2h sword special barely crit since r34

Discussion in 'Skills and Combat' started by Duke William of Serenite, Oct 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke William of Serenite

Duke William of Serenite Avatar

I can go through 3-4 mobs and not see one crit when I use a special attack.

This is definitely repeatable if a dev wants to see this.

I have about 16 crit chance between skills and weapon

Makaryus Drach likes this.
  2. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

The devs really need to post about it. But the answer we got in discord seems to indicate it was intentional. Weapons will now raise your base critical chance by that percentage.

As in if your crit chance is 1% a weapon with +10% crit will raise it to 1.1%
    Not to 11% like before.

3. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

There's absolutely zero chance that the 'bug they fixed' was that calculation.

80/160% with a specific glyph was the comment.

Sounds like some BS backpeddling to not sound incompetent.

There's no way the crit glyphs and crafting %s were balanced with that intention.

FYI, it's not that way with magic yet. Why would they only change one and not globally?

Edit: just patched 489, and notes state they increased passive crit glyphs

Fk looks like they nerfed crit into the ground and keeping it there. 5 - 7.5% chance for all avatars.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2016
  4. Illveran

Illveran Avatar

Thats great.. gonna test it when i get back frm work.

5. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Elaborated on other thread.
    Im finding with ranged, i am ( supposed to have 31% chance) im getting about 30 % when i normal attack with a bow. Dunno how many of u play archers but we dont generally do that very often lol
    on skills im getting closer to 10-15% tops.
    Very inconsistant. And this is after their fix today.
    I poked Chris and asked him to elaborate.

Makaryus Drach likes this.
  6. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

My small sample run today

/170

7.1% crit auto atk.
    20.7% miss on greens. :(

100 blade skill. 92 and 81 in both crit passives. 37 dex, 49 buffed

(5%) greatsword with 7% material mod

'Thrust' had a sample size of 87 and crit was actually closer to what it should be. 18.4%

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
  7. Harclubs

Harclubs Avatar

Yeah, I've swapped out my copper sword for an iron one because using an iron blade gives higher damage. I've kept the hilt copper and it feels like I crit almost as much. Kills aren't as fast as the good ol' days of 33, but it's better than it was.

I'm thinking of swapping to a wand with a wooden shield because I can't help thinking melee damage is kinda crap compared to magic/ranged, even using a no-reagent deck. It's kind of weird, but I reckon I could tank better using the wand/shield combo than with a melee weapon because agro is all over the shop. Having a few range options would make it easier to hold, rather than chasing the buggers all over the map.

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
  8. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Ya, thinking Obsidian Arrow and a Mage Implement in lieu of Blades.

Will be hard to get used to not having the speed and responsiveness of unlocked Thrust crit spam.

Does seem closer to being fixed tho.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I debated switching to pure mage today from archer lol, figured if i have to make a new main wep and armor set Aannyways...
    but gonna wait n see if they go into detail about crit better.

10. agra

agra Avatar

Wow, if that's really what they're changing it to, crit will be pointless. Such a bad thing when every patch makes the game less fun. :(

11. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

Maybe there are plans on changing bonuses on gear too and we just have to wait before everything starts to make some sense? Dunno. Gonna test a bit myself now and hope that Chris elaborates further soon so we all get the idea behind that.

12. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

This is going to force everyone to switch to mage classes... which I don't like because I'm a mage, and if everyone switches to mage then they'll end up nerfing mages. I'd rather they just buff melee and archers back up. This change to crit was a terrible decision on their part. It makes the critical chance stat on gear essentially worthless. Which means basically all archers and all melee need to regear now too.

Alexander and Lord Baldrith like this.
  13. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

Yeah and if you consider the miss rate that is practically non-existent on spells it's just another reason to "reroll mage". Well, gotta keep in mind things aren't finished yet. So rerolling isn't the smartest thing probably ^^

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  14. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ya, I've got an alt melee character I've been playing for fun...but find that my most reliable damage is my fist spells. I'd rather not be forced to use magic on my melee characters. I hope they give melee some love.

Vrunk Hrrk likes this.
  15. Evilgamer

Evilgamer Avatar

^^

I've fought being more mage than melee this entire time. I even took two weeks to train bludgeon/polearms (top skill to gm actives to 75) on top of blades.

And then a few more mostly working on defense(spells included).
    I dumped my offensive armor for a defensive set (taking almost all the gold I had )

And I still haven't broken through the content wall I was beating my head over in a meaningful way. (Anything ranged that is yellow or orange to al 80 and has a friend...their melee counterparts are getting drunk with me about how weak they are).

The game is driving me to be a mage against my will currently. Though to be honest its more of a survival and focus pool issue.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  16. Cinder Sear

Cinder Sear Avatar

Since this patch note: "Increased effectiveness of passive skills that affect critical hit chance.", I've had a lot more crits during autoattack. I know my autoattack has felt extremely lacking for a while now, but something has changed imo. I don't miss as much anyway.. not sure if there's anything to it, maybe I just went up an adventurer level, for all I know! :) (skills and charged attacks too, are hitting better and dealing more damage, I have no numbers, but it felt better)

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
  17. WehTeheFf

WehTeheFf Avatar

The crit chance has gotten better since the patch. But it's still too little for +crit gear to be worth it. Sadly I have no idea what that 80% crit chance was they talked about in the initial R34 patch notes. Now it's ~14% overall for me (with 5% from weapon and +23% from gear and innates) which is obviously a great deal better than the previous ~6%, but well... I don't see why they couldn't just keep it the way it was, because I don't see how it was possible to get 80% crit chance to begin with :->

18. Snazz

Snazz Avatar

Mine is still too low for full passives +5% on weapon +dex

Guessing the material bonus is moot. Wonder how this is comparable to the crit damage%. Have 7/12 on 2HS

MrBlight likes this.
  19. Harclubs

Harclubs Avatar

Sad to say but using a wand and round wooden shield (0% fizzle) in chain armor makes more sense for close combat, with the added benefit of also being better for ranged combat. No more chasing those archer skeles that seem to be channeling Usain Bolt. It feels like almost equivalent damage even though my magic skills are, on average, 25pts below my blade skills, and focus is less of a problem because the magic fists only use 5pts each use, and magic arrows use 7pts. Throw in deflect with the shield and I'm more survivable as well. Its a shame but not unexpected because melee always seems to get the rough end of the pineapple in MMO's.

Scraps MacMutt and Vrunk Hrrk like this.
  20. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Ive been basically repeating myself for a week that i need an explination on crit chance.
    Ranged crit archer.
    Their * fix * made my auto attack crit more and still not even as much as it should be . Still wrong % on skills ans overall by a LOT.
    Autoattack on archer is also pretty not used as a longbow charge tskes forever.. but i definitly enjoy 4 or 5 rapid fires in a row and not gettin a crit when im 30%+.
    Im basically off the game till they break it down already, as entirely to many threads asking same question with no answer.
    Already embaressingly discussed switching to mage for a solid half hour before deciding i spent too much time to gm my ranged skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.