1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

Lot Deed Raffle Update (R33 and R34)

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Draven2

Draven2 Avatar

I've logged in... gone to a bank... hit claim...
    Is the lottery ticket an actual item? Should I see it either in the bank or in my inventory?
    Am I missing something?

I don't have an existing deed/house/land.

Rikitikitavi likes this.
  2. Rikitikitavi

Rikitikitavi Avatar

I too...

3. rild

rild Avatar

Yes, I have had several friends ask me about claiming their tickets - they have been unable to obtain them thus far.

Everything I've read indicates they would be in on release launch, but I may be mistaken.

I assume they are not in yet (lots of time left, after all) - but a clarification would be most welcome.

Lord Lew, Shadow and Senash Kasigal like this.
  4. icyplains

icyplains Avatar

I was stuck in the tutorial on the 29th (Mac OS issues) and finally finished the tutorial last night after installing Windows via bootcamp. I ran to the bank and hit claim rewards and did not get a ticket either. I'm not sure if it is because I was stuck in the tutorial for the launch of R34. I'm a brand new player.

5. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

@DarkStarr, will we be able to do something with the old raffle tickets -- like use them as decorations -- or are they just taking up bank space?

6. Davon

Davon Avatar

I'm having the same problem as some others seem to have. I've never had a deed. I logged in went to the bank claimed my rewards but there are no raffle tickets in my in-game inventory or in my account on this website. Did I misunderstand something or do something the wrong way or what? FYI: I'm defined as a "Second Responder" or "Royal Founder".

7. Draven2

Draven2 Avatar

Ok... so... either this isn't working as we are expecting it to because it's broken... or our expectations are incorrect.
    There's been a patch and I tried again and nothing has changed.
    Perhaps we need to lodge a ticket?
    Do they monitor the forums or are we supposed to lodge an error for these things? Anyone know?

8. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

9. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

This is an announcement, not the bug forum.

10. Draven2

Draven2 Avatar

We are talking about the lottery for the R34. We know the R33 happened.

I know.... but if they check the forums, then they'll have seen that it isn't working for everyone. If they don't check the forums, then they'll only know if we report it.
    Seems pointless reporting it if they already know about it. Which is why I asked whether they monitor the forums (and know about this) or whether they only look at the bug reports (in which case we should report it).
    This is why I finished with "Does anyone know?"
    So... do you know?

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

If you do @DarkStarr or @Chris then it will ping them. They are very busy. I don't think it is possible for the development team to monitor the forums. They do not have time to monitor the forums themselves, but @Berek tries to keep an eye on them I'm sure for them, plus the negativity can get crazy sometimes and we are still just in development. I wouldn't want to monitor it myself, it could be quite a downer sometimes, well or quite often ;) I wasn't trying to interfere with your ideas, but I was just trying to help if I could. :)

rild and Alexander like this.
  12. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Please, always report it if you want to be sure we got the message. While we do our best to read and respond to most posts, a great way to ensure we see a particular point is to use the @Devnamehere as many people do. We may still not be able to respond right away, but we'll do our best!

13. Draven2

Draven2 Avatar

Excellent. Thank you for the informative response. I appreciate that.
    If I was a dev... I definitely wouldn't check the forums. =) I'd get someone else to act as a filter to avoid the negativity, so I totally understand how much of a downer it would be.
    No worries. I'll just look into reporting it then. I don't think I'd be comfortable pinging a dev to try and get their attention. You people have too much on your plates already.

Thank you all for your responses.
    I'll report this on the assumption that if I go to a Bank and click the Claim button, I should have gotten a ticket for the R34 lottery.
    Many thanks.

And..... already reported and responded to.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/raffle-tickets-not-in-bank.64907/
    They're still processing. Need to sort out the winners from R33 first. Developer responded and announced "Fear not, dear friends. The wheels are turning."
    So... they're aware and it's not an issue on our ends. =) Sweet.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Berek and majoria70 like this.
  14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

15. Omegaflux

Omegaflux Avatar

FYI - I just received my R34 raffle tickets today after downloading patch..... @Draven2

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.