
  2. Greater than in Episode 1 Kickstarter...

13.6%
  3. Lower than in Episode 1 Kickstarter...

24.5%
  4. I will not pledge in an Episode 2 Kickstarter...

45.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hunter Rose

Hunter Rose Avatar

You are reminding me of my favorite John Lydgate quote: You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. Sorry this has been such a rough road to hoe!

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I would pledge in a second kickstarter.
    How much depends on the incentives.
    Yes, I am a Material gir....eeeehhh Boy!!

3. Mitara

Mitara Avatar

Um... all i got that was great on that list was new land.... :)

4. Armeleon Vesaz

Armeleon Vesaz Avatar

Feels way too early to answer this. Definitely will pledge if they deliver well on episode 1.

5. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Food for thought re: the poll results. While many people who will back up again are voting, many who won't aren't even left around these parts to vote that they will not.

So it's telling that, "I will not pledge in an Episode 2 Kickstarter..." is as high as it is, given the greater number of people who would likely say that aren't around any more.

6. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

I like Lincoln's version better. It's more applicable to SotA.

Kaisa and Hunter Rose like this.
  7. Kidain

Kidain Avatar

amen

sorry but I have paid full price for a full price game, which SOTA certainly isn't yet? The money they have kick-starter I am expecting everything now for 2 years at least one to be free. I really hope no one is expecting any more money for anything else?

Chatele likes this.
  8. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

Yellow light...warning!!!

Red light...stop!!!

Those two statements alone should send any sensible person running at light speed away with their wallet.

9. Gregoire Visaard

Gregoire Visaard Avatar

Apollyon9515 likes this.
  10. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Does anyone have a link to the list of things that are supposed to happen in Ep2?

docdoom77 likes this.
  11. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Personally I won't vote. I think it a bogus poll considering E1 is not fully released yet and any reviews up to this point in my minds eye is BS. Let's see how it is received after release. Even though I won't vote I love the game as it's developing and would support continued expansion.

calkano (PAX) likes this.
  12. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

So, Sean... when someone says in a review, for example, "Hey, the combat is really awful in this game..." people shouldn't take that seriously?

Even though combat has been a hot mess for years, it's apparently going to become awesome at some stage, all of a sudden? Ditto for other game aspects?

I think you might be wishing a little too hard :(

13. DepGames

DepGames Avatar

Refunds? ;)

14. Jordizzle

Jordizzle Avatar

Unless there is a promise that episode 2 will heavily focus on improving combat, I probably won't pledge again.

15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

No need to pledge again, it took me approx a year and a half of a payment plan to pay for my pledge tier as it is. I am here for the long haul, I will still support the game though. I believe in this project and what is possible over the span of time, like news flash, jump forward to the future and we have so much more coming over time. I am not going anywhere. If I see something I want to buy I will buy it as we continue on. :). I believe the project will sell itself as the public sees what great things will come into the game over time. Just have the pledge tiers or bundles fun and encouraging for those who like the game in the Episodes and want to get bundles. But most importantly for those who can't afford the bundles, give options for having them feel a part of the game, rooms to rent, even if it is an inn to rent for the week that lets them place a chest and hang their hat.

I say to the development team:

-Don't promote that anyone is less than anyone else, but promote that there are different options for different play styles.

- Some don't want deco themed houses, but definitely want a place to hang their hat and come home to at night for sleeping and hanging out, perhaps reading a book or writing a book.

- I don't want it to be cut or dried in the world of having a house/home verses those who do not have one creating a gap between players and the world loses out on neat opportunities to offer all players.

- Not having a lot or house should be a choice as well, and again fun options should be available for those who don't have one. They should not be out in the cold or feel less than.

Like for examples of options instead of puchasing a deed and bundle that I can think of:
    -Let players choose an inn, put down a chest and pay by the day, perhaps hang up their hat ;)
    - rent from a player
    - set up a camp with danger of getting eaten by a bear or hearing growling nearby and crickets and night noises, sit around their made campfire adding wood to it as the player plays their instrument and roasts marshmallows.
    - let players choose to be a gypsy type of character and join a caravan of gypsies, having a gypsy wagon as long as they participate in the gypsy camp and are in favor with the gypsies, gaining access to their very own gypsy wagon for that time:).

Fun and interesting opportunities and options should be in abundance in this game, and not this stigma or gap between players, we need options. I don't hear this much and it does disappoint me very much that options are not prevalent and available or stated strongly enough that they will be available.

I do know that we are in a very crowdfunding aspect of the game, but the other options should still be available at least at launch to gain players. It should be enticing to fund the game as well, and also the game should have very interesting options for those who can't afford or don't choose to go that route and just 'buy' the game. Everyone matters. Either way if it is a fabulous game like I believe it will be, then it will get funded, but just listen to me then lol j/k, but hopefully in this.

@DarkStarr , @Lord British2

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
  16. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

non consensual pvp would be great for the next map zone!

yarnevk, Kaisa and DepGames like this.
  17. shathiell

shathiell Avatar

Great topic. Personally I will pledge but for less than I have the first time.

I am a little concerned about how much backer money is left for ep 2, however time will tell.

DepGames and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  18. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

what would you do with all the 5 dollar refunds for your various forum accounts you use to game poll results on here?

buy early access for the first time??

aldraren likes this.
  19. Duke Olahorand

Duke Olahorand Localization Team

Since it seems I am going to lose my current job very soon (maybe you heard from Hanjin), I do not think, that there is any budget to pledge.

20. Birko

Birko Avatar

No, because I have already pledged. My 2013 pledge includes the full content of episodes 2 and 3 (including beta access to Episodes 2 and 3).
    Kickstarter is not an ongoing revenue tap. I'm happy to help fund and support through other means.
    Be wary of Starr's "DLMB".

Solazur, Mykll, Chatele and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.