How many non lot owners won a lot?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jace3, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

I saw the list of all the winners. I wondered how many players that did not have lots before this lottery won a lot deed?
    I thought the intent of the raffle was to help those without deeds get a lot? I am sure it was also to create a gold sink. But more important to help those out that were lot less.
    I am happy for the winners no matter if they had a lot or not. I just hope many of those winners that did not have a lot were lucky enough to win one. Congratulations to all of you.

Fiero, Xandra7, Time Lord and 2 others like this.
  2. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

Good question, I'd like to see as many non-owners as possible. I also hope that those who won many lots will sell some for a reasonable gold price so new players can earn them.

edit: I should mention that I think the end-game for property is that they become rare and pricey, but for the next year or so I think building the community is FAR more important than anything else. This drives my hope that people sell for a reasonable price and/or the future raffles are held in such a way that properties are more evenly distributed.

Cassandra Corax, Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  3. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

my one ticket failed me... huhuhu... but there is always next time... ^_^

4. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

I farmed gold at roughly 2000 gold per hour, and spent 120k in tickets *roughly*. So that's about a full work week in order to get a single row lot. It would have been cheaper to just work a second job for 40 hours and buy a tax free Viking lot of some kind. But it'd have been nowhere near as fun. :)

Good luck to you next round.

5. Bom

Bom Avatar

Through trade, deeds will end up in the hands of the players that want them whether they bought tickets or not.

6. Katrina Bekers

Katrina Bekers Localization Team

I believe you have their priorities backward.

FIRST a gold sink. THEN the kickstart for a second tier economy. LAST, a fair chance to give homeless a shelter.

Also, I didn't win any!

Probably has something to do with the fact I didn't purchase any ticket. *ponder*

I plan to correct this mistake next raffle.

Sean Silverfoot, Kaisa, Leelu and 3 others like this.
  7. Jace3

Jace3 Avatar

Maybe they have their priorities backwards? :)

8. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

nah sinking gold is always the top priority in any market, not giving to the poor lol

9. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

From a gaming perspective... "Hu o_O?"
    Giving to the poor is a strange perspective to have. I think it only delayed any gold sink it could have been. It's not giving anything away. None of those large amount lot winners will ever place and pay taxes on "all those lots". In many ways, this only delayed any gold sinks to be usable, because they are no longer sinks if unused.

It's not just a few who thinks this way I'm sure, but if hose lots are not placed, then there is no gold sink use for them.

The only way I see this as becoming viable for anyone is "with the one", in being able to either sell them, which takes no gold from the economy and using these lots as incentive for players to move into their POT, while outright selling at higher profit for the anywhere lots. Either way, this delays the gold sinks they could be and the player incentive for more people to actively play our game, which they would need then to become or be active in order to afford the taxes on them.

"But gold sink this was not", when considering there were no limits placed as to how many a player could obtain.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Game thinking and not real world thinking applies here...
    ~Time Lord~o_O

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
  10. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

well tbh I thought the first draw wasn't until the end of October, and then found out the first draw was in September like 8 hours before the draw.. so I bought 2 tickets for the PoT draw and ended up winning a village lot :D

I'd like to say I didn't have a lot deed prior to winning, but a buddy lent me a tax free place anywhere row lot deed right before i bought the tickets so... still I think the system works! Gold sank and deeds for newbs like me! Huzzah!
    no no no no no no no no. yes. yes to that on saturday morning.

Elwyn, Kara Brae, rild and 4 others like this.
  11. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

I know I myself have many friends that now have so many lots they can't afford them all now and those "Lordy Scepters" :p are now becoming extremely useful...

One of the things I was looking at "in not participating" is that I'm not using, yet have placed all 4 of my tax free deeds "and I only actually use a single drop box at only one of them" o_O...
    ~Time Lord~:D

Kara Brae likes this.
  12. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

and this

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Lifedragn

Lifedragn Avatar

Was a winner. I did not have a lot before.

Kara Brae, Vrunk Hrrk, Bom and 3 others like this.
  14. Josh Randall

Josh Randall Avatar

Simple answer - not enough - IMO this raffle was a real joke and sham for those without lots

If they want to make it up to those without, give everyone who doesn't have a lot a free lot without this ridiculous raffle business

15. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

That actually looks like more fun than this raffle was :D
    One of the wisest players once said to me, "So where's the fun part begin around here?" o_O

I've begun to understand that there is, has been and will continue to be an information leak coming from some players that never post a question here in our forums or ask any questions during our telethons and deep dives. When I see such strange counterproductive behavior coming from our Portalarium while some players position themselves in the seemingly knowing advantageous positions they do, I always wonder if these are "company employed players" or those that company people postulate advantage with. I deduce these assumptions based on information which has not been released, showing up on outside web sites.

Being a public information minded player, this can't effect but to sadden me "because we here that come to the official SOTA forums, are the greater public venue for such information".
    I don't truly care that this is happening to the point of having any heart felt bad feelings towards Portalarium for this, because information security and dispensing is just an added hassle for any company to have to cope with. Yet there are obviously snakes in their pits that are not as "confidential" as they should be, or should be trusted to be.

These players are alien to our forums community and are becoming counterproductive to our game's relationship with we, the greater body of their constituent players. Much of this (beyond the obvious of them) comes in the form of how many media outlets are in use for dispensing and discussing our game's future content.

As artists, our Portalarium shouldn't have to fill their minds with industrial informational security as long as such information leaks are not effecting advantage for individual players which could harm our game, perpetrated by those players with nothing but personal real world $$$ advantage in mind".

This situation currently being discussed smacks of such a thing that has been done, because it harmed our game by taking away one of it's largest gold sinks and encouragements for more players to have become more continually involved in playing our game.

The most healthy thing we can do is...
    Get use to disappointment
    [​IMG]
    It made sense for Portalarium some way to have done it this way...
    ~Time Lord~;)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Fiero and Xandra7 like this.
  16. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

@Berek actually hired me on as an honorary moderatalater to demonstrate what inappropriate behavior looks like, and although he's not paying I don't mind throwing in the occasional lewd joke or comment, especially after 7 days of quitting smoking!!! The staff has even been nice enough to make me look at the door every time I have to wait for my focus to regen now, and by bringing my DPS down to about 33% of it's former glory, there is an added frustration for which I am extremely grateful, as it's given me a little extra pride every time I don't smoke under these conditions that I needed to overcome such a terrible addiction!

Alas, I think I've said too much!

17. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Well i noticed quite a few names of people who already have lot deeds and so my hopes of ever getting my own has disappeared. To me its not balanced at all to who wins. Hubby had two tickets he bought but won nothing. Unless i am looking at this wrong. I thought they were for this release. So pardon my confusion. Just seems like we wasted alot of time and gold for nothing. He said he still has his tickets in his inventory and they say R33. So still totally confused how this works

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

Good luck... I've donated my body to cigarette research :p and I practice self moderation ;)...

Go see the good people on this thread...
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...ut-all-my-gold-into-raffle.65286/#post-668902
    They are a very nice batch of people and close admired friends of mine ;)
    They are a virtuous people full of fun that you can find nowhere else the way that they do it.
    ~Time Lord~:)

jammaplaya likes this.
  19. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

I'd like to see a raffle where only non-land owners could buy tickets. And only for accounts created earlier than a month before the raffle. With one lot win per account possible. This doesn't have to be the new norm in raffles, but at least once or twice it'd be nice to see happen.

Vidgrip, Fiero, Xandra7 and 1 other person like this.
  20. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

I must say that does sound a little unfair for all those players who already own land and backed the game in 2013 when the prices were triple what you can pay now!!

Bom, NullnVoid and Time Lord like this.
  21. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

what probably should have happened is the giving of free tickets to everyone during the first raffle, and not the second. Right??

NullnVoid and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.