Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

No need of food / Too much money ingame / too easy game

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Mart Huntington, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mart Huntington

Mart Huntington Avatar

Well, in my opinion the game ís still to easy.

I still can kill 9 thugs in 5 skull areas, an im not "op", cause i spent the most time in crafting and mining.
    So just a little pause between fights and everything is fine.

There was one patch where making gold was difficult, this was good, why portalarium changed it back?
    Now it seems ( only testet short) that droprates of nickel and tungsten decreased, if so good!
    But pls write this in patch notes and decrease weapon selling rates too again!

Pls make the game more sophisticated. Pls make group play more sense, not only xp in group, perhaps totally areas like 6 skull where at least 2 people needed to kill mobs and gather things. At this time there is noo need to group, exept the"bosses" or dungeons mabe. Yes Bonearmor is the first step, but i really want to enjoy go hunting and gathering my dayly needs in party. Perhaps with faster respawn of materiasl and mobs when playing together than playing solo.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  2. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

I don't agree. You have to consider casual players, too who maybe can only play for an hour or maybe not even that a day. How will a casual player advance through the story if he has to spent all of his time grinding or making gold etc.?

uhop, Dane Sardock, Arianna and 6 others like this.
  3. Nadomir

Nadomir Avatar

What is easy for one is nearly impossible for the other. I play this game since persitence and still have much to learn about it, but I don't see myself as a complete newbie anymore. But still I can barely stand my ground at the entrance of the Elysium Mines, not to talk about actually entering them to mine there. I can only play for a couple of hours per week and want to enjoy the game. Up to now I had to spend way too much time grinding for money and xp. That's not really what I understand as fun. I like challenges and to earn my rewards... but the way to mastering my choosen path as healer and tailor should also be fun. I do enough hard work at work, this here I do for my recreation. I don't say it should be too easy, but making everything a pain in the ... behind... no, that's not fun.

uhop, Lord Barugon, 4EverLost and 4 others like this.
  4. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

If you keep in bragging about killing 9 thugs in 5 skull zones is too easy, eventually we will end up having them becoming Grey mark forest.

If you find the place too easy, perhaps try the outer skirts of Vauban pass and let folks who enjoy the 9 thugs zone to continue enjoying the game at least until there are more harder stuff introduced?

uhop, Katrina Bekers, Chatele and 4 others like this.
  5. Fungus

Fungus Avatar

I played as a duo with a mate last night in a chilled out session without using food and didn't die (know doubt by luck more than judgement) in the time we skinned / gathered resources over a 2hr period the only change to my gameplay style was to come out of combat more often to regen.

I was very worried about the regen rates but not so now; I think they need tweaking to be slightly slower to encourage folks to use food more often or vendors will have low level buff stock rotting on their shelves. I do think Portalarium got the regen rate right for this release to ease people into the concept and potential reductions in rates in later releases so i for one applaud them for listening to players initial concerns.

I'm yet to go and try harder stuff solo but hopefully changes currently implemented will make it harder for power gamers to solo some content available but any trip into a tough area, dungeon or mine should have consequences and if you aren't high enough to solo in a mine for resources then you need to focus on build before attempting whatever amount of game time you have available, make it count, for example I can't solo in in The Rise yet, but I hope to at some point I will do.
    SotA will be here for a long time yet hopefully and it's not a race to be a GM in 100 skills within 6 months, treat it like the life span of UO which many of us still play 19yrs on *cough* free shards (I love Renaissance) or official servers.

6. Halvard

Halvard Avatar

With you a 100% my play time has gone from 8h ours a day to 0. Sincerely hope they get it together for launch, the alpha got to be too much for me to handle :(

Abydos likes this.
  7. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Imagine, there is no Decay !!!

8. Aliana Berry

Aliana Berry Avatar

I am going to add my 2 pennys worth in here. I understand noone wants the game to be to easy. What all the old die hard UO fans need to remember is that this is now a time of alot more games on the internet and alot more choices out there.
    Make the game 2 hard and as we have already seen players will just stop playing. I was enjoying this game, but over the course of these 2 patches, I find that I do not even want to play anymore. Group stuff should be by choice and not forced on you. there is nothen rong with been a UO fan, but please think "Do you want a game that is so hard and only a few will play or a slightly easer game that lots will play?". Remember servers cost money to run. Not enough players often = not enough money to keep the game going. Me for one would want a game with lots of players.

Oh and as for the rise. Me and my guild leeder went there before this patch. I am GM archer and he is meely dps with healing. We died over and over. I thought it was a pritty hard place then, now we would stand no hope.

9. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

People here are complaining that there are only very few players to play with in the game, yet they demand the game to be harder and harder and more hardcore. That there is PvP everywhere, best with full loot, that it should be hard to get gold or EXP, that this and that should be hard and that everything should take a very long time...
    Sometimes I think that those people who are demanding this somehow are stuck in time, about 20 years ago. Most people don't want to play such hard games - yes there are some very few exceptions. And if most people don't want to play ultra-hard games why should SotA suddenly get more players when it gets harder and harder to play?
    Some players here a pushing the game into a very small niche and wonder why there are only few people playing...

uhop, Dane Sardock, Chatele and 2 others like this.
  10. Mart Huntington

Mart Huntington Avatar

Everyone should have fun in the game thats clear.

But it has to be balanced. There is an offline mode or single player online mode where the story can kept easy. Why there cant´t be a stronger multiplayer mode?

I do no PVP, i do only PVE. Why i want it harder? Because it makes more fun for me.
    If i wanted it easy, i can play Diablo, Minecraft or just play an offline game, but not an MMO ( yes i know, sota is not generally a typical MMO)

I dont understand why ppl say its too hard. you have 1-5 skull areas and can play in the right one for you.

In real life you can´t affort a house by working 2 hours weekly, in sota you can.
    You can also do 3k gold/1,5 h farming in the rigt lvl 1 or 2 skull area ( if you are a little bit higher).

Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    4EverLost and Lord Baldrith like this.
  11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Game in general is WAY to easy 2 months in and to many players asking for more since they have already reach "End Game" levels :-(

12. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

It is a hard thing to balance.
    You don't want to scare away casual players who don't have time to grind and you don't want to scare away the hardcore gamers who are already complaining that this game is too easy.

If you cater to the hardcore gamers only then SotA might not have anough players to keep it alive for a long time. If you cater to the casual gamers you don't have a sophisticated enough player base on which you can rely on... I don't know how the devs plan to balance this without alienating one or the other group.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  13. dp_dropout

dp_dropout Avatar

I've been playing solo since launch, no grouping at all. I can only manage a 3-skull zone 1 mob at a time and even then some mobs like spiders are on my avoid-at-all-cost list. The difficulty is ok-ish, borderline too hard for casual players like myself, but I'm not complaining.
    I'll start complaining when decay will come into effect.

4EverLost, Chatele and Olthadir like this.
  14. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Thugs camp pulls are the easiest AoE fodder. Can't pick that as an example of the 'state of the game'

Although if all the flanking mobs spammed you with L80 Sneak Attacks, you likely would be bitching too

15. Aliana Berry

Aliana Berry Avatar

1 I played this game nearly most of the day and I have alot of xp and skill. I must add I have been out farming in my fav place UpperTears today and I had no problems soloing. Bug then everything in T4 and some T5s are green to me.
    2 If I wanted to play an offline game, there are way better offline games to play, but I do not want to play offline.
    3 I am just saying there has to be a balance between to hard and to easy. So example everyone cryed that WOW was to easy. So Wildstar was made and they made it hard like the early days of wow. Hardly anyone plays now because they say its to hard and the bugs did not help.

So its simple hard empty game that only a few play or something in between that keep more happy.

uhop likes this.
  16. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Maybe the solution would be to put in a dungeon, that was very LONGGGGGGG, took hrs just to explore, and would scale down to the players lvl, (or to how many in paryt 1 solo, to 2 group, SO it would always be just right and a challange, if you want harder, there could also be an option before enter a dungeon, a (master mode) (extremely hard) for the hard core players. problem solved. Good for the solo players, good for the group players, and good for the ones who think this game is too easy .....

4EverLost likes this.
  17. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    Well I'm been reading all these threads about how easy it was to level. So I thought maybe it's time to go into a two skull zone and stop being a puss. HA I got killed by two mean looking large skeletons . So no its not that easy at leased for me.

uhop and 4EverLost like this.
  18. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

Level scaling would be a solution, just like The Elder Scrolls Online will do it in the upcoming One Tamriel update. Everyone can do everything in the game, no matter the level etc. It creates a good flow and lets casual players have fun every time they log into the game.

19. GreyMouser Skye

GreyMouser Skye Avatar

One person's easy is another person's hard, until they learn that one trick or skill path that helps. Long time players inherently know to look for the trick/path.
    Solo games have easy, normal, hard, and crazy options for a reason since they know people need the challenge level they like best.
    That said, everyone in multi plays together so the level options are inherent in the skull zones. But the biggest thing to take away is that there is no race! It is not a who gets there first. Play at your own pace and enjoy at your own pace. If you are worried about taxes because you are casual, then rent or live out of the bank, it is not a problem.

I for one think that I am a medium time player and should not be able to craft absolutely everything already and enchant as well, plus hold my own in a T4 zone. Yet I can. Only 2 months, I think that is too easy.

P.S. imbalance causes rapid rise for those who look for it. Those who do not suffer when they read about the nerfs in the patch notes. I will likely delete character when launch arrives so I can play a balanced and fun game from the start. (Fingers crossed).

20. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I'd agree with either adding level scaling or a difficulty selection menu upon entering a scene. That way casual players have an easier mode for what they can handle and hardcore players have the option to push their limits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.