Will you be part of a Kickstarter/Pledge for the next Episode release?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vallo Frostbane, Sep 24, 2016.

?

Will you pledge in the second kickstarter (Episode 2) and at what level?

1. Same as in Episode 1 Kickstarter...

16.0%
  2. Greater than in Episode 1 Kickstarter...

13.6%
  3. Lower than in Episode 1 Kickstarter...

24.5%
  4. I will not pledge in an Episode 2 Kickstarter...

45.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Superbitsandbob

Superbitsandbob Avatar

Actually I did not. I said they were farming and discussing amassing their own wealth in game, essentially treating it like it's a release and not a game still in development. Not that is any of your business but I did find a bug with FRAPS and am in the process of investigating it and reporting it on the boards (I haven't been here very long).

I had no idea there was a limit to how much I could discuss a topic, you seem to be coming up with our owns personal rules as to what you want to read and applying it to everyone else. Seeing as you picked my post out of the other RMT posts, got all salty about it, and then didn't even do the courtesy of telling me where I went wrong, I don't feel the need to give you any specifics about anything but...ideally there would be no RMT and the game economy would flow naturally on its own right through the games own systems and not at the mercy of outside forces.

Mykll likes this.
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well in my opinion a thread like this just gets people all riled up. It could be like a mutiny or a riot lol. Throw the captain and his lead ship mates over board *splash*. :eek:. ;)

So we have all contributed in many ways. We have spent money, we have taken our time, we have formed opinions, had expectations, had disappointments, some have rage quit, or just quit and come back, and sometimes for some, we have also had fun and learned a lot or at least some things. (Like I know what rigging is now and many other things) ;)

The tensions are building after almost 4 years for some, but others of us know we are on a home stretch. (Hoping for another good 6-12 months though for release, depending on new hires to help, and progress). :)

Anyway I have been a fan girl since Nov 2013 and I will stay a fan girl until the end. Possible choices are keep being for SOTA and being for things you want to see in SOTA, or stop being for SOTA and go and take your chances out there, and let it form without you. *shivers*:eek:, j/k maybe, but I'm not leaving this project to go on without me, no way. Who would fight the good fight then, who would be true blue and loyal then, or, or ......lecture?;)

Would it be you or could it be someone else? My heart goes out to our Dev team, man a job like this could get to you if you let it. So here's me Hoping people will hang in there. I just so know it is going to be worth it. 'I do beleive in SOTA', I do believe in SOTA', 'I do believe in SOTA'. So just my take on this thread, it truly is not all up to one person being irate to possibly be asked for more money, more time, or whatever. It is actually whatever each of us makes it mean. ;) *cheers*, carry on SOTA- mates;). :)

Pikegirl, Luca Xante and Tahru like this.
  3. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Ahh I like it! Almost like a solo game of tic-tac-toe jotted on a napkin with no backers.

4. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

Do you really believe that when the game of today could be seen, in various ways, years ago? ie: While things have changed over time, broadly speaking, the game hasn't.

So is there really a home stretch where everything "falls into place" and "becomes awesome" and so on and so forth? I just can't see it. After years, I don't see a change coming.

Mykll, Ice Queen and Pickley like this.
  5. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Haha, well the good thing is, this game will be continuing, there won't be an ending, unless it ends of course, but say it continues on and has a good enough player base to keep it going. Ok fast forward we release for EP 1 with systems reasonably balanced as a game can do and features added, ok what then?

Ok as stated by the Dev team many times just because it is EP 1 does not mean more isn't coming in continuously until EP 2 (they have a huge to do list from us. Richard says if they can do it and it is feasible, they will get it in for, all of it) ;).

Ok so then what, stretch goals start coming in like Mounts, and of course fabulous mounts knowing this team (just look at the fans, oh my, just for an example of art lol), then OMG my favorite, Boating starts coming in and will it just be run of the mill boats after all polish and stuff of the system, well no way (we already have examples of the gorgeous boats as deco and some pledge boats/galley's etc).

Ok so what next and omg Pack animals come in and will they just be plain old pack animals, but of course not ;). There is so much on that list, all our wish lists we've done for years, not all forgotten, just in the background waiting for it's time.

You can doubt it and that is fine, but I do not. I am excited about this game. This is the most excited I've been about it since I first heard about it in 2013, little things like balance drive people through the roof, and oh they took this or that way from us, omg, well duh they are making the freaking game.

Do I get frustrated and impatient sometimes yes, but do I stop believing they can pull it off or stop believing that they aren't pouring their heart and soul into this project, well no way. Is it going to be every single thing to the last detail that I want or feel strongly about, well no way and you know why?........because I don't know sh*t. There have been times I've been opposed strongly to something since I've been here since the dark ages and I find out that yep I didn't know sh*t, It all worked out their way, or someone else's way was fantastic after all. I don't see it as perfect, I see it as possible and amazing in many ways, and why because we are here. If someone else was here it may be different.
    edited

6. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

You can discuss rmt anywhere, you just can't advertise outside of the marketplace.

Mykll, evillego6, jammaplaya and 3 others like this.
  7. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

nyuh uh

8. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

It's not that I "doubt" there's more to be added. Of course there will be. And a good whack of it will be stuff they can flog for $$$ so, of course, they're going to add and add and add. It's in their best interests to do so.

But the underlying game is broken. Actually, scratch that, to be broken it needed to be right in the first place -- and it never has been. Compared to basically every MMO out there, this feels clunky, combat's awful, etc.

If it seems like I'm railing on the game now, I am. For years I gave it the benefit of the doubt, but things that were badly implemented in the first place still aren't better, years on. I don't see why it will all change now... :(

9. evillego6

evillego6 Avatar

But what if they add ladder climbing in episode 2?

Shadoweaver and jammaplaya like this.
  10. Enziet

Enziet Avatar

As I said in a previous post. There is of course alot of things that still need to be fixed. Keep in mind the game is still ALPHA. I don't care who says what about launch date. It's not going to happen by Christmas. Unless a miracle happens and someone comes in and says here is what is wrong with your coding Oh! and I've already coded all of these extra fluff things for you. There is no way it's going to happen.

I would say End of Q1 Possible Q2 release.

The game is still Alpha. Give it time.

Also I love the combat system. The randomness of the decks really give it that edge of, omg I'm going to die!! No I'm not :D

(Sorry the above rant about launch date is just me. I've been in previous posts where people were very... insistent about the launch date lol)

11. psteg

psteg Avatar

I agree. I have around $1,500 invested but it is all through the add on store less the initial $65.00 dollar s to get in. This way you get what you want and are not stuck with a lot of crap you don't want.
    As far as investing in Part 2, we shall see.

12. Gemini

Gemini Avatar

13. toverp

toverp Avatar

Let me think about it....NO!
    I will buy another game instead.

14. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

this poll should be repeated after episode 1 launches ;)

15. Mykll

Mykll Avatar

Then they will have 1 basic climbing animation and 10 different add-on store climbing animations to be purchased.

16. Sir_Hemlock

Sir_Hemlock Avatar

Give...more $$?

Does not compute.

EP. 2?

Does not compute.

17. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

That is of course your *opinion* and as I have said for a long time now, probably utterly unfounded since the game is still alpha.

I think the game is coming along GREAT and thats my opinion after playing MMO's since BBS days and playing far worse put together games like this in beta that people (in beta) said would be a disaster like UO, EQ, WOW, etc....

18. Vagabond Sam

Vagabond Sam Avatar

The game is not in alpha as per Darstarr's post referring to the final wipe.

By all accounts of projected launch being next year i don't see the game reaching a state where i would be committed to paying for the next release before seeing it given the design philosophy implemented in the crafting RNG, RMT support and the addition of premium currency.

Also the belief that hiding key information and stats is immersing as if our avatars can't estimate their own abilities. It didn't work in Final Fantasy XI and that was in a time when people were more tolerant of 'hardcore' MMOs.

Given the timeline for release and the the years already invested in the product i think we're well past forgiving all the rough edges as 'alpha' and it is time the game started to look more like a compete product especially in the context of pledging to a second Kickstarter

Pikegirl, Mykll and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  19. Shadoweaver

Shadoweaver Avatar

Sure I have seen the trailers for years now. But im not going to buy an advanced ticket showing of a sequel when the first movie isnt even in theaters yet.

20. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

But how is the game coming along in terms of the "single player narrative" and this?
    • Single Player Offline Mode: Players will adventure through over 40 hours of story in an interactive world where their choices during ethical paradoxes have consequences.

Mykll and Shadoweaver like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.