two big requests: Disable magic item glow and fixing the watchers!

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by VZ_, Sep 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

1) Could you please put in an option to disable the glow from magic/enchanted armor/weapons? It is quite jarring to have parts of one’s body glow in yellow etc and just takes you out of the world. Would be nice to just look like you’re wearing realistic armor. An Options menu toggle would mean worlds to me.

2) Anything can be done to fix the watchers? They are very loud in scanning and scan every player/npc non stop. I know many play with sfx off but for those of us that don’t it would be nice if the watchers weren’t so annoying in their sounds and getting under your feet, every. single. time.

Epiphany, Swan, lucasjung and 8 others like this.
  2. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

I play with SFX on and have had no problem with the watchers. Each to his own, I guess.

In my opinion, the glow of the enchanted items, however, is incredibly annoying. Yes, please. An option to turn it off.

Thank you, @Chris and @DarkStarr.

3. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I like the concept of the glow A LOT. But the gold glow itself is way over the top.

I'd much rather see Reveal Hidden show the glow, and not have it present all the time. That would work even if the item was a decoration too.

4. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I do agree that the watchers can be annoying. I find myself killing any of them on sight.

Epiphany, Rilman, VZ_ and 1 other person like this.
  5. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

The watchers, I just smack 'em too.. they stop making noise pretty fast! :D I don't trust them anyway...

Epiphany, Rilman and VZ_ like this.
  6. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

You, sir, have the patience of a god.

Maybe it's because I'm based in Aerie and those little bastards are everywhere. I hear that ear piercing sfx they do while scanning and seeing new npcs/pcs non effin stop. Really i just wish they'd just tone down the volume a bit on them, and more importantly have them scan a character only once. i've seen them just stand at the crafting pavilion scanning the public vendor for hours. i had to shut the sound off to prevent a stroke.

lucasjung likes this.
  7. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

1. Yeah agreed can be a bit irritating glowing all the time

2. Agreed, drop that damn sound level back lower, used to be about 25% what it is now until R32 I think it was, now we all kill watchers on sight or we cant hear each other speak

Epiphany and VZ_ like this.
  8. VZ_

VZ_ Avatar

careful you take a significant virtue hit from killing them, i hear. but yes, whenever i see someone kill them i cheer them on

lucasjung and Alexander like this.
  9. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

In that case, my virtue must be somewhere in the gutter at this point :D

postulio likes this.
  10. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

It will make the Virtue cape darker :D And I am ok with low virtue :confused: Let's see the system 'work' :p

Alexander and postulio like this.
  11. Ember

Ember Avatar

I strongly dislike the armor enchantment glow effect. Please re-purpose the glow/highlight back to targeted enemy mobs! It makes absolutely no sense to have the same effect on avatars that indicates "I am an interactive item" like how the glow is now on the ore nodes as well. I LIKE it on the ore. I do not like it on players. :confused:

Epiphany, Swan, lucasjung and 2 others like this.
  12. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I don't care for the bight yellow aura. I'd rather see the faint blue enchanting aura from Ultima. It was faint enough that you had to look for it, and didn't amke the character look like a disco ball.

[​IMG]

Swan, Ao Soliwilos, lucasjung and 3 others like this.
  13. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

Definitely. I also want it changed, it being yellow is particulary less than appealing. However, rather than people turning it on or off, I want it changed to actually look good and always be present on magical equipment. In any combination of faint overall blue/white glow, runic inscriptions that glow, gems that glow, emblems or glowing symbols. Things that are magical should look it, just not in the current style.

Something more like this with the normal on the left, and magical on the right (would be great if the patterns around the gem would be slightly lit as well):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
    Snazz, Acred, Alexander and 2 others like this.
  14. Dexter4

Dexter4 Avatar

we really lose virtue from killing the watchers ? hate those things and if they come anywhere close i go into a rage and kill them all .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.