Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R34 PvP FEEDBACK

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Abydos, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

We all know that the PvP is very poor and it does not seem to change for the R34.
    The players gave many ideas for improved it but nothing changes.
    It's very unfortunate.

I can understand that Halloween is nice, but it would be nice to work on the PvP.

Come On Devs !

2. Xeethrax

Xeethrax Avatar

I believe @Chris said that R35 was the release where pvp would be shown some love, so hang in there ;)

Meanwhile, it would be great if we could get some skirmishes going on a daily basis, say in Horned Society or Verdantis Shardfall :)

(Kaiser Soze ingame btw)

Duke Avery, Kara Brae and Abydos like this.
  3. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

I love PvP BUT: in a game which is far away from being finished, pvp does not make any sense for me. There is no real balancing between classes and the gap between adventurer Levels is just too big.

4. Xeethrax

Xeethrax Avatar

Balancing PvP is a constant endeavour. Beyond the futility of getting it "just right", as new skills and mechanics are added you mess up that balance again. That shouldn't mean you don't try and keep trying.

As far as level differences are concerned, that's a natural consequence of the chosen leveling/skill system. If we want completely balanced PvP, the best way is probably to make sure everyone is on equal footing upon entering a PvP-scene, by adjusting adventure level and skill levels to eg. 100 and change gear to a preset set of equipment. I think that might do a lot for pvp in general - if "anyone" could enter and be equally competitive without grinding like a maniac to keep up, then presumably more people would pvp. Combined with a set of looping objectives and rewards and I could see pvp thriving.
    You could still keep "unbalanced" pvp zones like shardfalls, though rewards for being there should probably be increased. I think for the current population, there are too many pvp zones .. if you're looking for a fight, your best bet is to hit Verdantis Shardfalls and pray you find someone. The Grunwald one is supposedly "claimed" by House Serenite, but I have yet to encounter a soul in there :) In any case, I dont find any motivation to hit shardfalls beyond trying to find some pvp in its current state. It's not a great idea to spread those very few of us that take occasional breaks from grinding to do some pvp over several zones so we can't find eachother. The K/D list you get upon entering only shows people you've actually met, and although I can see how some people value their privacy - any sort of indication that there are people to be found in the zone would be useful. You can only run through a shardfall that many times before you start giving up on ever finding someone and feel like it's an utter waste of time. I realise this was meant to be a "single player game with multiplayer possibilities", but I still find the lack of tools to interact and socialize kind of appaling. In my opinion, if I want to do something that involves other people, the game should help me do so (however "immersion-breaking" you would argue that is). The game offers very little to help people connect, but that's probably a discussion for another thread.
    I would also love a better system for arena-based combat. A dedicated zone with different sized arenas for 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, etc, with a system in place to start a fight and record the result (optional). Maybe also a common system to host a tournament and add said results to a list and maybe even aid in setting up fights / build brackets / league system? This same system could be made available for people hosting tournys in their homes / basements.
    There are lots of possibilities and a lot of work to be done, but sitting on your hands waiting for a point where the game is "ready" for it is not a great plan. It should be implemented asap and be allowed to be iterated on along with the rest of the game.

Edit: Oh and also, guild wars would be pretty cool to have implemented soon (™).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Abydos likes this.
  5. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

You just dont really like PvP man, it is a fact :D

It's bad to worse, PvPers leave the game at lightning speed !!!!

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  6. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

Maybe SotA isnt designed for pvp.

Weins201 and FrostII like this.
  7. mike11

mike11 Avatar

A game this size pretty much needs a dedicated combat+pvp team. Very little of the 10,000,000 has gone towards quality fundamental design of combat + pvp.. It's disappointing.

8. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Truthfully, how many people are even pvping? I go into the pvp zones to farm and I never see anyone at all. I even started bringing my wife along to farm these areas because the pvp zones are just plain empty.

I am sure the devs can also see that only a very small minority of the player base is even participating in pvp and because of this I just don't see them rushing it any time soon.

FrostII likes this.
  9. Gix

Gix Avatar

I find it funny that people think that, because they present ideas, that the idea is worth implementing or that it doesn't take time to implement.

R34 means they released 34 builds (not counting hotfixes)... do you really expect changes THAT quickly?

It's hard to PvP when the ruleset is ****.

Abydos and Damian Killingsworth like this.
  10. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

at this point in development, 1 v 1 pvp works if both participants are similar in level. As a mid level player, i will pvp as long as i have gold in the bank.

11. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

Maybe! But that's a problem in that one of the selling points during the Kickstarter was meaningful PvP.

Abydos and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Perhaps the issue here is that some of you PvP'rs want a different definition of "meaningful PvP" than what Portalarium has given y0u.

13. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Umm, because you're not the only one in the thread, would be my guess....

14. Korim Rackham

Korim Rackham Avatar

There are no classes.... So they will never be balanced technically

15. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I do not know where Chris says R35 will give PvP some love. If anyone has a link to that it would be great. This is from the Q4 Schedule update however, and there is no mention of pvp in it at all for R35.

Abydos likes this.
  16. TarrNokk

TarrNokk Avatar

As much as I have seen from the game in the last 2 years, I am inclined to say that SotA is no game for pvpers. I was playing many pvp games the last 20 years and only those games with open world pvp had a chance to lure many pvpers to the game. SotA HAS the possibility for pvp...in Arenas. Remember the days in UO before Trammel? Where open world pvp was founded and it was great. Who really wants e-peen measuring in Arenas .... SotA is Trammeldesign: gathering, crafting, selling, pvm.

Abydos likes this.
  17. sdbaynham

sdbaynham Avatar

I've spent a lot of time in shardfalls just PVEing. Come gank me, noobs.

Abydos likes this.
  18. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

NNNNNnnnnnnnooooooooooooo !!!!!

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.