State of the game - Why PvP loot should change.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by comatoseroses, Sep 28, 2016.

?

Equiped item loss in PvP zones and greater exp gain from monsters there?

1. Yes!

19.2%
  2. No!

42.3%
  3. Full loot!

23.1%
  4. Equipped item loss but no additional exp gain from the zone.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. PvP rank system and points for buying gear. (sounds like WoW.... lame)

7.7%
  6. Dye's and vanity items for PvP rewards

3.8%
  7. Players lose equipped items on death and a coin value is rewarded to the killer.

3.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. comatoseroses

comatoseroses Avatar

Like most people, I don't enjoy losing my items in PvP. However, I do feel there is a major need for a more expansive loot system and an item sink to keep crafters with customers. Right now, there is no way to perma-loss of items and it will be detrimental to the community.

PvPer's would spend huge amounts of coin on items for PvP creating a market that is currently untapped. I would prefer full loot but that's out of the question with this community here I think. What we need is equipped item drop. That gives PvPers like me something to be excited about when going to the PvP area.

Also, monsters in the zone could give more exp to draw players into the area. High risk, high reward. Oldschool Runescape is a perfect example of a system that works and millions of people still play that game after more then a decade.

If you like the risk of PvP and want to gian some cool gear, reputation, notoriety and experience while doing it then please back this post.

If you crafters and PvE'ers want a huge community, please back this post.

If you don't want to PvP, dont go there. But at least make the potential for a great game to be a world changer. These changes would draw millions of players. I don't care what Portalarium has said in the past about more loot, if they truly care about the community and want the game to be for the players, they will take this into consideration. Thank you!

Edit: Added 2 more options per request!

Edit: If players go in wearing entry level gear, then they will just die and lose it.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Pikegirl and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  2. GraveDncer

GraveDncer Avatar

I like PVP, am an old school UO PVPer but don't think losing equipment is the best way to attract PVP players. ESO has done a great job Creating PVP areas with high level mobs/Xperia with no risk of losing your gear . Instead you earn PVP ranks and PVP coins that are used to buy PVP gear.

Give me that option and I'll vote for it. Right now the vote is black and white, gimme a lil grey please.

Ravicus Domdred, Oba Evesor and Mac2 like this.
  3. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

I don't think this would pull as many items out of the system as you think. Good equipables will be resold... meaning they are not destroyed or exiting the system. Merely circulated.

It would also kill CotOs for repair. Who is going to buy a CotO to restore max durability on a favored item if someone else could just steal it.

Ravicus Domdred and Oba Evesor like this.
  4. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Certain dye colors that can only be bought with PvP coins would be cool. Vanity craftables that require resources only found in PvP zones or purchased with PvP Coins would be cool as well. Lots of ways to expand on an idea like this.

5. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

With the way gear works in SotA, this wouldn't really do much for crafters because people will just be using NPC bought armor, cheap enchantment failure stuff, and pledge armor. The difference between expensive gear and cheap gear is way too small to get most people to risk anything of much value.

Ravicus Domdred and Oba Evesor like this.
  6. Jezebel Caerndow

Jezebel Caerndow Avatar

Ummm, just the economic nerf hurt world pvp real bad, so you think adding full loots is going to improve it? I think that is completely going to have the opposite effect of what you want, world pvp will be even less. As lazlo said, you will just have player wearing basic gear when they pvp if this was the case. I do like the idea of more xp, but if its not comparable to other things like control points, still not going to exp in a pvp zone then.

Fister Magee and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  7. Oba Evesor

Oba Evesor Avatar

Wow, whatever ya do dont Google Naked Mage to make a meme for this thread.

I'm a fan of PvP specific rewards or gear sets, but I dont know how it would work in Shroud. If we had a Costume/Vanity slot that we could equip something, even just an aesthic would be cool.
    ESO had it easy with the way they did gear sets and the specific zone for PvP.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  8. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I am not against looting. One thing though that has hindered some is that the "ransom" is the exact thing as "insurance". You pay to keep what you want. What I would suggest is that there be more item decay in the battlefield. I am just spitballing here of course. What I am thinking is that if your equipment takes a beating and cannot be reworn until it is repaired. If you get your armor beaten down to a "submission point" then your armor falls off onto the ground, being freely lootable to anyone. If you die then you still have to pay a ransom on what you wear. I also have proposed for balance sake: NO add on store or pledge rewards be able to be equiped in a pvp area. It cannot be looted and has stats. its a game unbalance. Anything in a pvp area has to be able to be looted. If this is not balanced then the people that have pledge rewards will rule the pvp areas.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Belgtor likes this.
  9. comatoseroses

comatoseroses Avatar

Agreed Rav. 100%

10. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

My views on loot as the risk/reward carrot have changed now that virtue stats are affected by PVP. It's not that you PVP that affects your virtue stats... it's how you PVP that has positive or negative affects on your virtue stats now... loot just isn't the big win anymore as I see it. I think there's a lot going on with PVP behind the scenes right now... I know the Oracle is passing judgment on PVP actions and I'm curious to see how deep this hole goes.

That said... I started rockin pledge armor in PVP scenes... it's like the 99% of the dudes I come across that aren't wearing pledge armor are new players and I always relinquish their ransom.... sooooooooooooooooooooo... if open PVP (scenes and static flags) demanded crafted armor, that'd be cool.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  11. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

thank you! It is totally unfair to have non lootable gear as pvp. may my cone of silence be pierced vicariously by taking to you!

Duke Avery likes this.
  12. comatoseroses

comatoseroses Avatar

Avery, I like that idea a lot. That's exactly what i'm talking about. Forced crafted armor or PvP gear only that people could lose and it wouldn't ruin them. But that way we are working towards/on something substantial. Can we get a dev comment?

13. Maltese

Maltese Avatar

Love PVP. Played PVP in WoW for 3 years. Moved to Guild Wars 2 for playtime over three years (left it to come here). GW2 alone has ten times the number of PvPers..than this game. Why is that? GW2 even offers cash to top arena players.

Why can't I just go up against another player without being looted and pick pocketed?

Those MMORPGS seem to have a huge player versus player following so they must be doing something right?

14. Gix

Gix Avatar

I refuse to participate in a poll that injects the OP's own opinions in the actual choices available.

Govenor Ruin and Fister Magee like this.
  15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I like the pvp system, they should add bgs though that are softcore though (no item loss)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.