Will you be part of a Kickstarter/Pledge for the next Episode release?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vallo Frostbane, Sep 24, 2016.

?

Will you pledge in the second kickstarter (Episode 2) and at what level?

1. Same as in Episode 1 Kickstarter...

16.0%
  2. Greater than in Episode 1 Kickstarter...

13.6%
  3. Lower than in Episode 1 Kickstarter...

24.5%
  4. I will not pledge in an Episode 2 Kickstarter...

45.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Would be nice to think that 12 million raised (guessing) and E1 complete (including a marketing plan for all those new paying players) would "kickstart" E2. This really should be the goal. A second kickstarter should be used as a last resort and be regarded by Port as an indicator of failings (not total failure) requiring round table discussions about the direction of the game features.

Solazur, By Tor, Mykll and 9 others like this.
  2. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

No wishing on my part at all. I don't mind feedback as long as that's what it is, constructive feed back. If it's a review that this game sucks and don't buy it, personally I believe that comes off as BS as the game isn't launched or finished. As far as combat, MY experience in online gaming is that a lot folks are NEVER completely happy with combat or anything for that matter. I've listened to it about UO for 19 years now. Key phrase is NINETEEN years. All that time continuing to forecast it's doom and it just keeps on ticking as a PROFITABLE game. As an example.

Besides that is not what we're talking about in this thread. This thread is about a poll about future financing of a game that isn't released yet based on inadequate facts, IMHO opinion.

Your welcome to yours.

3. Sargon

Sargon Avatar

I can't comprehend this mindset. We have Episode 1 that is still far from complete, yet you "can't wait" to throw money at another Kickstarter campaign? Saying that you will support the Kickstarter is one thing, but let's not get too excited about throwing money at the next big thing when we still don't have much of what we have already paid for.

Sir_Hemlock, Mykll, Zader and 6 others like this.
  4. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

yeah I'll pledge as much or more probably because I think I like these guys after all this... however I cannot afford to do that all in 30 days.

I'm just guessing here... but it seems likely that not everybody knew that we could continue to pledge after the kickstarter. Will they be only offering "Early Founder" rewards for kickstarter only pledges to ensure that people who want the early rewards to pledge high during kickstarter? If so I expect that we will be allowed to upgrade our pledges after the fact, but what if to ensure the kickstarter goals are met with flying numbers some unique rewards are only available to pledge levels before the close of kickstarter? :(

1) we need a good turnout in kickstarter

however if I pledge something weak in kickstarter in hopes that I can upgrade and get the super early backer bonus stuff it would be sad to not get that. Although if they have 2 property deeds for high level backers (like we had), but if we upgrade our pledges after kickstarter we only get the one main deed... that might be incentive enough.

(I hate doing this... I hate telling them to make me pay more but I'm giving honest feedback)... I honestly would be more willing to pledge higher in the kickstarter if Citizen or higher pledges are required before kickstarter ends to be entitled to early backer rewards of higher tiers if upgraded after the kickstarter ends. (like gold titles or early eppisode two backer mounts, early E2 backer cloaks with symbols etc...

Although property deeds themselves might not be as big of a draw to those of us who have a property (especially for those who have the maximum sized property deeds). What will the rewards be? Seems to me that Episode 2 needs something a little different while offering the stuff from E1 backers. Will there be options with the rewards??? Like instead of buying a second town lot can we redeem it for an upgrade to a city lot by merging it with our existing lot?

In anycase I suspect the team is going to treat new comers and oldtimers as equals in the new fundraiser. (Clearly apart from something like housing which clearly a non episode 1 backer could not have obtained)... if there are overlapping rewards from the first kickstarter maybe instead of having static rewards... in this instance those rewards could be optional for both new comer and old...

For example, Say a new comber buys a lord pledge, and an old player buys a lord pledge... one of the rewards is a lord cloak with a lord symbol.... the old timer might not be so enthusiastic about getting a second cloak but maybe the new comer would. So in the case of the lord cloak maybe it could be bundled as an item token like the artisan tool selection bag... so that both old and new players a like have the option to redeem it for the cloak or some other new item but not both... (Although since there is already a cash store... why not also allow these sorts of individual pledge rewards like this also have the ability to be upgraded 'individually after acquiring them in game so that the new player (and old) can upgrade that token so that they can get all the items instead of picking only one). This way the new backer doesn't feel left out from being an episode 1 backer, and the old timer backer can just double up on those items for the same fee. I'm not advocating that all the old early backer stuff be made available just the rewards that are brought back again whatever those things might be.

5. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

just like with Episode 1... I will make a pledge to gain access to Episode 2... ♥‿♥

6. Sephros

Sephros Avatar

Have to say, i'm not surprised, yet saddend by the results of the poll. I am in for the long haul, but it appears most aren't. At this point 33.5% wont even back it, and 53% would do the same pledge or lower. I love this game and group of devs. Something has to change or ep 2 wont even see the light of day.

Mykll, 4EverLost, Chatele and 2 others like this.
  7. Blitz101

Blitz101 Avatar

Too early for this kind of poll. Once Epi 1 releases this game will either do well or the servers will be empty with the exception of a few role playing guilds that spend thousands developing their towns. I'm a little disappointed with the game play up to this point but again it's alpha. Sit and wait.

Mykll, Chatele, Xandra7 and 4 others like this.
  8. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'll definitely back Episode II. It will be for a lesser amount than Episode I for a couple of reasons:

One, the systems will be mostly done once E1 ships, so E2 shouldn't have as high a price tag. Sure, some new systems will come online, but mostly it should be content.

Two, I pledged higher for E1 than any other game I've ever played. Even more than my 12 years of EQ subscriptions. I did that for two benefits, designing an NPC and game assets, both of which have been severely limited since Kickstarter.

I want the game to succeed, and I'll continue to support it. Just at a slightly lower financial tier.

9. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Don't forget the poll results only represent a tiny fraction of the playerbase. ~150 votes out of thousands of players.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2016
    Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  10. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

You seem to forget that there are many, many, MANY people that pledged hundreds if not thousands of dollars for the original kickstarter, which gives them access to all five episodes. Should these people be expected to shell out even more?

Don't assume that just because people voted no in this poll that they are any less invested in this game than you are.

Mykll, 4EverLost, Chatele and 5 others like this.
  11. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Since the cash store is geared towards them, I think the answer is a pretty definite yes.

12. Blitz101

Blitz101 Avatar

My disappointment is mainly around combat development. I'm sure the dev's are tirelessly working behind the scenes to get it right but it just needs so much work right now.

Chatele and Apollyon9515 like this.
  13. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

No it is very unlikely I will. I already spent way to much as it is. If I could I would slap my past self and ask her what in the world she is thinking spending hundreds of dollars on this game!? But lesson learned doubt I will ever spend more then the amount you would usually spend on a game for any of these kickstarters anymore. No matter how promising the game might seem.

Vagabond_Sam, Mykll, Xandra7 and 4 others like this.
  14. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I'm not quite sure what your poll is asking? But, if I understand your asking if I'll pledge my same amount again... Well, of course not, but if I pledge $10 every month, I'm sure it will help...

I don't think that the Bad reviews and "nay sayers" over at steam constitutes the views of the general press / public, quite the contrary, from what I've seen of the game expos and RG, SL conversing with quite happy fans, that are very eager to play the game, and my own experience playing... Steam has gotten so bad of late, I don't even go there anymore...

Sean Silverfoot likes this.
  15. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I would consider pledging in a second kickstarter if the rewards were different. But to be honest I thought the plan was design a game on kickstarter funds/pledges, sell it to the masses, then fund enough for episode 2.

At the rate they're chucking out deeds in the raffle I'm not sure there will be a need for deeds.

I imagine that a year from now (when they might consider/plan for such a thing) we may all have different answers than today.

Understandably, many people are both dissappointed and hopeful and satisfied thus far. I'm a mix of all 3 certainly. It's one thing to see great strides and strong community and hope for the future, vs seeing how much further there is to go!

The community is strong and growing, and if official "launch" brings marketing and a perception change there may be many people prepared to fund a second kickstarter.

4EverLost and Hazard like this.
  16. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Probably not unless I hit the lottery or something. My college loans are way too expensive ($1400 per month) to be putting much more money into this game than I already have (I'm Edelman). I'd like to, but I'm just not financially stable enough with those college loans to do so. Add rent and bills on top of that.

Pikegirl and 4EverLost like this.
  17. moko

moko Avatar

I loved the pledge system and despite having access to all 5 episodes because of the original KS I'd pledge again. As for the money I'd put in, IF the finished game is enjoyable to me it would probably be similar to this time (but I am no "big player").

Pikegirl likes this.
  18. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i fully agree with this - the big question here is how are they going to fund the future episodes they plan? i mean they have a loose idea up to ep5, but are only funded till ep1 finishes. maybe once they have everything for ep1 in place, they can start to get silent investors behind the scenes (if they havn't already)...

to get them off the ground, the kickstarter was a fantastic idea - but to keep them going, i'm afraid that same methodology just will not work.

Tiki Pirate and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  19. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Maybe Episode 2 could go in as a "stretch goal" rather than kickstarter.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  20. Last Trinsic Defender

Last Trinsic Defender Avatar

As it is mentioned over and over again - we are in pre-alpha. As long as episode 1 is not gone through alpha, beta and final, I won't even consider an episode 2. Sorry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.