Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Skill consumption of pool

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Zader, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zader

Zader Avatar

I looked but couldn't find this in the patch notes. Please let me know if I missed it!

My Summoning skill is 98. Yesterday when casting it, it would consume about 16k of a 400k adventure pool per cast. Tonight, it was only consuming about 700 XP from a 400k adventure pool per cast.

Balec Fares deCani likes this.
  2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Might want to get your pool over a million and see how it goes.

3. Burzmali

Burzmali Avatar

Similarly, I had been holding steady at around 10k adventurer exp pool but now I am steady increasing, now to over 30k. I haven't turned off any new skills this release.

4. Zader

Zader Avatar

I guess my point is that it was like hitting a brick wall as far as making progress in the skill goes.

I will try raising my pool more and test tonight - but there was definitely a sizable change in R34...on the order of 20x reduction in the amount of XP this skill is allowed to consume for advancement.

Mitara likes this.
  5. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

I noticed that too.

I don't know if it's intended but I would say this : as death decay system is planned for the next release and the XP rush is going too fast, THIS is a smart solution to make XP pools growing before the death decay and to slow down the rush.

With time, it will be balanced.

But it's just my guess.

Fister Magee likes this.
  6. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

Same here, with my current skill settings the pool usually was at ~60K. Now it went up to 130K while my skills are still set to train.

But yea, there also were complaints that ppl (mostly beginners) ran out of XP pool, so maybe that's just the fix for that?

7. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

if this was an attempt to slow down progress i think its good

if this was an attempt to allow players to just play and not "min max" its good

if this was an attempt to make gm worth while party member its good.

if this is a bug i will be disappointed :(

Mitara likes this.
  8. Merlota

Merlota Avatar

If this is intentional, for this entire release training skills above 70-80 is not going to be feasible. With the OP's example numbers it will take 23 casts of summoning in R34 to train the skill as much as one cast did in R33. If that is summon tamed pet with the long cooldown that skill is effectively locked. If that is a different summon skill it is 23x more components to train. I wonder if that applies to crafting skill increases as well. Now we get to grind exp and cannot even spend it.

9. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Crafting skills are still working just as they were I think.

I'd be pretty surprised if this isn't a bug.

10. agra

agra Avatar

Working as intended. They wouldn't make this change un-intentionally. This is 100% there to slow down players trying to get over 75 in any skill.
    Good thing there's already a whole bunch of unpunished exploiters who made it to AL 100 by exploiting that LoS bug in the Rise, right? Yeah. All good... :( Now the rest of us honorable players get to suffer with punitive undocumented changes like this.
    Oh, you wanted to cast/use that 10 times per skill point? no no no no. 100 times, my friend, 100 times. And all those reagent consumption rates? Yeah, they're higher. Enjoy!

11. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Pretty much. This does nothing to help newbies, and forces gains to be made via macros instead of a nice steady draw during adventuring

12. coyotemoon

coyotemoon Avatar

Would be nice if they could list these changes somewhere. like a notes or something whenever they patch.

13. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

You're confusing two issues :
    • exploits which should be punished, as specified by @Berek (personally, I've heard of this but I know nothing of the details so I wont ask for stoning them)
    • the new progression curve which is a good thing in the long term. Game lifetime partialy depends on a slow and worthy progression.
    And as everyone should know, all of this can be reevaluated if necessary.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  14. coyotemoon

coyotemoon Avatar

would be nice to have confirmation that this is working as intended and would be nice if they bothered to put this stealth nerf to stuff in the damn patch notes so we dont have to make useless threads about this stuff.

15. agra

agra Avatar

The undocumented nerfs adjustments wouldn't be there without the unpunished exploiters getting away with it. Just sayin'. ;)

FrostII and Fister Magee like this.
  16. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

What do you mean ? I don't get it.

In my opinion, devs introduced these nerfs after observing general stats. Even the most casual of us were getting up quickly.

I know nothing about the "exploiters" and I do not like to talk about rumors.

17. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

This is really shitty timing for them to reduce the skill gain rate. It really is starting to seem like they don't want me to play their game. They ninja nerfed Air in R33 by increasing the reagent use chance to a point that it's unusable now unless you like going into the negatives with reagent costs. So I was considering switching to Fire or Earth as my main focus now, but now its going to take four times longer to raise those skills up to where my Air skills were? That doesn't sound at all interesting to me and definitely isn't encouraging me to play any longer. If they hadn't made Air cost so damn much, I wouldn't have minded this change. But since my progress has essentially been set back to zero, this really sucks. Re-leveling a character at a 4x slower rate just isn't appealing to me. Not to mention I also have to regear my near perfect gear that I'm wearing to swap to Fire or Earth.

And this ninja nerfing BS needs to stop. As far as I'm concerned, if it's not in the patch notes, it's a bug.

18. Hornpipe

Hornpipe Avatar

You're kidding, right ? 20/30% instead of 10%/20% for stunning damages to be "damn much" ?

19. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

No decay resulting ???

20. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

That's a 50% increase in cost for Chain Lightning and a 100% increase in cost for Lightning. I go through 60 of each reagent before even finishing the loop around Crag Foothills. That's equivalent to 1320 gold before even finishing the loop around that scene.

This change is the reason so many mages are using reagent free decks now or switching to Fire.

Snikorts likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.