Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Downloading client

Discussion in 'Release 34 Feedback Forum' started by Paqtys, Oct 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paqtys

Paqtys Avatar

It's been a week now and I'm still trying to download the client. At first I was able to download it over 2 evenings but then the next evening I launched the client and it started updating again, from 0-484. That was 4 days ago and at some point it was finally done but the client appeared to hang so I restarted it and it's now at 0 out of 484 again and I estimate it'll be done somewhere in the next couple of days, what am I doing wrong? Surely there is some link to download the latest client at 4-5mb/s but I didn't find it, any links very appreciated.

2. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

Uninstall your client, reboot, then re-download and install. If that doesn't do it you'll probably have to uninstall, delete everything associated with SOTA (registry entries/etc) and then reboot and try again.

3. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Install it through steam?

4. The Hendoman

The Hendoman Avatar

keerist, the only troubleshooting is uninstall and reinstall? what is this, 1991? We have to do better with troubleshooting.

first, you need to make sure you have a good internet connection. Next, don't have anything else running when you download, like go ctrl alt delete and do some internet research on what is important and not, and end all those bs processes. It sounds like you have a) 3rd world country internet speed, or b) other crap interrupting sota from d-loading. I've noticed that sota needs a clear signal. if i have anything running tsr-like, it makes a 45 second startup last over two minutes. Crazy for a game being built in 2016 to have issues like this. new game design blues? new tech achievement blues? none of them apply here, this is like 5 year+ old tech already.

anyway, try that, and see if you get a better download

THE HENDOMAN

5. Bluefire

Bluefire Avatar

DNR is simpler than going through a list of possibly hundreds of processes to determine what should and should not be running. I agree, though, that there should be some self-healing in the client to assist with overcoming issues. Hopefully that will eventually make it down the pipeline!

I would agree with running a simple speed test first.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.