Pikegirl (BLoB) presents: =Flash Quest= +Official LIVE Database+

Discussion in 'Recurring Player Events' started by Pikegirl, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

@Berek

His Wood Elven self coming over to the Crash Site to help alleviate the manpower shortage in Meat-ing Ground. He had made a wrong turn on his way to a far-off town and ended up at the Crash Site in Estates.

We moved rubble on the ground to clear space, and the Forge and Smithing Tables were placed nicely.

After a short chat, Berek promised to meet again to let me know more about his plans and we bid each other farewell.~

[​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
    Kambrius, Berek, Acred and 3 others like this.
  2. Valdor

Valdor Avatar

A shame I wasn't able to be there to help supervise his work. Those wood elves need strict task masters. I hope you were able to manage him without me, Pikegirl.

Acred, Pikegirl and Time Lord like this.
  3. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

It was great to visit! Thank you so much for helping me along the way. I somehow made a wrong turn in the nearby hills. Glad to be of assistance in return!

4. EmberFlame

EmberFlame Avatar

Wow, it's a great thing you've got going here! It might actually get me back in-game for more than just the occasional event. :D

Will be adding this to the Event Forecast on AR. I know that we have listeners that would love this!

5. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Players have been wondering so this is the answer.

Giving a shout out to @Autumn Willow for all his hard work in decorating our super cool Crash Site sandbox at Brittany Estates!

Players can shape it up even more with future Quests! Stay tuned!

Time Lord, Acred and Tahru like this.
  6. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

awesome!!!

i'll try to participate in, but have another timezone and english is notmymother language, but i gues i can handle it.

This is great, i once created a light RP-PvE run in the beginnings of my time in SotA for germanspeakers.
    This one is a good example of what we can do with and in the game to create our own content.
    I am going to do this for german speaking roleplayers too, but maybe a little bit less big, because of my freetime :D

can't wait to be part of it...

have fun - Stun 07

Rada Torment, Time Lord and Pikegirl like this.
  7. tbkelima

tbkelima Avatar

Nice.... Im eager to try the quest.. trying to learn and understand first +). been played for 3 weeks now

Time Lord and Pikegirl like this.
  8. Rada Torment

Rada Torment Community Ambassador (ES)

Even with a few language limitations, specially not easy when you try to roleplay, really worth the effort. I'm not native english speaker and I'm having a blast :)

Soylent Green, Time Lord and Pikegirl like this.
  9. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

This is the original post that I'll forward to the General Discussion Crier Thread.

[​IMG]

So now, I've Magincia- a personal nested POT plot to play with inside of Oceania, Barbarian King's Overland POT just off the coast of Ardoris.

It's a queer little desolate area with a Caretaker guarding a Cemetary and burnt housing around. A scene of a vicious attack? Really complicated history maybe?

This is going to be one of Flash Quest's alternate Questlines in the making when we progress unto it.

Shout Outs to:
    @rednought provides all the POT Deeds for the Scene, while @Autumn Willow made the burnt housing (more to come) and will be busy deco-ing here with me again.
    @Myrcello provided the Obsidian Tower in the background which I knew would come of use one day!

Life is wonderful when the whole community locks in and enjoy a piece of heaven together, ain't it?

Pikey Out!

(And yes, our current Quest still has 7 more slots for the taking. Come on in Novians and help Bob with his sunburn!)

(And no, this has nothing to do with Six's Project Baubbleshire Deed-Free Town Project)

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    Gaelis and x_Selene_x like this.
  10. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

UPDATE!

(15/10/16)
    : WRFB (Radio Free Britannia!) @Woftam interviews Pikegirl in a short 10-Question SotA Segment for the Breakfast Show!

Estate Month 1 Recap is being updated as and when the Quests succeed/fail.

11. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Hey all Flash Questers and supporters,

I'm back with this month's =Flash Quest= November Update!

The 3-quest arc involving the want-away Bandits of Baubbleshire has concluded and their game fate altered depending on the respective Quest's success/failure, which I spent time reflecting on in our Story So Far Month 1 Recap.

Do remember that players fulfilling the total number of completions in a Quest will promote a change in one direction, while the percentage of completions in a Failed Quest indicates the severity of the change in the opposite direction.

This month's plot arc goes back again to Brittany Estates, where it all began.

This time, it is not about saving fires or finding meat though. Pikegirl, together with her accidental property, face the very real threat of lawful indictment for her part in the Crash which caused numerous lives to be lost.

Also, the ever-important Estates entrepreneur Tolly Lardbottom (@MoriensSeeker) comes back to the Bandits with interesting news regarding the state of the airship, and some startling insight.

Stay tuned for all this and more in November!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2016
    Soylent Green, Hazard, Acred and 2 others like this.
  12. EmberFlame

EmberFlame Avatar

Was getting caught up on everything that's happen this past month. Wish to express, again, how awesome this event is! I haven't even been able to contribute in-game, and the storyline STILL has me on bated breath. In particular, I love how the inactivity on a quest, rather than fading into the background, instead affects the quest's failure/severity! Makes it feel so much more alive! Loving it!

Keep up the GREAT work, BLoB! :D

13. Gateward

Gateward Avatar

RE: FALL FOR YOU (OVER AGAIN)

Knowing Nicos Quaffi and his goons reputation throughout Regalis as not one to be taken lightly, I decided to lend my hand to Pikegirl's predicament by taking a quasi-peaceful yet straightforward route towards Quaffi's ultimate judgement.

Remarkedly just the other day I had found the free pamphlet "Soul Tap in Five Easy Steps" folded and being used as a bookmark in one of the instructionals for dummies that I had happily purchased down at Vyrin & Womby's bookstore in Aerie the other evening.

After a bit of poor experimenting and eventually coming to on my own tile floor after not following step 5, "Stop tapping if your vision is completely red," I decided this simple procedure would work just fine for Pikegirl's situation. Upon meeting up with Pikegirl at the Crash Site, and excluding step 5, the process worked like a charm with the display camera (possibly) malfunctioning and unwittingly capturing a string of action photos which I've since developed in my "Steam" darkroom - results follow:

[​IMG]

Coto dye choice was naturally - Red! Thank you.

~Xel

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    Bom, Acred, Net and 2 others like this.
  14. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

Thank you SotA community, players and all for playing =Flash Quest= this year.

It has been a real blast and super enjoyable to interact with the dozens that came forth to try their hand at a new community project. The support was overwhelming and well wishes aplenty that kept me going on months after its launch.

For now, I'll be taking a winter break and coming back again next year for more wacky adventures and twists; if you catch *wind* of what I'm driving at...

*winks*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.