1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Release 33 Lot Deed Raffle Winners

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Berek, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

so are we forced to just destroy the tickets or are we going to be allowed to trade them to a vendor

Fister Magee likes this.
  2. EclipseMaiden

EclipseMaiden Avatar

Surprise surprise rich get richer and bigger guilds get more deeds =)

Prince Guni and Josh Randall like this.
  3. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

I bought 4 PAD tickets on the first day because I had 40K gold on me at a time when the economy was real tight. So I did good to get a win. All I knew was that this was the first one, and the economy was tight, so there would be less participation, and I had to at least buy into this one.

They are trying to get people settled in housing who weren't part of the initial pledge backing. So that the world won't be so empty. Those who paid money got 1: tax free deeds (some with the privilege to place on water lots), or 2: an assurance that they would 100% have a lot. This was in exchange for Portalarium getting money when they needed it. This is now a second stage of rewards, where you can get a chance at lot deeds in exchange for actually being in the game before official release.

And while this may lower the real money value of lots for now, that's only because of how (relatively) few are playing right now. Once the game is properly released and people come in, they will be just as in demand, and probably much more so than now.

But real money value is NOT the point of lot deeds, it's so that people can have them when they play the damn game.

Womby, Spoon and Sara Dreygon like this.
  4. nonaware

nonaware Avatar

i am a solo player and 3rd biggest winner by number of pot deeds i think? i earned all the gold in game by trading and grinding my pure little heart out.

the same way i managed to get a viking village bundle :p

Vrunk Hrrk, Womby, Elwyn and 9 others like this.
  5. Toff

Toff Avatar

Yes, I see your point. It still seems like a lot of deeds, but I have no reference to base what a "Lot" of deeds are. I don't know the Active player numbers or the total accounts sold. The more I thought about it though, we might have a large number of active players who don't have houses and will not buy them from the add-on store either. These players don't have many reasons to buy COTO's, so by giving them taxes to pay will help soak some gold out of the game and provide PORT with some more Cash spent on COTO's. So this may not be as some suggest (Help the rich get richer) but instead is to fleece the poor....... well done PORT. ;)

6. Linthu

Linthu Avatar

Grats winners!!!

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  7. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I almost considered buying under another name, I pooled with 3 other people and we spent 100% of our gold. Won less than half the tickets we expected to.

Ultimately it helps my POT though as people can then live there and just pay the rent on the deed.

Duke Gréagóir and Bom like this.
  8. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Remember, it was only until right around wipe that Port put up POT-only deeds, after realizing just how much potential there was in POTs after all. They only added 75 PAD deeds on top of some four thousand, half of which (1963) were taxable (Group 91).

600 new POT deeds may sound like they're "flooding the market", but you have to properly define what "the market" is. The big winners in this raffle were the POT owners who wanted a town full of people. And there are well over 250 POTs, so that's still barely 2-3 lots per POT.

And that's exactly what I thought when I saw that you mostly won POT deeds.

This may also free up some PAD deeds from people who wanted to live in a POT all along.

Bom and Toff like this.
  9. Sinomin

Sinomin Avatar

20 tickets and 0 wins. Total waste of gold.

gtesser likes this.
  10. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Anyone who doesn't want fleeced and forced to pay COTOs for their winnings can PM me a price on the taxable lot you won. Remember to price it as if I'm helping you.

A decade ago, I won the Powerball lottery for nearly 250 million. I ended up having to pay over 100 million in taxes. Disgusting how the Government and Powerball are only out to make money off the poor. I could barely survive on the remaining 150 million.

(The above Powerball statement could be 100% fiction, but my offer to buy those FREE deeds is 100% truthful. PM me a good offer, paying cash.)

Bom, Ronan, Elwyn and 2 others like this.
  11. jutman

jutman Avatar

just look at the house and lot listings forums... notice a lot of newly acquired deeds are out and being sold and traded =] Will only just drive tax free deeds up higher in price once people realize how much paying taxes will suck... just like in real life!!

Greyfox and Fister Magee like this.
  12. Toff

Toff Avatar

Elwyn, all good and valid points.

13. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

Not me - not interested in havning multiple - I see no reason to do so

I'm satisfied with the 1 tax free row deed I have - would have like to get a larger one, but this will suffice

After all, I'm not greedy and don't sell pixels for money - even though I buy them LOL

14. jutman

jutman Avatar

your over there having money... I'm over here wanting it... its just simple economics...
    I have pixels!!

15. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

Whew that was nerve racking!! Gotta tell you I am so excited about getting a lot deed, running around looking for a perfect spot was a lot of fun!! I'll post a pic later of my new spot.

sorry for all the folks who did not get a lot deed.

Vrunk Hrrk, Adam Crow, Bom and 2 others like this.
  16. Sean Silverfoot

Sean Silverfoot Avatar

Congrats to all winners and Thanks to Port for including PoT deeds, last I saw from the census was about 190 PoT's without anyone placed in them.
    nice to see an effort to help make them of use.

17. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

18. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

Same here, work my butt out killing to gather 200k, bought 40 Tickets, won 12 lots, 4 Town, 2 Villages and 6 rows !

19. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I have a PoT that has dozens of open (and free) lots, I have advertised heavily on this site and not one person has moved in. They need to give out more PoT lots to people who dont have a lot at all so there will be an actual posh into PoT's tht largely get crud for support as it is.

20. Soylent Green

Soylent Green Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.