Bone armour: Wet noodle

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NZguzzi, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NZguzzi

NZguzzi Avatar

Sorry but:

After grinding for 2 full days, finally had enough bones and a lich skull to make the helmet.

*Materials drop rate seems 1% around 100 mobs / drop, very low drop rate considering how many bones we actually need etc.
    *It requires rare magical bones but has no magical properties once crafted. ( no death magic resist or life steal from Lich, no fire resist from Pheonix, no health regen from Troll )
    *This armour is totally cosmetic, the stats are disappointing for the time it takes to grind out.
    Meteoric Iron Bone Helmet : Light armour 1.2% resist,1% avoid, 3% fizzle rate

I will not try to enchant or MC this armour in case of failure, it just takes way too long to grind out the materials.
    Devs, please improve the base item drop rates for these

Ugly?....perhaps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
  2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

think it makes you look sexy.
    And i think rare drop was kinda the idea, as theres very little hard to get stuff in game atm.

3. Sephros

Sephros Avatar

Some people just can't play the game. Numbers numbers numbers. Just get a spread sheet and read. You might be happier.

Fister Magee, yobtar, Retlaw and 3 others like this.
  4. mercster

mercster Avatar

Come on, give us your bones! </Dr. Steve Brule>

Burningholes, Mac R and NZguzzi like this.
  5. NZguzzi

NZguzzi Avatar

And some people are happy to play cards with a poor hand and always lose.
    And some of us want to improve the game so that casual players actually start buying it.......
    Tired of seeing the same faces day in and day out? You sir, probably not.
    I am reading the spread sheet for drop rates, I am not happy.

Apollyon9515 likes this.
  6. Lazlo

Lazlo Avatar

@NZguzzi What is the durability on the helm? TIA

7. agra

agra Avatar

Yeah, there's no way anyone I know (nor me myself) would ever risk masterworking or enchanting that, given the time sink required for the mats.

Hey, wait, that's just like any alloy gear! ;)

At some point, probably just before the end of the year, silver and gold will be just guarded enough that the average player can't get them, and masterworking and enchanting will be just hard enough no-one will risk trying it, and "Portalarium balance" will be achieved. The exact moment when concurrency numbers drop below triple digits. Looking forward to that! :oops:

Kirran and lollie like this.
  8. NZguzzi

NZguzzi Avatar

I only got 80/80 on a non exceptional ( i know right, you would think it would have more durability ) no MC , no enchants

monkeysmack and Lazlo like this.
  9. NZguzzi

NZguzzi Avatar

Strange because I can easily make sets of Meteoric plate without fear of failures on enchant just because the mats are realistic to gather.
    Now if you were to tell me iron ore would be a 1% drop rate..... well, that would change everything.
    Actually the gather rates etc for all the other materials, iron, copper, gold , silver, cotton, and the rares are very good.
    The bone armour however just seems pointless, many other enjoyable things I can do with my time than killing 400 skeletons thanks.

Epic starter level armour lol :eek:

Black Tortoise likes this.
  10. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

If the idea is that its supposed to be a cosmetic piece or conversation piece, the drop rates are probably fine.
    If people are actually expected to wear/use/fight in this then....yeah agree with everyone. With the current breakage rates on enchant/masterwork, nobody's going to bother considering what you have to kill to get the materials even if they were 100% drop. I'm not going to go kill the Phoenix a dozen times to try and get 1 piece of decent armor that survives the mw/ench process.

lollie likes this.
  11. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

The idea is that it's supposed to be a light armor with heavy armor DR, and high durability so it can handle more MW/Enchants. I love the idea, the game was lacking endgame stuff and this is a good start.

But I don't think the durability is in yet. I clicked hoping to see a pic of the stats, please post!

Govenor Ruin, Fister Magee and lollie like this.
  12. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

He already wrote "80/80" durability on a non-exceptional Helm. That's the same as Wolf Hats :->

13. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

The big bonus bone armor gets over other armor is a higher base durability. Currently this is not implemented. The devs took out the durability bonus before launch of r34. They intend to add the durability bonus back to the armor after other's on the forums complained that it was promised but not implemented. So that's the bonus bone armor will have. What this means is you'll be able to put 3 enchants and 3 mastercrafts on it without reducing the dura too much if you're willing to take that risk and have high enough skill levels.

4EverLost, Pikegirl and MrBlight like this.
  14. Pikegirl

Pikegirl Avatar

We'll just have to be patient and wait for them to change the values in a patch later.

At least it was confirmed that the values would be changed.

Govenor Ruin, NZguzzi and 4EverLost like this.
  15. NZguzzi

NZguzzi Avatar

I agree, maybe I just jumped the gun on a nerdrage due to the time it took to grind.
    In patch this morning:
    • Increased based durability on Bone Armor
    It's a start.
    Seriously though, just from a guy who has played a massive amount of his life within MMO's.
    Time to grind should = value of reward, this is why we have time sinks on crafting, mining nodes etc etc.
    I am sure with a few tweaks, this armour could become very worthwhile.
    * This armour is crying out for innate abilities.
    ( Guild member lost his piece on the enchant table yesterday, was a real shame, ( almost like crashing a brand new Porsche without insurance )

Still I question:
    * Boss mobs required to grind for the hooves, talons, troll parts require group play ~ this is good but the drop rate needs to be increased, or a bonus given on drop rates to grouped players.

Pikegirl and moko like this.
  16. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

With the current drop rates of the materials, and the ridiculous breakage rates at higher-than-gm, I'm wondering how many hours of grind it would take to acquire a full set with 3 mw/enchants
    Hundreds of hours, most likely.
    Not a grinding game tho ;)

lollie and The Hendoman like this.
  17. redfish

redfish Avatar

By the way....

Why do lich skulls look so different from the normal human skulls that normal undead skeleton have? Were they not humans when they died? Did their skulls mutate or deform after death?

NZguzzi likes this.
  18. Burningholes

Burningholes Avatar

HAHAHAHAAHH!!! funniest ****!

19. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

That's basically how I see it. I think it's cool that the components are rare, but it's going to be ridiculous to actually use that bonus durability with the risk you'll have of losing it and how long it takes to make another one. Definitely will be a massive grind unless you get extremely lucky and beat the questionable percentages.

20. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

It seems like the Dev team are awful at balancing anything not sold in the add-on store. I'm surprised we even got this. Seems as useful as the dragonscale armour in UO though - so it at least has that as a point of inspiration... =P

NZguzzi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.