PVM combat system so borked

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lord Lew, Sep 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

I'm in a heated battle with three skeletons and a random stag walks up. I drop the first skeleton and automatically target the stag????? for the love of god @Chris why am I attacking a peaceful stag and not the remaining two skeletons??? I should automatically move to the next attacker not some random animal in the area.

this happens many times, mostly with rabbits for some reason..

Please look into this
    Lew

2. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

What kind of attack did you use, melee and/or spells?

jammaplaya likes this.
  3. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

Archery, and I was not in Auto attack, should have noted that

that's a total waste of arrows as an archer.. and you basically shoot everything in sight

4. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

I stack my spells as well...never sure if my ice arrow is gonna kill them in 2 or 3 or 4 haha...depends on my crits...I hit more rabbits, deer, and the wrong enemy target than anything...I truly hate it when my battle is kinda touch and go and for some stupid reason my avatar decides to shoot a new creature not even in the current battle...I would assume the most logical way to fight would be kill the one that's the most hurt first! Don't switch to the one that's not even hurt yet!

5. Harclubs

Harclubs Avatar

The targeting system is bizarre, especially if you use range. Even as melee, my targets sometimes defy logic, but it easier to manually click on the correct target without too much damage. I tried playing as a range mage for a while because my archer buddy kept gusting targets out of melee range, and that was when I realized just how bad it is. Every 3rd or 4th fight, I would get an add because my fire arrow hit a target I was not aiming at.

And while I'm having a whinge, how about some multiplayer tools to make life easier? Just being able to see who the group leader was targeting would help group combat immensely.

6. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

I was targeting manually, it just decided that the stag was looking at me the wrong way I guess.. I have also experienced the hey lets stop attacking the one that's almost dead and start attacking the one that just joined the fight issue as well.. very no Bueno.

I don't remember this being an issue prior to being forced to fight using a FPS shooter system.. but hey what can we do about that, it seems there was never a vote..

7. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Im melee, I hack and slash anything that gets in my way and I LIKE IT, KILL THEM ALL!!!! :)

Corazon likes this.
  8. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

yep, i too have experienced turning away from a bear that was almost dead, that i had shift-clicked, to fight a new one at full health that stuck his nose a little closer to me. not happy-making.

9. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I get this same thing all the time with my heavy armor charge. Got the mob almost dead and I charge off in a different direction on a mob full hp.

Leostemplar likes this.
  10. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

I think non hostile targets should never be autoattacked ... It still feels like a bug when running through a zone and leave a trail of dead deers and rabbits behind :/

11. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

on the other hand, we may soon need all the rabbit and vanison we can slaughter.

12. Birne Gilmore

Birne Gilmore Avatar

yeah, but autoattacking without direct command will lead to many such mentioned problems when fighting while a "harmless deer" passes by ;) .... Of cause we will need them ... but please not without a direct click on them ;)

Govenor Ruin likes this.
  13. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

A simple fix for this would be only allowing ability's to be casted or used on targets. Instead of it being affected by what you cursor is aiming at.

As it is now you can use a lot of the ability's without a target.

14. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

You may get a chuckle then at reading the R29 instructions, where they changed the system from the hard-target system (what you just described), to the current soft-target approach. :)

15. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

Yea I don't really have a problem with it, I was just trying to be helpful :p

NRaas likes this.
  16. Almar

Almar Avatar

Had a similar problem yesterday. I had targeted a Thug for Obsidian Arrow (which I use to pull) and when I fired it it hit a rabbit beside me instead.

o_O

Numa and Govenor Ruin like this.
  17. Dexter4

Dexter4 Avatar

lets just use the same excuse with everything , " the games not done yet or released yet " not sure if im being sarcastic but i do agree with the targeting bs and why the tank has to be a healer because his taunts dont pull aggro from a healer that never touched it .

18. Ao Soliwilos

Ao Soliwilos Avatar

I don't really have a problem hitting what I want, the wild life around me gets hurt pretty much only when I use area-effect spells. Just have your avatar face the monster you want to hit.

19. Lord Lew

Lord Lew Avatar

Ok, well... That is rather a problem... I'm facing the skeletons attacking them and the stag walked up on my right.. Other times I'm attempting to fire at(insert mob) which I am looking directly at and the poor rabbit that hopped up on my left draws my arrow like a heat seeking missile!

I'm telling you the targeting system is broken, at least for me. I'm not sure how your magically immune, but please cast that spell on me. I'd love to hit what I'm looking directly at!

Numa, Tiki Pirate and moko like this.
  20. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

When I have a pack of 6 elder wolves, my autoattack will hit forward, but magically I will thrust glyph at 180°

Derium likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.