Overhead map travel slowdown ...why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NZguzzi, Sep 29, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

It's why we have /bug so we can walk it for them and report the spots they missed as we are the many compared to them the few. Probably faster for them that way too.

Ice Queen and nonaware like this.
  2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

If walking slowly on the overworld is somehow an adventure for you, fine. You might also be interested in the Keypad / , which let's you walk even slower. I'm sure you'd find that quite immersive.
    And mounts will be coming (maybe) sometime in Episode 2. So, let this crawling on the overworld happen AFTER those mounts get here, not before.

Gamician, Denzel, Leelu and 5 others like this.
  3. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Unfair to label the desire to reduce or eliminate slow game play characteristics as "instant gratification" and anti-immersion. I crave immersion in all sorts of contexts in this game. Just to beat the dead horse one more time, I don't equate slow travel/boredom even remotely with immersion. In fact, to me, it destroys my immersion.

BTW I've been here over 2 years and I've never known RG to post more than rarely. I suspect he posts rarely because he's occupied doing other things, not because he's bummed out about the MMO crowd.

4. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

And if YOU think that walking slowly across a boring overworld map equates to "immersion and depth", then I do not know what to tell YOU !

5. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I am not bored doing it.

6. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Well thats the beauty of forums. You can think what you want, as well as i can.

7. moko

moko Avatar

I advise you to try some dense woods and mountains, the slow down is very much noticeable there. E.g. travel to Fortus End. Desolis to Colossus is pretty much all flat terrain, you're right that there is not much change there. The problem is for all the people in POTs far off the beaten path through forests.

FrostII, Bamboozle, Cally and 2 others like this.
  8. Toadster

Toadster Avatar

It's funny reading these posts and seeing the answers people provide.

The MMO community asking for options, let that be the speed for single player people but give me alternatives before changing it.

The immersion Group. This is how it is live with it.

People need to keep an open mind in this, there are options for us that will not take away from your immersion. And all of those suggestions have been made and could be built in.

And for me Random Encounters are not immersive at all. I tend to think of myself as a little bit more intelligent than a dog from 'UP' chasing Squirels. If I have a place to get I am not going to jump off the road at every pretty shiny I see, I am going to get there.

I don't see myself in this game as some stumbling buffoon that can't walk through a forest faster than a snail's pace and not hit trees.

Immersion is in the eyes of who is playing so keep an open mind, if everyone agreed on making this optional in multiplayer then it would not take from anyone but would give to some. And if everyone agreed maybe the Devs would listen and make it happen.

Gamician, Cally, Budner and 1 other person like this.
  9. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

Well said, to many people for far to many years playing far to easy games.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  10. Xandra7

Xandra7 Avatar

Those who are hurt the most with this snail pace overland crawl, are folk with low carry capacity. Fortunately I do not have to worry to much about that, but I wonder if its being overlooked that not everyone has 300++ backpack space.

Cally and cobran like this.
  11. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

They said eventually there will be items to increase your speed when moving off road, so it's really just an issue right now until those items exist.

Cally, Ravicus Domdred and 4EverLost like this.
  12. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

And until those items exist, give us a break on the snail's pace please...
    Give the Single players slooooo overworld travel because they like it somehow, let them "immerse" themselves in it - but give the rest of us in this MMO a break and go back to R33 overworld speeds for the bulk of us who stay in Friends/Multi.

13. docdoom77

docdoom77 Avatar

Besides Lord Darkmoon, you will have hard time finding a bigger proponent of the "single player experience," and the LAST thing I want is to move slowly. I don't understand this idea that it's "for the single player people." I hate mmo's and I hate tedium nearly equally. I want to move around quickly and decent methods of fast travel and I want it all for single player.

14. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

Unless the challenge is to stay awake, something that can be done by a 5 year old isn't challenging no matter how slow it is.

Hopefully the roving encounter stuff will be fun, but right now this is just extra snooze time. I'm also not really sure what's immersive about being slowed down by...grass. I'm on foot, not in a wagon.

docdoom77, Cally, Leelu and 3 others like this.
  15. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

there are many in this thread that rely on emotional outbursts. They dictate that most of "us and we and them arguments". These are strawmen. They rely on emotion to turn you to guilt to get the point across. So again, be stalwart, express your own opinion, do not fall victim to the strawmen argument saying "we and them" to bolster arguments. Its just a desperate ploy to get you to feel sorry for them.

Sephros and Tahru like this.
  16. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

they are working on more content for the roving encounters. It will have more diversity and challenges later on. We are not officially launched yet.

17. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

I'm ok with an overland speed slowdown. I personally would like to see more encounters, and an even slower speed than we have now. Make my trip from A to B something I have to think about and plan for.

NRaas and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  18. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

Agreed 100%

19. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

You realize you just posted the EXACT thing you are criticizing in your post LOL?

FrostII, Leelu, Ice Queen and 2 others like this.
  20. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

nope, I do not. Show me?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.