Housing Tax Question

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Rathmir, Oct 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rathmir

Rathmir Avatar

Hi I'm new to the game and am enjoying it so far. I spent basically everything I had for a 5k housing raffle ticket and I actually won a row house!

Now I understand it is 500 gold a day tax but I cant seem to figure out how to actually pay the taxes. I figured there would be a way to add gold into an escrow or something from the stone out front of my house but I don't see anything to do that. does it just come right out of my bank?

Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Tap U to bring up the deed menu. You can add credit by clicking the add credit button. The top slider allows you to apply gold, the bottom slider applies crowns at a rate of 3500 gold per crown.

Once you have done this, you then need to select the deed itself and pay taxes from the gold credit you now have in your tax window.

Yes, it's a little cumbersome.

3devious, Numa, Thwip and 10 others like this.
  3. Timmy Vortex

Timmy Vortex Avatar

Welcome to the game Rathmir !!

Pikegirl, Acred, Mata and 1 other person like this.
  4. Rathmir

Rathmir Avatar

Thanks for the help! I can't believe I couldn't figure that out. This game has a lot of complexity to it....and I like that.

5. Frederick Glasgow

Frederick Glasgow Avatar

What wasn't clearly pointed out besides your how to pay your taxes question should have been, Gold Crowns are selling below 1300 gold by most people. You can buy one Gold Crown for 1200-1300 gold, but paying taxes with it pays 3500 gold worth of taxes. So you get more for your money at the moment by paying taxes with Gold Crowns,never with in game gold. This may change in the future,but right now, never use in game gold to pay taxes.

Numa, Thwip, Birko and 7 others like this.
  6. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome and Congratulations Rathmir!

Acred and firesparx like this.
  7. Acred

Acred Avatar

Welcome to Shroud of the Avatar, @Rathmir !

And so good to hear that you now have a home. :D

Mata likes this.
  8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Welcome Rathmir to Shroud of the Avatar and yay congratulations on your win. Yes there is a lot of complexity to the game. Let me know if I can help anytime. I'm Majoria in game :)

Birko and Mata like this.
  9. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

But do be mindful of the costs of in-game gold. As GCOTOs are consumed and numbers of deeded players increase, the price of a COTO is going to go up. By all means, do use them to save money, but do not let that savings fool you into thinking you can afford something more than you really can. Having a row lot is pretty good though, and if you've no immediate concerns about getting something bigger, then you should be fine!

NRaas likes this.
  10. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

@Rathmir

Welcome to the game and I hope you find a nice balance between Coto and gold.

As said, the economy now allow Coto to give you a discount on rent as it only cost about 1.1k gold versus having to pay several times more if using just pure in game gold.

Wayfarer likes this.
  11. RETIRED_DAWG

RETIRED_DAWG Avatar

I have a question...being new, I have found a few player towns that have free housing....when I go and try to claim any of them, it tells me that I need to pay taxes...then I have a button for add credit...when I click on that, it tells me I need to own a lot or be in debt...how the heck can i claim a lot...thnx for the help

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi I commented to you in another thread. I know acquiring housing in this game is complex. Let me know when you are in game and I would be happy to help you. Just friend majoria. Our friends list is the f key. Type majoria then enter to add.

13. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

Do you have a lot deed? If you're just trying to claim a lot with a runic FOR SALE on the sign, you need a lot deed first. There are many ways to acquire these, and a few types of lot deeds too.

14. ng_dominic

ng_dominic Avatar

By the way, why would a tax free lot deed available in the game?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.