Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Reccomended specs for SOTA?

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Miganarchine, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

I am running round Ardoris trying to do the Love and murdered child quests and I am having frame rates on a 980ti of 20 at best, How are you going to get frame rates down with so many people adding as many poly models as they wish to their houses?, It truly is painful to play and I am a backer and fan, but the line has to be drawn somewhere, Ardoris is a main rpg town and any new players coming to this town are gonna weep and quit and go back to ESO and other games that handle frame rates better than Sota
    I think you are ruining the game for any new buyers, what are your plans for better frame rates for such towns? and do you even care about new players or is it all about the Whales?

2. Mobidoy Querrent

Mobidoy Querrent Avatar

Recommended specs is patience. Still in development, no real optimization done yet.

3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

maybe a new option is needed

Player Owned Content/Houses:
    → Load
    → Load Only When On Property
    → Do Not Load

maybe if we can choose to load or not load Player Owned Content/Houses then it might improve framerate and reduce lag...

4. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

Yeah right that's it polish was done they said so, scale back the player lots to increase the frame rate, It's the only way. It's the worst area in game in my opinion.

5. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

Although I understand your view and idea it all adds to the loading times something other open worlds do not suffer from.

Kabalyero likes this.
  6. Selat

Selat Guest

Even in ESO, if some house is coming, they probably are going to make the neighborhood in a separate zone, like we have in Lotro. Decoration in real time inside a functional city, with NPCs and quests, craft stations around and such, is a hell of resources.

7. Ravalox

Ravalox Chief Cook and Bottle Washer Moderator SOTA Developer

Housing in ESO will be instanced; so no neighborhoods.

8. Selat

Selat Guest

A separate space (shard) in terms of performance is very good. I think the MMO Rift uses player house in the same way, instanced.

9. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am getting 90+fps in most places. It has steadily gotten better. If you are getting 20 at best, your video card may need an update.

10. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

lol @ ESO reference...

but yeah, you cant optimize an unfinished product. most of the qualms people have with this game arise from lack of understanding how software is developed, though I suppose that is to be expected. optimizing now = much, much more pain later, and way, way slower development over time. i would expect complex scenes to be very sluggish and laggy until we are close to the final release of episode 1.

11. Miganarchine

Miganarchine Avatar

90 fps! what card you using 1080 x2 sli?

12. Davelington

Davelington Avatar

Thank your lucky stars that you aren't running this on Mac. I'm using a Mac Pro 12 core and in Ardoris at times I am dropping below 1 fps. And no, that isn't a typo.

13. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Ironically yes, but it is at max settings. There still are places where the game freezes, but I actually think those are network bound, usually high places where you can see a lot of houses. My statement was not saying you need this configuration, but I got very good (60+) FPS with my previous single 980 ti card. In fact, I would say the experience from that card and my current setup is negligible in this game.

Miganarchine likes this.
  14. Selat

Selat Guest

Play The Witcher 3 on your machine will be amazing, plus, a great history. :)
    Some kicks are happening because of the online nature, even ESO have few moments with lag, few. Now, Ardoris and Brittany, only the future to see the improvements... heavy places for me.

Tahru likes this.
  15. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I am in a really great mood today from work, so I have actually taken your advice and picked up that game. Thanks!

Ravicus Domdred and Selat like this.
  16. Selat

Selat Guest

Amazing game, is a open world with a great history, check the game of the year edition, with all dlcs and final expansion.

Tahru and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  17. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

The game is still largely CPU bound, not GPU bound.

You can have a twin Titan X setup, but if it's paired with a single-core Celeron...

18. mike11

mike11 Avatar

i7 here and Ardoris performance is quite bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.