Deserving Players POT Deed Distribution Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sara Dreygon, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Many players have won more POT deeds than they feel they need and as I was raised in a poor household I feel like it would be a good idea to give some to deserving people... so...

Send me a PM (don't reply to thread) if you - or someone you know - is a working, single parent (or disabled), or maybe just down on their luck and only have the base Adventurer pledge with no property deed add-ons and is really looking forward to having property in the game but lack the financial means to do so. Posts on how am I going to choose, what am I looking to hear, etc. are not needed - I just want to get these deeds to players who are deserving of them.

I was originally going to choose 5 players who I felt would be deserving to distribute the deeds to but since then I found that there are many, many players willing to donate deeds to the cause so I would like to consider continuing doing this - especially as more POT row lots come into the economy through raffles, etc. If anyone has more POT row lots than they need and just wants to get them to good people who deserve them, feel free to PM me or post in this thread and I'll add them to the pool of POT row lots available and continue this until I've finally run out :) but please only give a lot if you really have no use for it and don't feel like selling it. I promise it'll go to someone deserving.

Everyone please know that after I get rid of the 5 deeds I put into this I'm merely acting as a distributor for other's good will so it is the community as a whole that deserves the credit and thanks.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot put into words how many great stories I've received from players letting me know a bit about themselves but also strongly urging that they DO NOT want a deed if it means that they'll be taking away from someone who may be more deserving which makes me feel that out player base is even more special a group of people than I originally thought - which I felt was already special. For those who I have not - or may not - have gotten the opportunity to reply to, please know that I am reading all of the PMs I receive and replying to many however there are quite a few so I apologize and please don't feel that I am ignoring your PM. I can assure you that very deserving players are getting the deeds even if you yourself did not receive one.

The current number of deeds distributed stands at:
    Row: 14
    Village: 1
    Town: 0

The current total of POT deeds in the pool stands at:
    Row: 7
    Village: 0

The current total of place anywhere deeds in the pool stands at:
    Row: 1

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  2. Iviy

Iviy Avatar

What a wonderful, generous thing to do Sara Dreygon!! I'm sure you will make 2 people very happy indeed! :)

3. Thwip

Thwip Avatar

Hey I like that. Give to those who have none. :) Good job, and thank you.

4. Makaryus Drach

Makaryus Drach Avatar

Things like this are what makes SotA such a great community.

Stahlknecht, Asclepius, Numa and 14 others like this.
  5. Travitar

Travitar Avatar

Thanks for doing this for 2 people. :)

Well the number keeps increasing, it's 5 now! :D

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  6. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

A virtue at its finest hour. You are nobility in action. May your Virtues be a model for unselfish values.

7. jutman

jutman Avatar

Now that's community at its finest!! But I'm sure it won't add any to your in game virtues ;(

8. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Given away one of the five thus far.

9. jutman

jutman Avatar

Community over money! Need u as a RL neighbor!!

10. Ihuma

Ihuma Avatar

Good on you, Sara. Very honorable.

11. Greyfox

Greyfox Avatar

Wish I could give a MILLION Likes.

Thank you.

12. Joeble

Joeble Avatar

Very nice of you to do, I am sure your cloak glows the right color :)

13. lizkimber

lizkimber Avatar

What a really wonderful thing to do. You are a truly kind person.. and whats the phrase, May the luck be ever in your favor..

Asclepius, firesparx, Tahru and 4 others like this.
  14. Acred

Acred Avatar

Sara Dreygon's like the leopard who does not change its spots. One of my first memories of Sara is receiving a Knight's Winged Helm from this angel perched on high (on top of a market stall in the middle of Soltown).

As I've said before, Karma comes 'round!

15. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

You are the noblest of the noble Sara Dreygon.

16. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

Excellent community spirit!

Black Death, Asclepius, Acred and 5 others like this.
  17. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

18. Linthu

Linthu Avatar

Awesome!

Asclepius, Acred, firesparx and 3 others like this.
  19. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I have ear-marked another deed to a very kind and deserving person. This would have brought the original 3 deeds down to 1 but I've decided to toss 2 more POT row lot deeds into the mix so there are 3 still available.

I cannot put into words how many great stories I've received from players letting me know a bit about themselves but also strongly urging that they DO NOT want a deed if it means that they'll be taking away from someone who may be more deserving which makes me feel that out player base is even more special a group of people than I originally thought - which I felt was already special. For those who I have not - or may not - have gotten the opportunity to reply to, please know that I am reading all of the PMs I receive and replying to many however there are quite a few so I apologize and please don't feel that I am ignoring your PM. I can assure you that very deserving players are getting the deeds even if you yourself did not receive one.

I would like to consider continuing to do this - especially as more POT row lots come into the economy through raffles, etc. - and have already heard from one player that would like to donate some of the ones that he won. If anyone has more POT row lots than they need and just wants to get them to good people who deserve them, feel free to PM me or post in this thread and I'll add them to the pool of POT row lots available and continue this until I've finally run out :) but please only give a lot if you really have no use for it and don't feel like selling it. I promise it'll go to someone deserving.

If you still feel that you are someone, or know someone that could use a lot for any of the reasons listed in the original post - or other deserving reasons not yet listed - please continue to send me a PM.

Best wishes and thanks for the kind words however this is all about brightening other people's lives.

Asclepius, fakhart, Pikegirl and 20 others like this.
  20. Ihuma

Ihuma Avatar

My respect for you is now divided by three and multiplied by five :D

valor, Asclepius, Mikeyta and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.