Lum was right about protecting cats to begin with

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Albus, Oct 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moko

moko Avatar

Actually, some merchants tell you already to stop stealing :D Now if they would only protect the cats...

smack likes this.
  2. Sir Leonard

Sir Leonard Localization Team

I think making cats with 9 lives made it worse for them. Now people just bash cats in city to see them bump repeatedly... =P

3. Acred

Acred Avatar

It is not at all acceptable to me to see a guard or other NPC killing a cat, nor a group of them chasing a cat to kill it, nor entering the Aerie cat lady's home to see all her felines that she previously introduced by name dead on the floor.

I think I shall go to each of my lots now and place a cat pet in my yard. Are these also going to be slain by passing NPCs?

lollie, Cianna, Womby and 1 other person like this.
  4. LoneStranger

LoneStranger Avatar

This is completely and indisputably horrible and I can't believe you would suggest such a thing.

[Sign me up! I need something like a cat head on the wall to remind my feline that I am the real boss. I summoned him into this world; I can desummon him.]

ThurisazSheol and Duke Avery like this.
  5. smack

smack Avatar

Yeah, guards (...and most NPCs) are pretty brain dead and I'm hoping we get to see more behaviors, personalities, and reactions to what we do in towns. And it would be different in each town or region perhaps. Livestock in one town or region may be domesticated as pets in another or perhaps revered or worshipped in yet another...which begs the question: what is the culture of these towns, regions, etc?

But in general, even for towns that don't care for cows or sheep and only use them as livestock, for instance, killing them in the middle of town vs a slaughter house or in your own home or away from the center of town...sure, maybe frowned upon. And also sure if they are someone else's livestock, you're killing what isn't yours...so...

I think it was said that was a bug, where guards in every town were just killing cats for no reason? But if there was some story or lore reason why guards (or any NPC, be they generic or named) why those activities were happening in some particular town, I'd like to know more. Perhaps there are quests around this, be it explicit or hidden to test our virtues.

I think player-owned stuff is protected from NPCs so I don't think there's any fear about that. But I'd say, why not....if you're flagged PvP, so are your pets (and servants, etc) :D

LoneStranger likes this.
  6. fyrhuf

fyrhuf Avatar

as a cat person and all around animal lover i say that any who kill cats, livestock, dogs , whatever in public be instantly opened to public display of brutal disembowelment, dismemberment and pieces be scattered to the four corners of novia. death to all who bring misery to cat friends and torture my eyes with such heinous offenses!

lollie and Womby like this.
  7. moko

moko Avatar

Quote from patch notes: "The Catpocalypse of 2016 has ended. (NPCs no longer attack cats)"

Yaaay

8. Blackghost

Blackghost Avatar

Cats are the devil! Kill them all!
    We need more cats slaughter !

9. Rodriguez

Rodriguez Avatar

On the contrary I say that stray cats and dogs should be a source of cheap meat, leather and fur! I think it is a good idea to have NPCs react to killing them though, be it negatively or positively as not everyone on this world sees these animals through the same lens as western cat and dog lovers and neither should the people of Novia.

smack and Duke Avery like this.
  10. Grodatroll

Grodatroll Avatar

'Named' npc, fine or someting sure... random, critters... open season.

Anyone found any good cat or dog recipes?

smack likes this.
  11. moko

moko Avatar

Henceforth I petition that every backer should name a cat in the game that is then made invincible. All others can be fair game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.