Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Critical Attacks (and hit chance)

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Bug Forum' started by Xanderxavier, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xanderxavier

Xanderxavier Avatar

This is in relation to the Critical Chance bug introduced with R34 as detailed in normal bug forum, which has reduced my earnings from control point capping from 15,500-16k an hour to 9500-10k an hour. As a result of this i think its pretty much at blocker level's, on a side note based on post on normal forums err https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/critical-attacks.64953/

I have done some testing with sota hud(err read's out /stats), from what I can see I have 0.24 crit chance with two crit skills suppose to provide 5% each + dex as listed above and with +14% weapon, unequipping the weapon I go down to 0.05 crit chance, meaning my dex + both those skills are providing only 0.05, given both are suppose to provide 5% each... and dex is suppose to help to, so given system it should provide .5 per skill if 1.0 is meant to be 100%, for .10 + whatever i get from dex, dex is providing no crit chance at all and crit skills providing 0.025 (out of 1) each instead of 0.5, still i suspect whole system needs re-examining as nothings working right, if 1.0 is suppose to be 100% chance and I currently have 0.24 crit chance this indicates 0.24%... but theres no way I have 1/4 chance of crit or 14% for that matter

I have like 1/15 to 1/25 i'd estimate based on current crit rate, if 0.24 is a result of a 14% crit chance well... that makes little sense, even if 2.0 was 100% crit chance 0.19 for 14% crit rate is not what you'd get, and there's no way my 0.24 supposedly representing crit rate including 14% crit rate from my sword which add's 0.19% by equipping (huh) is providing me in total 14% crit rate, so the whole calculation is flawed from top to bottom since R34, twas getting a nice crit rate before prolly about 1/4 to 1/5 which well is appropriate given how much i spent on gear, as explained in above thread I had before patch 60% in two crit skills (err under subtefuge and blades), and since R34 raised both to 80, atm all crit items seem well useless, as the crit system is broken.

This needs a priority fix, I barely been playing since R34 as well I dont like spending 2 hours for an hours work lol, for ref I have 127 day buffed Str(night time 94 unbuffed str (with gear) 99 unbuffed str in day, 52 dex, 47 int, 80 in both crit skills 80 in all combats, GM heavy lifter and bladed combat, 80 in most passives (or 60-70 in a couple i not got round to yet), I play a static deck for CP capping so no issue with just bad luck on deck since R34, so I suspect that dex not helping crit rate isnt only thing isnt not doing now, all but last para below pulled from a post i did in above thread, based on earning calc before and after so skip if you like.

Timed it before and after r34 Patch, with 60 in both crit skills(like +3.8% each), 126 buffed str(during day, 121 at night(base 94 night/99 day), 52 dex 47 int, gm heavy lift (Suit of 2x2 Meteroric Iron Epic Plate Armour with hardened leather straps and +11 two-handed copper sword (w/ +14% crit chance and still 80 dur max :D) 80 in all combats and most useful passives 70-80 + fixed deck + gm blades) + was filling up from control point capping to 1620 pounds of loot in an hour (inc entering and leaving map from CP and clearing adds as u do, (like 2m 10-30s ish) and was getting 15500-16000 gp per hour.

Now after patch as is with 80 in both crit skills(5% each) +1 str from buff partial fix(err str of earth suppose to provide +13, before R34 provides +11... since r34 provides +12... lol one to go), takes me 120 minutes 45 secs to fill up to 1620(base like 52 weight) for same run (entering map before load screen to exiting map after load screen, as above time), getting 19,795 (so prolly 19,500-20k range) for it, so loot value gone up but not by remotely enough to make up for changes, in one hour actually 64 minutes you can fill to 880.5 which is roughly max weight with buffs so it halved weight fill up (banking time not included bout 3 mins to 3m 30 inc overloaded overland travel + loading screens + travel to vendor + multiple fill up to 50 items + repair deed use on sword from pile in bank) essentially 9897gp per hour or well per 64 min so 5,603gp less an hour or 6,103gp at high end (it varies a little depending on dur of drops etc)... ouch :(, pls fix.

For reference as to how much this is, my 2x2 suit of armour w/ hardened leather straps which cost me 170,000 gold + 130 paypal for custom made suit (inc attempt at 3x3 chest with 3 broken chests alas (this also included masterworking plate to 50)) gave me about 2.5-3.5k an hour extra vs a Meteoric Epic Iron suit with plain leather straps with no masterworks or enchants) I got it when i was earning 10.5-11k an hour(err had at time, 80 base str (during day, 75 night) or like 107 after buffs, 47 dex 42 int... heavy lift at 91 or was it 80... i forgot... think like half combats were still at 70 at time but i had gm'd blade (tho at time combat passives at 60 not same as rest of combats)), and it boosted to like 13-14.5 on own, twas(am) on quest to earn 2 million gold and buy myself a town-house lot deed, alas wasted weekend + since patch as is :(, also with crits as is, all copper or crit chance items are worth bupkis.

Not yet mentioned hit chance but that's gone down to, its like I've seen many crits for 0 dmg from the few crit's i have left, infact far to many 0 dmg's misses and low blows considering my skills, normal non-ability sword hits have vastly reduced in dmg, indeed since R34 I feel weak as a new born babe, it's like weaker then when i had 50 str and 70 in all combats.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    Scraps MacMutt likes this.
  2. Chris

Chris Tech Lord Moderator Ambassador SOTA Developer

I'll be writing up the details of what happened and what the fall out is from this. I will also try to find some middle ground math. Look for a post later today.

Spinok, Govenor Ruin and Jack Knyfe like this.
  3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Mabey less math and a little ballance on the skills hitting 80%. 20-30 % real crit is not unreasonable for high skill/great gear.

Scraps MacMutt likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.